Missing Persons and Unsolved Crimes and Mysteries

The involvement of the private diving/scanning firm and how much they're pushing themselves forward and talking in the media makes me uncomfortable. Perhaps I'm being unfair, but it seems like it's being treated as something of a sales pitch. And, naturally, when they couldn't turn up anything, they start alluding to there being more to it than meets the eye.

Totally agree.

The lead figure from that company has also done quite a bit of backtracking from initially being critical of the police search and methods to then saying they’d done a solid job.

I’m actually skeptical they are offering anything more than already being done.

3 weeks ago when she disappeared that was just after the floods right? The river in question is fairly wide and would have been very fast moving just after the floods. There's also very little to grab onto down the river, it's mainly grass, so it's not like she could have grabbed onto a tree and tried to climb out.

Her Spaniel wasn't wet and she didn't have her harness on so she must have taken it off to allow the dog to run around the field (assuming the field itself wasn't flooded). She clearly didn't jump in to rescue her dog otherwise the dog would be wet. The grass would have been wet and potentially slippery. So she must have slipped on the edge and went in? Not impossible, but looking at the area it happened it doesn't look overly dangerous. If she had gone in though, there's very little chance she could have gotten out, flooded rivers are very fast flowing.

3 weeks ago when she disappeared that was just after the floods right? The river in question is fairly wide and would have been very fast moving just after the floods. There's also very little to grab onto down the river, it's mainly grass, so it's not like she could have grabbed onto a tree and tried to climb out.

Her Spaniel wasn't wet and she didn't have her harness on so she must have taken it off to allow the dog to run around the field (assuming the field itself wasn't flooded). She clearly didn't jump in to rescue her dog otherwise the dog would be wet. The grass would have been wet and potentially slippery. So she must have slipped on the edge and went in? Not impossible, but looking at the area it happened it doesn't look overly dangerous. If she had gone in though, there's very little chance she could have gotten out, flooded rivers are very fast flowing.
She disappeared 11 days ago.

It hasn't even been two weeks yet so don't think floods would be a factor. News got onto the case pretty soon after she disappeared and the river looked "fine" from the reporters nearby.

In that case, it makes it even stranger because the river itself has a V shape bank. If the river wasn't flooded or fast moving then climbing up the bank wouldn't have been difficult. Bizarre.

The involvement of the private diving/scanning firm and how much they're pushing themselves forward and talking in the media makes me uncomfortable. Perhaps I'm being unfair, but it seems like it's being treated as something of a sales pitch. And, naturally, when they couldn't turn up anything, they start alluding to there being more to it than meets the eye.
Has Elon Musk turned up with his submarine yet?

Feasibility could someone random of taken her, in the middle of the day and hidden the body?

Unlikely I feel but obviously not totally impossible. There seems to be one entry/access point which has no CCTV coverage.

I think in such a case she may have known the individual in some form.

We are all guessing but I also think the police have been so adamant she’s in the water there must be absolutely nothing in terms of evidence to suggest otherwise.

With no proof of life in 11 days she’s almost certainly dead and if she’s not in the water I’d say she’s somewhere in the immediate search area.

Feasibility could someone random of taken her, in the middle of the day and hidden the body?

If you look at the area. To the North is a small housing estate. To the North West is a caravan park and to the West is the village. The river makes it impossible for anyone to move her to the South or East.

The area itself is a wide open field, used by dog walkers. You can see the spot her object were left very clearly for hundreds of meters. Clearly there wasn't any tire marks on the grass otherwise Police would assume foul play, so how the feck could someone take her to a car and get out without anyone seeing? How could anyone be that bold to do that in the first place when the risk of being caught is big.

Edit: Adding to this she went for her walk in the morning after dropping her kids off which would be prime dog walking time.

Didn't know where to put this

Epsom College deaths

From a report in the Guardian, police believe the husband shot and killed his wife and seven-year-old daughter before killing himself. What kind of fecking cnut shoots their fecking kid? I can't get my head around it at all.
nothing unsolved or mysterious about this one. As soon as I saw the headline at the weekend it was very obvious what had happened

Could be another Claudia Lawrence this

nothing unsolved or mysterious about this one. As soon as I saw the headline at the weekend it was very obvious what had happened
A family annihilator. Nearly always male, seen by others as successful and a good husband and father, often aged between 30 and 40. The murders are often preceded by a crisis such as relationship or job problems, mental illness or financial worries.

A family annihilator. Nearly always male, seen by others as successful and a good husband and father, often aged between 30 and 40. The murders are often preceded by a crisis such as relationship or job problems, mental illness or financial worries.

What's the prevailing theory, or theories, behind why the killer takes out the kids?

Didn't know where to put this

Epsom College deaths

From a report in the Guardian, police believe the husband shot and killed his wife and seven-year-old daughter before killing himself. What kind of fecking cnut shoots their fecking kid? I can't get my head around it at all.
Until last summer she was Head of Croydon Girls’ High School, where a friend’s daughter was one of her pupils. Awful.

Parents killing their children happens all too often, and isn’t confined to crackheads and perverts.

Sounds a silly question these days I suppose but why are people vandalising things

Sounds a silly question these days I suppose but why are people vandalising things

Actual detectives will look at the panelling and determine it hasn't been disturbed in some time very quickly.

Morons need to put a brick through it to have a look inside.

I live pretty close by to where Nicola went missing and last night some scum from Liverpool turned up so they could broadcast on Tiktok live where they were harassing locals.

Maybe these people should focus on making their own crime ridden shi*hole of a city a safer place.

What's the prevailing theory, or theories, behind why the killer takes out the kids?
The wiki on familicide explains this quite well
The Director of the Birmingham City University Centre of Applied Criminology, David Wilson, co-wrote a study with two others,[15] "A taxonomy of male British family annihilators, 1980–2013", examining British familicides in the period.[16] Newspaper articles were used as references. The study concluded that most of the perpetrators were male. Men who murder their entire families usually do so because they believe their spouse performed a wrongdoing and that the spouse needs to be punished, they feel that the family members caused a disappointment, they feel that their own financial failings ruined the point of having a family, and because they wish to save their family from a perceived threat.[17] Far fewer women commit familicide, and those who do usually have different reasons, including perceived or imagined loss of custody of children. Male family annihilators are typically driven by loss of control, including financial crises, separation or divorce, and may demonstrate evidence for domestic violence, while for women perpetrators, battery, abuse or mental illness is more common, the act itself more likely premeditated and more likely to include victims under the age of one.

David Wilson of Birmingham City University has divided these cases into four groups: anomic, disappointed, self-righteous, and paranoid.[citation needed]

In this typology, the anomic killer sees his family purely as a status symbol; when his economic status collapses, he sees them as surplus to requirements. The disappointed killer seeks to punish the family for not living up to his ideals of family life. The self-righteous killer destroys the family to exact revenge upon the mother, in an act that he blames on her. Finally, the paranoid killer kills their family in what they imagine to be an attempt to protect them from something even worse.

That fella who owns the search company hasn’t stopped talking since. He threw a stick in the river a few days ago, though and was able to conclude that if the stick didn’t move for 20 mins on a different day with a different flow rate and water level, then she isn’t in the water - without even getting into the old sticks-aren’t-the-same-as-people thing - so you know you’re dealing with a crack detective.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-64647967

Lancashire Police have conducted their latest press conference on Nicola Bulley's disappearance.

They acknowledged criticism of the police investigation, but said they wanted to give greater detail into what officers have been doing in the 19 days since she vanished. Here's what we learned.

High-risk: Det Supt Becky Smith said Bulley was graded as "high-risk" based on a number of specific "individual vulnerabilities" police were told about by her partner Paul Ansell. Smith refused to give further details out of respect for Bulley's family.

The glove: Addressing a report in the Sun, Smith said a glove had been recovered but it was not relevant to the investigation. She said social media sleuths had distracted the investigation and been hurtful for Bulley's family.

River hypothesis: Smith said her working hypothesis remains that the likelihood is Bulley went "into the river". But she stressed she can't be certain that is what happened as the investigation's live and there's always new information coming in.

The field: Police stressed that there has been no information to suggest a third-party was involved, or that Bulley left the field where her phone was found on a bench.

Derelict house: Smith confirmed a derelict house near the River Wyre has been searched three times and Bulley was not there.

Bulley's dog: Asked if it was significant that Bulley's dog was running between the bench and the gate - not the bench and the water's edge - police said they couldn't speak to the dog and all they could say is that the dog, Willow, was running back and forth in the area where Bulley's possessions were found.

Social media activity: Smith said police are doing "further work" on Bulley's social media accounts. This might mean Bulley will show up as online on those accounts, but police have full control of Bulley's phone and it will be them, not anyone else, using the accounts.

Thought it was a good press conference by them. They need to shut down some of the baseless theories from amateur sleuths.

Thought it was a good press conference by them. They need to shut down some of the baseless theories from amateur sleuths.
Yes, a lot of these theories are ridiculous. Isn't there a documentary about the Reddit sleuths who identified an innocent person they thought was the perp of the Boston bombing? I remember that day on Reddit, was insane.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-64647967

Lancashire Police have conducted their latest press conference on Nicola Bulley's disappearance.

They acknowledged criticism of the police investigation, but said they wanted to give greater detail into what officers have been doing in the 19 days since she vanished. Here's what we learned.

High-risk: Det Supt Becky Smith said Bulley was graded as "high-risk" based on a number of specific "individual vulnerabilities" police were told about by her partner Paul Ansell. Smith refused to give further details out of respect for Bulley's family.

The glove: Addressing a report in the Sun, Smith said a glove had been recovered but it was not relevant to the investigation. She said social media sleuths had distracted the investigation and been hurtful for Bulley's family.

River hypothesis: Smith said her working hypothesis remains that the likelihood is Bulley went "into the river". But she stressed she can't be certain that is what happened as the investigation's live and there's always new information coming in.

The field: Police stressed that there has been no information to suggest a third-party was involved, or that Bulley left the field where her phone was found on a bench.

Derelict house: Smith confirmed a derelict house near the River Wyre has been searched three times and Bulley was not there.

Bulley's dog: Asked if it was significant that Bulley's dog was running between the bench and the gate - not the bench and the water's edge - police said they couldn't speak to the dog and all they could say is that the dog, Willow, was running back and forth in the area where Bulley's possessions were found.

Social media activity: Smith said police are doing "further work" on Bulley's social media accounts. This might mean Bulley will show up as online on those accounts, but police have full control of Bulley's phone and it will be them, not anyone else, using the accounts.

I feel for the police on this one. Regardless of whether they've made every decision right, they've got internet nutters looking over their shoulders, trying to turn a poor woman's potential death into an interactive murder mystery, all in the name of entertainment. It's grotesque. And, to be quite honest, the noises from the people surrounding her haven't helped. The "individual vulnerabilities' referred to above will perhaps become clearer in the fullness of time, but I suspect they are referring to mental health/depression issues, or something in that realm, in which case, the hypothesis that she is in the water would be even more logical.

I feel for the police on this one. Regardless of whether they've made every decision right, they've got internet nutters looking over their shoulders, trying to turn a poor woman's potential death into an interactive murder mystery, all in the name of entertainment. It's grotesque. And, to be quite honest, the noises from the people surrounding her haven't helped. The "individual vulnerabilities' referred to above will perhaps become clearer in the fullness of times, but I suspect they are referring to mental health/depression issues, or something in that realm, in which case, the hypothesis that she is in the water would be even more logical.
Very Black Mirror