Milan Škriniar

I like this beast of CB more than Varane.

I would swap Maguire with Milan Škriniar if I was United manager and DOF. And if it was so easily.

Bissaka - Skriniar - Varane - Shaw. A much closer defend and back line to premier league title.

Maguire has been always knows for really slow acceleration/top speed in the first metres. It has and will cost United more points in the future. Everyone knows Maguire weakness.

Straight swap deal with Maguire to Inter.

Skriniar doesnt has the top accleration too. But he is a beast of CB, aggresive, tough and hard to meet.

Heard and read United bid for him before Maguire and Ole time. Could be the difference. Art to defend come first. And Skriniar has around 90% with passing. More and good enough with the ball as CB.

The ideal and type of CB United need. Steel, aggressive and hard to meet = beast

I would swap Maguire with Milan Škriniar if I was United manager and DOF. And if it was so easily.

Bissaka - Skriniar - Varane - Shaw. A much closer defend and back line to premier league title.

Maguire has been always knows for really slow acceleration/top speed in the first metres. It has and will cost United more points in the future. Everyone knows Maguire weakness.

Skriniar doesnt has the top accleration too. But he is a beast of CB, aggresive, tough and hard to meet.

Heard and read United bid for him before Maguire and Ole time. Could be the difference. Art to defend come first. And Skriniar has around 90% with passing. More and good enough with the ball as CB.

The ideal and type of CB United need. Steel, aggressive and hard to meet = beast
Bolded - give examples then? I appreciate there are memes of him being slow and outpaced but how many times has that actually directly led to a goal?

And while I understand it's fashionable to slate everything Maguire does, lets not pretend Skriniar is anywhere near his level regards playing the ball out, don't get me wrong he is much better than he used to be but he's not there yet.

Third thing, very very minor point, what on earth makes you think either club would want to do a straight swap?

Third thing, very very minor point, what on earth makes you think either club would want to do a straight swap?

There can’t be a straight swap. Maguire has nothing to offer Inter that they can’t get from a cheaper and better alternative. De Vrij takes half the wages and is better at almost everything.

But if United can somehow get rid of Maguire and buy a new defender, Skriniar would be a great choice. He is valued at around € 65M. That’s circa 30 M less than what Olé spent on the useless captain.

Bissaka, Skriniar ,Varane in a backline and a title . On to the next joke.

I m still finding some another CB to challenge this man up.

Škriniar vs ?..........I am think one of the young and upcoming Ajax CBs. Not sure yet. There are few there. With natural beast mode and genres.

Beast vs Beast

Škriniar vs ?..........I am think one of the young and upcoming Ajax CBs. Not sure yet. There are few there. With natural beast mode and genres.

Beast vs Beast

Maguire. United DNA and all

Beast vs Beast
Romero

I didn't watch the match but was he really that good?

Highlights showed that Liverpool were hitting every cross bar and post on the pitch.

If you play example the super aggresive and really good with the ball CB in Ajax Martinez. It will be so hard to pass those 2

Skriniar & Martinez (Ajax = really high winning and fighting mentality )

I am consider between Timber or Martinez. Check theirs.

+ Jurrien Timber :
In champion league : AvgP 61 . PS % 93. In league : AvgP: 81. PS % = 92

+ Lisandro Martínez : In ch.league : AvgP 82 passes crazy : pS % 92,9 . Av longpasses = 4-5 passes

Since Martinez is left foot. I would might pick him to partner Skriniar:

Bissaka - Skriniar - Martinez - Shaw

But i just discovered those 2 young CBs from Ajax. So i m still not sure who i will. If the option is only of them. Timber or Martinez. Timber is more of a runner with the ball CB. Compare to Martinez who have the long passes in his game.

If only i will not pick Skriniar. Then only be for Timber & Martinez CB partnership.

Both upcoming, promising and definitely keep close eyes on. And if Ten Hag will end up as United manager this summer. Then i think the chance to get them are higher. Special Martinez. I think and feel he is a winner. His aggresiveness and fighting mentality. Really high. A beast in the making.

I am afraid United need more than Skriniar to come back to the top. Special at 27 and Liverpool and City on theirs peak golden era and generation. United have so many positions to strength.

Liverpool Van Dijk and Salah both 30 and City Kevin De Bruyne at 30. And those 3 players might have 3 years at the top of theirs level and mountain.

Both United CBs Maguire and Varane at 28 and 29. I am not sure United will win anything big trophies with those 2 as CB duo. Against the peak and golden era. So Skriniar is at 27. When the golden era to Liverpool and City to weak up and level down a bit. Then its the timing for others clubs like Newcastle and United. To get the best upcoming players around 22 -25 ages. To taking over Liverpool and City domination. Others clubs shall stop those 2 clubs rebuilding process. Its all about to the get the best upcoming players. Future world class players. Reason why Skriniar. Even with him. It will be so difficult to overcome Liverpool and City in the next 3 years.

But Lisandro Martinez at 24 right now. This boy hate to loose so badly. He was close to loose his temper and control against Benfica. Was stopping by his head coach Ten Hag.
Lisandro has average 4-5 success long passes each games and average over 80 touches and with over 90 % complete passes.
Lisandro is a natural leader. I can see and he oze it. And with his precise and skill ful left foot.
Adding with a super quick RW in Raphinha on the right side. The relation, connection and build up attack, one way. A diagonal fast counting attack long pass. From Lisandro to Raphinha. Can be a dangerous weapon and one way to score and create chances. Like this in 442 :

Bissaka - Varane - Martinez - Shaw + Raphinha - Bruno - McFred - Sancho + Rashford - Ronaldo

Martinez trought ball to Rashford or Raphinha. The double Ra upfront.

And Martinez is really good to dictate and spread the pass around. And has ability to run with the ball forward too. Average over 80 passes each games in all competition and complete passes over 90. Its Van Dijk level when it come to touch, dicate and precises of is short and long passes.

Conclusion. Right now. If i only can choose one of Skriniar and Lisandro Martinez. I think i would go for a upcoming CB at the age of 24. A natural leader and a dictate of a CB.

My ideally CB duo right now are Skriniar & Martinez. And a complete and ideal back line up.

Dumfries, Inter, 25 - Skriniar, Inter 27 - L.Martinez. Ajax 24 - Robin Gosens, Inter on loan from Atalanta, 27.

Yeah that back line of those 4. All at really high level right now. Physical strong and decent with the ball. Both Dumfries and Gosens have goals in the games from offensive full back positions. And with 2 beast of CBs in the middle. Its in a dream and ideal world.

If i want to go for a new RB, LC or CBs. Those 4 are options i first will go after.

I enjoyed reading LuckyScout78's post and hope to read more from him.

According to l'Equipe (french media), United is trying to snatch Skriniar (from PSG according to transfer rumors).

Don't see this being the position you guys spend your money on. Isn't the CB coverage adequate enough with Martinez/Varane/Maguire/Lindelöf, and Shaw and McTominay being able to play there if all of the other ones are injured?

Don't see this being the position you guys spend your money on. Isn't the CB coverage adequate enough with Martinez/Varane/Maguire/Lindelöf, and Shaw and McTominay being able to play there if all of the other ones are injured?
Varane probably can't stay fit all season, Maguire and Lindelof aren't good enough, maybe Lindelof is good enough to be 4th choice, Maguire is too expensive and has the whole captain baggage so needs to be gotten rid of. Shaw is a makeshift CB tbh, does the job well enough but he's still our LB. McTominay is hot garbage and will likely be gone this summer.

Yep. I highly doubt this has any legs.

Maguire will probably leave in the summer, but Lindelof will stick around as Varane's cover on the right and Shaw has shown he can move into the centre to act as Martinez's cover on the left.

If the rest of our team was solid then it might make sense seeing as Varane is somewhat injury prone, but we've got far too many other positions that need either a first choice or at least cover. Central defence, left back and left wing are the three spots we don't really need to look at.