View full 2015-16 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Done more than Lingard in his brief cameo, which admittedly isn't saying much. Was the right sub to make, but he should have played on the right, with Martial on the left.

I thought he was positive. Anyone blaming him for our poor showing in the second half are insane.
It really seems that he cant get out of the narrative now. You can say he's wank or a fraud, but not because of this display, way better than his previous matches.
Aye it's irrelevant now, the caftards can't be objective about his performances.

Why on earth did LVG sacrifice our best attacking player to accommodate this numpty?

Sunderland's weak spot was down that left flank too.
Didn't understand why he did this either. Depay did manage to create more than Martial though after he came on, probably because a bit more focus got shifted to the right with Martial but nonetheless, he did okay. Visibly lacking confidence though which is not a great thing for an attacker.

Is this lad just suffering from lack of form and confidence plus hes still adapting to new country league and club, or is he just another hyped up over rated youngster from Holland?
Well, scored 2 goals, 1 assist at the WC and named the 2nd best talent there, scored a couple times in Europe as well. Somewhere in between probably.

This guy has his confident levels on negative.

Why the feck lvg risk him on games like the last or this one.

He needs his confidence reconstructed from scratch, but instead this fecker (lvg) throws him to the pitch when pressure is way too high.

Thing is, despite him being shit today, he still young and needs more time, and a new manager obviously.

He has been worse, but today I expected nothing when he came on and he fulfilled that expectation. He had multiple chance to score a goal (Jackson cross and When Martial cut the ball back to him), but his attempt at goal was lifeless in both. This is not the Depay that I saw dazzle for Netherlands last year and at the moment, he looks short on confidence.
That chance of Jackson was really poor, but he created a chance for Mata, created that chance for himself which was a good attempt, and his attempt for Mata got blocked by an elbow, not sure if it was going in. But that must be wank, I suppose. It was no great performance but it's so typical that he get called out for that display, while realistically it was nothing worse (I'd say slightly better than the others).

Was he actually a good finisher before he came or was that a myth?

It was a mixed bag at best Ivaldo. He was OK going forward and got into some decent scoring chances but there was still the lazy and slack play that makes him a luxury player we can't afford.
Oh I agree he wasn't spectacular by any means, there were far worse players on the pitch that drew less attention though.

1 of 4 players who were better then shit, CBJ, Blind & Martial being the other 3, made things happen set up a good chance for Mata who forgot his scoring boots also had a couple of half chances he made for him self

This guy has his confident levels on negative.

Why the feck lvg risk him on games like the last or this one.

He needs his confidence reconstructed from scratch, but instead this fecker (lvg) throws him to the pitch when pressure is way too high.

Thing is, despite him being shit today, he still young and needs more time, and a new manager obviously.
He was still getting into the right places to get chances, all it might have taken was a bit of luck and his confidence could have come back. It just shows how our squad has been mishandled to the point where we don't seem to have taken into account he is only 22 and not ready to be replied upon.

It's actually sad watching Memphis try to maintain his brash and confident demeanour while trudging through the monstrous shower of shite he continues to leave in his wake.

I definitely am worried about how little he has shown since he joined us. He just seems so limited, and not particularly good at anything.

I'm not writing him off though. Hoping it's just a patch of bad form and low confidence. We'll see how he goes next year with (hopefully) a new manager and a more functioning attack.

If Mourinho comes, he better step up in terms of energy and fighting because he'll spend a long time on the bench otherwise.

Mou doesn't do luxury players. He prefers hard working donkeys to a Depay type player.

I definitely am worried about how little he has shown since he joined us. He just seems so limited, and not particularly good at anything.

I'm not writing him off though. Hoping it's just a patch of bad form and low confidence. We'll see how he goes next year with (hopefully) a new manager and a more functioning attack.

He is good at cutting inside and shooting with his right foot to be fair.

Any better than Zaha or Nani? I'm regretting we didn't make more of an effort with Di Maria tbh.

Rooney had 1 shot. A 25 yard miss.
Lingard had 0.
Memphis had 4. 2 blocked and 2 on target.

Context.

He wasn't half as bad as some of the comments in here are saying. Yes he could have done more/better in certain circumstances but he was not alone in that either. Too much piñata bashing going on in this thread right now for me, personally.

Really wasn't bad today, but everyone is getting pelters. Even Smalling and De Gea, our best players all season long.

Some soft finishing, but he was making things happen, something nobody else was really doing today. He made a brain fart with one pass in particular but it was far from his worse game.

Mou doesn't do luxury players. He prefers hard working donkeys to a Depay type player.

It only depends if the flair player wants to work hard or not. Look at the likes of Hazard, Ozil and even Benzema (who he criticized heavily before he adapted), they thrived under him most of the time. If Depay displays this attitude, he'll get benched and then sold.

Rooney had 1 shot. A 25 yard miss.
Lingard had 0.
Memphis had 4. 2 blocked and 2 on target.

Context.

He wasn't half as bad as some of the comments in here are saying. Yes he could have done more/better in certain circumstances but he was not alone in that either. Too much piñata bashing going on in this thread right now for me, personally.

Why are you pretending to be opta?

Don't think he could have given more than he did today. He has a lot to learn as a player though, this is not about confidence.

It was wrong of LVG to switch Martial over to the right, but Depay did OK. At least he tried to make things happen. He looked a bit quicker today - Yedlin is a rocket, according to Rio, and Depay didn't look slower.

Thought he was okay today... Did at least more than Lingard and Rooney together... Martial was maybe our best attacking player. Didn't do much tho other than the goal.

He is much younger and could be!

Nani was our best player in a title winning campaign. Depay has a long long way to go to match that. Do you think Depay has enough to his game anyway? It seems to me that he is a one trick pony. Nani was two footed, could go past a man with speed or skill, was a very good crosser of the ball and could score from range.

Any better than Zaha or Nani? I'm regretting we didn't make more of an effort with Di Maria tbh.
Not even close to Nani. Still dirty we sold him, especially since it's the right wing (ie. the side he was always more consistent on, but rarely got to actually play on) that is open for somebody to stake a claim on.

Even on Nani's bad days, he still consistently created our best clear cut goal scoring chances every match.

Of course, I am a self-confessed Nani fan. He'll always be a massive 'what if' from me, as I reckon we mis-used him significantly and both parties are the worse for it.

Nani was our best player in a title winning campaign. Depay has a long long way to go to match that. Do you think Depay has enough to his game anyway? It seems to me that he is a one trick pony. Nani was two footed, could go past a man with speed or skill, was a very good crosser of the ball and could score from range.

Nani was here for around 8 seasons and was good for about 18 months max. Depay is not at that level yet but he's not even been here a season in a struggling team in a new country.

He needs time.

In another universe he'd have Gary Neville behind him covering up for him or Roy Keane in his ear.

I think he can develop into a good player. My only worry is that the standards have slipped, and the characters are missing to bring along a player like Depay.

Giggs, Rooney and Carrick have their own troubles..

Not a great performance from him, but not crap either. Hard to beat him with a stick over this game, as really he was one of the few players actually looking like they wanted to push forward and score. While he wasn't brilliant, he did more than Lingard did while he was on and there was no other real options on the bench to bring on with us chasing the game.

I think we really need him to get a goal soon. That way he can pick his head up a bit and start playing with a bit more confidence. You can tell from watching him that he is second guessing himself a lot of the time, or things are just not quite working for him. With this season wasted already, I wouldn't mind to much if we played Depay over Lingard for the rest of the season just to see if we can him to show some form like he had for PSV.

Status
Not open for further replies.