View full 2015-16 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
You see what a bit of positivity does Louis?

That run he did to win the penalty was great and he showed a real determination to make an attacking contribution as soon as he came on.

Under Fergie you'd bank on him becoming a genuine star.

He showed some fight today, though it was Sheffield and they were tiring. The same can't be said for some of the more senior players.

sometimes he feels like Sanchez a bit strongly built little palyer who has brst of pace if he wants but he looks half the Chilean energy, he did good today but far from convincing, wonder what's his next game will be, is he gonna try too hard next game or will he paly more freely and look like he doesn't give a feck which almost felt like it today, despite that he was able to release a couple of shits and winning the penalty so I guess there is plenty of space for improvement

Read what you've posted. He had the keeper scrambling... I guess it's progress.
I know what I posted. Would you much rather prefer the shot being aimed directly at the keeper ? Or skied into the top tier ? I'm no expert, but those kind of shots are what I would normally label as 'Crap'.

I know what I posted. Would you much rather prefer the shot being aimed directly at the keeper ? Or skied into the top tier ? I'm no expert, but those kind of shots are what I would normally label as 'Crap'.

Neither was on target. Who cares if he had the keeper scrambling? And yes, what's the difference between him shooting wide and shooting into row Z? Don't get me wrong, I thought he was quite decent, but those shots weren't great.

Neither was on target. Who cares if he had the keeper scrambling? And yes, what's the difference between him shooting wide and shooting into row Z? Don't get me wrong, I thought he was quite decent, but those shots weren't great.
I felt they were decent attempts, he really put his laces through it and for just a small millisecond, I thought it might just go in of the post.

It was a dive and a foul apparently...

Football journalism is the biggest joke. Clueless twats getting paid to go to games and write nonsense.

I felt they were decent attempts, he really put his laces through it and for just a small millisecond, I thought it might just go in of the post.

I think the overall shitness of the entire team makes those shots actually look like rays of positivity.

Good on him, did nothing great but was still the difference in the end.

LvG might have something to say about his speculative shots from range though...

He has the ability to beat a man yet he chooses to cut in almost all the time. He needs to improve on these aspects to get better

Still not convinced his attitude is right. He even came across as too cool to warm up.

Looks a little leaner than before and a bit quicker off the mark. Seems more likely to win one on ones at the minute, and he did well to win the penalty.
I think that's more to do with the fact that he had space to run into. In the PL, whenever he gets the ball, its from a standing position.

Even before the run which earned penalty, he was my MoM. Tells a lot about overall display that but it was nice to see that he at least had intention to create/do something. Won't be a bad idea to give him a start next game.

sometimes he feels like Sanchez a bit strongly built little palyer who has brst of pace if he wants but he looks half the Chilean energy, he did good today but far from convincing, wonder what's his next game will be, is he gonna try too hard next game or will he paly more freely and look like he doesn't give a feck which almost felt like it today, despite that he was able to release a couple of shits and winning the penalty so I guess there is plenty of space for improvement
What did he do?:eek:

I think that's more to do with the fact that he had space to run into. In the PL, whenever he gets the ball, its from a standing position.

He didn't really have the space through. No more than he gets in a PL game. They sat so deep, and whenever the ball went out wide, 3 of them would push towards him or Martial. There was no room to run behind. No PL team will defend as deep as that. He should be getting more space in regular league games. even when he did pick the ball up in standing positions, he was looking a little more agile when cutting in or going around the outside. I don't think he looks as big as he did a few months ago.

He didn't really have the space through. No more than he gets in a PL game. They sat so deep, and whenever the ball went out wide, 3 of them would push towards him or Martial. There was no room to run behind. No PL team will defend as deep as that. He should be getting more space in regular league games. even when he did pick the ball up in standing positions, he was looking a little more agile when cutting in or going around the outside. I don't think he looks as big as he did a few months ago.
Actually, in the PL games, whenever he gets the ball, he is almost immediately double teamed. I didn't see that here. Neither him nor Memphis were given that level of attention. I remember in the first half Martial just kept taking the ball forward and forward from the left wing and the defenders just kept taking a step back and back and were standing off him. Same thing happened with Memphis on 1 or two ocassions.

Football journalism is the biggest joke. Clueless twats getting paid to go to games and write nonsense.
I agree with them to be honest, it was a penalty but he obviously made a meal of it, very overly dramatic.

He did well when he came on though, only one that looked a threat and good work for the penalty.

Actually, in the PL games, whenever he gets the ball, he is almost immediately double teamed. I didn't see that here. Neither him nor Memphis were given that level of attention. I remember in the first half Martial just kept taking the ball forward and forward from the left wing and the defenders just kept taking a step back and back and were standing off him. Same thing happened with Memphis on 1 or two ocassions.

There was numerous occasions where 3 men would smother both Martial and Memphis when they were on the left. The two long range shots he took were the cause of 2 or 3 coming at Memphis quickly and not letting him go down the wing, and he had to make a large pivot to cut inside. Martial as well was rarely given space to make those direct runs into the box he so often does. Numerous times he was blocked off outside the box or right on the touchline, and quite rightly. Those runs are when Martial makes mincemeat of his opposite number. They'd have been daft to let him do that.

Fairly obvious those two never played football then and don't know that sort of tackle is actually painful even if you wear shin guards.

There was numerous occasions where 3 men would smother both Martial and Memphis when they were on the left. The two long range shots he took were the cause of 2 or 3 coming at Memphis quickly and not letting him go down the wing, and he had to make a large pivot to cut inside. Martial as well was rarely given space to make those direct runs into the box he so often does. Numerous times he was blocked off outside the box or right on the touchline, and quite rightly. Those runs are when Martial makes mincemeat of his opposite number. They'd have been daft to let him do that.
yeah, the Memphis shots were when he was marked by 2-3 players. on that left side. But he was pretty much direct with his running the other times. He was always quickly released by either CBJ or BFS with some space to make use of. Let's see if you are right, we'll find out soon enough anyway. I just have a feeling it will be more of the same if he starts the game.

yeah, the Memphis shots were when he was marked by 2-3 players. on that left side. But he was pretty much direct with his running the other times. He was always quickly released by either CBJ or BFS with some space to make use of. Let's see if you are right, we'll find out soon enough anyway. I just have a feeling it will be more of the same if he starts the game.

It possibly will be more of the same, as his decision making is hot and cold. I do think he looks a little more nimble recently though. Earlier in the season, he looked like he was about to burst out of his shirt.

Did well. Looks dangerous and actually took shots on goal. Won us the match. Hopefully he gains confidence from this.

He did over exaggerate slightly but every footballer on the planet would have reacted the same. Hardly criticism worthy from the twitter twats. It was clearly a foul.

He has been playing quite tense since arriving so I imagine that'll go some way to seeing some more relaxed performances from him in the future.

Last edited:
His first season (only just half way) in a new country for a new club that hardly has movement. As ive said before, some of the criticism for him has been harsh especially as hes still young. Theres no way he should have played as much as he did early in the season (and it drained him mentally and physically).

He should be rotating with Young tbh on the left hand side (and Maybe Martial in tough away matches of European matches).

He will probably be frustrating the next match, but at least he continues to try stuff. Glad he was positive today, what pace and urgency on a wing can do.

Was decent today. I really want to see him play more.

He's young and he will have games where he is utterly awful... but I'd like to see us persevere with him and give him the chance to learn because he has such huge potential.

He shouldn't have to worry that he will be confined to the bench if he has an off day... let him and the other young players express themselves without fear.

How did he make a meal out of it?! These journos talk utter shite. The only player out there who looked like he actually wanted to score a goal, he probably deserved to take the penalty for his efforts.

Very good when he came on today. Almost definitely pissed off Van Gaal because he took the ball and ran at defenders with it and tried to make things happen, or had a shot from range. He's unlucky with the circumstances that he came here I think. Normally, he would have came here like how Nani came back in 2007. Potential, at a decent level, but won't be starting every week, and have a world class player to look up to and take the pressure off you so you can develop normally. We don't have that and worst of all, the style doesn't help any of our players, especially not one like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.