Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say this doesn’t happen and Barca get a 19 year old on astronomical wages. Then say he is an incredible success. What did we learn from the past years of bad transfer choices?

Nowt.
Fixed it for you.

His agent must be so excited every new email

Ed is panicking and just throwing money at this now with the glimmer of hope we can land another 'big' transfer

So if United and City are not the race, then who is Barca having this 'race' with? Themselves?
I really don't understand why there's a delay of Barca are the only club interested and if De Ligt is crazy about going to Barca.

The only explanation is they are using our name in negotiations. But we have or at least the British media have ruled out our interest and Barca have come out and said they won't meet the demands. So who exactly is De Ligt and his agent trying to con here? It's like a game of cards with everyone knowing what other's cards are

I find it very hard to believe that no other club is involved in this transfer, especially United. He's everything we are looking for and we have never had a problem with throwing money at players. But somehow, this time we are just standing by and letting one club have a race with themselves, in fact not just us, every other club in the world is

Starting to think this is a war between Barca and De Ligt camp. One side saying they won't sign him unless he lowers his demands and the other side saying he won't sign unless they increase their offer. With Raiola involved, this won't end well for Barcelona.

So if United and City are not the race, then who is Barca having this 'race' with? Themselves?
I really don't understand why there's a delay of Barca are the only club interested and if De Ligt is crazy about going to Barca.

The only explanation is they are using our name in negotiations. But we have or at least the British media have ruled out our interest and Barca have come out and said they won't meet the demands. So who exactly is De Ligt and his agent trying to con here? It's like a game of cards with everyone knowing what other's cards are

I find it very hard to believe that no other club is involved in this transfer, especially United. He's everything we are looking for and we have never had a problem with throwing money at players. But somehow, this time we are just standing by and letting one club have a race with themselves, in fact not just us, every other club in the world is
Yesterday Oriol Domenech who's thought to be the most reliable journalist for Barca said that Utd are interested and have made a offer. Today there were reports over the Catalan radio that Barca won't be upping their offer for De Ligt as they're not gonna mess up their wage structure. I think it's quite clear that we have made an offer, whether he comes here or not is a different story. But at this stage it's foolish to believe we aren't interested or haven't made an offer.

Yesterday Oriol Domenech who's thought to be the most reliable journalist for Barca said that Utd are interested and have made a offer. Today there were reports over the Catalan radio that Barca won't be upping their offer for De Ligt as they're not gonna mess up their wage structure. I think it's quite clear that we have made an offer, whether he comes here or not is a different story. But at this stage it's foolish to believe we aren't interested or haven't made an offer.

Didn't Domenech also say De Ligt is crazy for Barcelona too? Ultimately if he wants to go there, that's where he'll go. I wonder whether this is actually the case or not.

Didn't Domenech also say De Ligt is crazy for Barcelona too? Ultimately if he wants to go there, that's where he'll go. I wonder whether this is actually the case or not.
He may well go there and may also be crazy for them but I don't for a second believe that we aren't interested in him. De Ligt himself said he'll make a decision after the Nation's league, a decision would imply that he has more than one offer on the table since Ajax have already said he'll be leaving, so it's not a decision to stay or to go. People making it sound like we aren't interested at all are deluding themselves, we likely won't get him but we are in for him.

Of course if he wants to go there he'll go, but if he desperately wanted to go there, as much as the media is making out he does, then he'd have signed a contract a while ago.
He's a young lad, if, and i emphasise the IF, United have made an obscene offer to him, he'd be stupid not to seriously consider it. It may be the biggest wage he'll get in his playing career, and the competition at Barca is insane too, whereas at United, he's guaranteed to play week in and week out. All that must be crossing his mind.

D7rXMggUwAAko4d

It’s over.

I never understand why CL comes into the equation. It’s 1 year he’s missing (we hope) that’s not going to effect him.

Imagine being "forced" to move to a club and get paid 350k/week. I hope one day I am "forced" to a football club.

Mike Verweij is meant to be extremely reliable so I'd believe him most at the moment.

“It would be sad if De Ligt is forced to go to a club he doesn’t want to go to”.

Haha feck off, he’s not being forced to do anything! This all still seems like Barca briefings.

Who gives a dusty feck how we pay him. It’s not coming out of my salary. Get the lad on the plane and bringing him from wherever the hell he is.

That is just not very intelligent thing to do considering that it is not coming from your salary. The fact that we don't have infinite amount of money makes it insane. You don't mind us paying Sanchez 400k? You like to pay Lingard over 100k and then hear the board low balling with transfer budgets? LETS PAY EVERYBODY OVER THE ODDS, that is a way to success.

So we have made an offer then. I'm sure he won't go to PSG, he seems smarter than that. All our eggs seem to be in the Riaola basket then. Let's see if he can pull it off for us.
Hang on, was PSG and Madrid ever mentioned? I know Juventus may have been, and Bayern too, but i don't remember Madrid and PSG being mentioned? Although i'm probably very likely wrong there

Mike Verweij is meant to be extremely reliable so I'd believe him most at the moment.
It makes sense what he's saying. Essentially we, PSG and Barca have all made offers and now it's up to the player to decide.

Assuming his end goal is Barca. If his choice is move to Barca now and then be tied into their strict wage structure or move there in a few years but come in at the top end, I know what I would choose.

He should go Juve, Bayern or somewhere like PSG to get guaranteed CL and also league titles and then move across after a ~3 year contract. We don't offer any of the aforementioned positives, so we're just throwing money at him.

It makes sense what he's saying. Essentially we, PSG and Barca have all made offers and now it's up to the player to decide.

Yep. His point about us being a mistake is just his own opinion, which is fair enough. We are a big risk in terms of guaranteeing future Champions League football for a top player like De Ligt.

Hang on, was PSG and Madrid ever mentioned? I know Juventus may have been, and Bayern too, but i don't remember Madrid and PSG being mentioned? Although i'm probably very likely wrong there
PSG might have been mentioned at the earlier stages but not Real. But it's not a surprise that pretty much every big club would make an offer at least. It's for the player to choose

Yep. His point about us being a mistake is just his own opinion, which is fair enough. We are a big risk in terms of guaranteeing future Champions League football for a top player like De Ligt.
Indeed. So looks like the saga continues.:boring:

Valentijn Driessen is an Ajax watcher that didn't bother go to to Madrid, because it was all lost anyway. So i can relate with that first comment. Mike Verweij is often quickest when deals are done. But only when they are done. He's not that good when it comes to rumors.

He is definitely joining us.

None of these pretentious fecks can handle that their golden boy might actually like the rough and tumble of the Premier League over their pretty keep-your-ball-and-nuts-on-the-ground football in Spain. It's even more beautiful seeing their disbelief that he might go to a non Champions League side, instead of the illustrious PSG or fabled Barcelona, both of whom have shown the world how to well and truly lose a knockout tie in spectacular fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.