Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic | Factual updates only

red.knight

So you are another poster who won't answer direct questions but ask them instead. Just what the forum and this shit show could do without.

I have no need for such strategic evasion so I will answer.

Within the law, yes, of course. Racism is one of the obvious no go areas.
Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore your questions. In general, I don’t think we should be policing what players say on the football pitch at the heat of the moment with few exceptions such as racism, anti-Semitism, homophobic slurs etc. As for your question about my IQ, never take IQ test but as someone who speaks and understands many languages (English is my 5th language) and as a pediatrician who spent over 10 years with UN in humanitarian aid in middle east, Asia and Africa, I am confident that I have a fairly high IQ.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore your questions. In general, I don’t think we should be policing what players say on the football pitch at the heat of the moment with few exceptions such as racism, anti-Semitism, homophobic slurs etc. As for your question about my IQ, never take IQ test but as someone who speaks and understands many languages (English is my 5th language) and as a pediatrician who spent over 10 years with UN in humanitarian aid in middle east, Asia and Africa, I am confident that I have a fairly high IQ.
OK so why do you think what Bellingham said was unacceptable? It's not very nice admittedly.

Yes, you probably do have a good IQ. And a cracking CV!

Still no reason to insult Jude's because insulted a player you like.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Didn't that used to come under Unsporting Behaviour? Used to happen a bit at junior level.
I don't think so. The FA ban John Terry got was officially for "using abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Queens Park Rangers’ Anton Ferdinand".

Unsporting behaviour (I think) is more your diving, fecking with the penalty spot or time-wasting.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I don't think so. The FA ban John Terry got was officially for "using abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Queens Park Rangers’ Anton Ferdinand".

Unsporting behaviour (I think) is more your diving, fecking with the penalty spot or time-wasting.
Right. I may be imagining that I'm older than I am but I think it was called 'Ungentlemanly Conduct' at one point.

Spark

"using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or action(s)" is a red card offence. Calling someone a rapist is obviously about as insulting as it gets.

That law rarely gets enforced unless it's directed to a ref though.

Also slander is illegal but I can't see how any footballing authority could charge someone for that.
Fair enough, but surely Getafe aren’t going off that social media clip? Bellingham mumbles something, sort of looks like he said rapist but then I reckon it’s just people assuming it’s that because Greenwood is famous for being accused of rape. There was also zero reaction (unless I missed it) from Greenwood or any Getafe person…

Had it been a random footballer I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid, yet alone stretch to thinking he said “rapist”.

Anyway besides the point, nothing to see here in my honest opinion. Footballers must call each other all sorts during a game.

Also don’t think Greenwood could defend a case of slander, at least in the UK.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Fair enough, but surely Getafe aren’t going off that social media clip? Bellingham mumbles something, sort of looks like he said rapist but then I reckon it’s just people assuming it’s that because Greenwood is famous for being accused of rape. There was also zero reaction (unless I missed it) from Greenwood or any Getafe person…

Had it been a random footballer I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid, yet alone stretch to thinking he said “rapist”.

Anyway besides the point, nothing to see here in my honest opinion. Footballers must call each other all sorts during a game.

Ah it's a nothing incident.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Yeah, I’d be surprised if anything comes of this. Unless of course Bellingham admits it, which i doubt he would do.

red.knight

OK so why do you think what Bellingham said was unacceptable? It's not very nice admittedly.

Yes, you probably do have a good IQ. And a cracking CV!

Still no reason to insult Jude's because insulted a player you like.
I have never intended to insult Bellingham but didn't really need to be said (if true). Pretty stupid of Bellingham in my opinion if he’s really tossing that type of insult.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I don't get your point.

What's the St Bellingham about? It's childish and doesn't help.
It’s easy to kick a dog when it’s down and Bellingham had no need for it other than to see it as cheap way to put some more shine on his own name.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
You bang your head?
Cristiano Ronaldo has been accused of rape.

Mason Greenwood hasn’t.

Hope this helps.

Ronaldo has paid off the alleged victim who has insisted for years he raped her and he has seemingly admitted so himself in email details.

Greenwood’s case didn’t include an accusation of rape and was dropped by the prosecution service.

Rhyme Animal

Are they not both alleged rapists?

Or is Mason just an alleged violent abuser?
No, they’re not.

Both very serious charges, but Greenwood hasn’t ever been accused of rape, whereas Ronaldo most definitely has. Ditto RvP.

The only place Greenwood has been decided to be a rapist is on Internet forums by people who know nothing about the case and seemingly don’t even know what he was even charged with.

Greenwood is (at the very least was) a rude, unpleasant, disrespectful bully imo, but he’s never even been accused of rape, let alone charged or found guilty of it.

Labelling him a rapist is literally libellous.

red.knight

No, they’re not.

Both very serious charges, but Greenwood hasn’t ever been accused of rape, whereas Ronaldo most definitely has. Ditto RvP.

The only place Greenwood has been decided to be a rapist is on Internet forums by people who know nothing about the case and seemingly don’t even know what he was even charged with.

Greenwood is (at the very least was) a rude, unpleasant, disrespectful bully imo, but he’s never even been accused of rape, let alone charged or found guilty of it.

Labelling him a rapist is literally libellous.
I think he was accused of attempted rape, no?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Cristiano Ronaldo has been accused of rape.

Mason Greenwood hasn’t.

Hope this helps.

Ronaldo has paid off the alleged victim who has insisted for years he raped her and he has seemingly admitted so himself in email details.

Greenwood’s case didn’t include an accusation of rape and was dropped by the prosecution service.
Yeah, he got accused of attempted rape, controlling and coercive behaviour and assault occasioning actual bodily harm. You can't actually be serious saying it's libellous to call Greenwood a rapist then say all that about Ronaldo.

Rhyme Animal

Yeah, he got accused of attempted rape, controlling and coercive behaviour and assault occasioning actual bodily harm. You can't actually be serious saying it's libellous to call Greenwood a rapist then say all that about Ronaldo.
I’ve just stated the factual details of the Ronaldo case - he is an alleged rapist.

Read up on it if you aren’t aware and are actually truly bothered about these issues rather than just point scoring on an Internet forum against random strangers.

Greenwood isn’t an alleged rapist, and yeah, while he may well (or not) be an abusive twat, it is libellous to call him a rapist.

@red.knight

Attempted murder isn’t the same as murder.

You wouldn’t label someone who’d even been convicted of attempted murder a ‘murderer’, it would be nonsensical.

Let alone someone who was accused of attempted murder and then had the entire case dropped.

red.knight

Do you think it’s okay to call Greenwood a rapist? None of us were there or know the full context. He doesn't become guilty just because you say so. and depend on the laws where it occurred, it could be libel to call someone a rapist unless you have proof of the alleged crime. I hope this helps you sleep well tonight pal

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I’ve just stated the details of the Ronaldo case - he is an alleged rapist.

Read up on it if you aren’t aware and are actually truly bothered about these issues rather than point scoring on an Internet forum.

Greenwood isn’t an alleged rapist, and yeah, while he may well (or not) be an abusive twat, it is libellous to call him a rapist.

Attempted murder isn’t the same as murder.

@red.knight You wouldn’t label someone who’d even been convicted of attempted murder a ‘murderer’, it would be nonsensical.

Let alone someone who was accused of attempted murder and then had the entire case dropped.
I'm not the one point scoring? You're the one trying to point scoring by bringing up Ronaldo. If you know so much about the case, you know what the case was dismissed right? Seems a bit like trial by social media we all seem to bang on about here. Just for the record, couldn't care less if you called either of them it based on the information we know. I just don't see how it's any different when you have the exact same access to information in both cases.

Oh so your argument is semantics? Not actually about the severity of what either person did?

Do you think it’s okay to call Greenwood a rapist? None of us were there or know the full context. He doesn't become guilty just because you say so. and depend on the laws where it occurred, it could be libel to call someone a rapist unless you have proof of the alleged crime. I hope this helps you sleep well tonight pal
I don't care and wasn't the point I was making. So yeah, will sleep fine.

Rhyme Animal

I'm not the one point scoring? You're the one trying to point scoring by bringing up Ronaldo. If you know so much about the case, you know what the case was dismissed right? Seems a bit like trial by social media we all seem to bang on about here. Just for the record, couldn't care less if you called either of them it based on the information we know. I just don't see how it's any different when you have the exact same access to information in both cases.

Oh so your argument is semantics? Not actually about the severity of what either person did?

I don't care and wasn't the point I was making. So yeah, will sleep fine.
What each player is alleged to’ve done is different. I’m trying to help you to understand that.

Labelling Ronaldo ‘a rapist’ would indeed also be libellous, though he was at least actually accused of rape.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
I'll happily call both of them rapists and I'd like them to try and sue a private individual for saying it.

Civil cases are decided on balance of probabilities, so they could have the chance to prove themselves in civil court that I knew that they weren't rapists.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
What each player is alleged to’ve done is different. I’m trying to help you to understand that.

Labelling Ronaldo ‘a rapist’ would indeed also be libellous, though he was at least actually accused of rape.
I'm aware of what they are both alleged to have done. If you're really arguing the toss of having to say "attempted rapist", instead of "rapist" it's a fecking weak old argument you're pursuing and I think you've actually lost sight of the seriousness of the topic you're discussing. Especially when you read out the rest of his charge sheet.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'll happily call both of them rapists and I'd like them to try and sue a private individual for saying it.

Civil cases are decided on balance of probabilities, so they could have the chance to prove themselves in civil court that I knew that they weren't rapists.
I did think this, Greenwood could always sue Bellingham for this should he chose.

Rhyme Animal

I'm aware of what they are both alleged to have done. If you're really arguing the toss of having to say "attempted rapist", instead of "rapist" it's a fecking weak old argument you're pursuing and I think you've actually lost sight of the seriousness of the topic you're discussing. Especially when you read out the rest of his charge sheet.
See, for me you’re actually diminishing the issues with this, as well as the actual experiences - and voice - of the accusers.

Greenwood’s alleged victim IS NOT ALLEGING that she was raped, that was never an accusation, yet you’re deciding that she was.

I don’t think that’s right.

I think it’s dodgy for men (I’m presuming by your attitude on this that you’re a man, apologies if I’m wrong) online to be aggressively deciding what women have and haven’t experienced - lumping victims of alleged DV in with rape survivors as if ‘it’s all the same to me’, when it’s not. And it’s not for you to be making those generalisations.

I’m not saying that Greenwood’s a good guy, or that you shouldn’t sit at your computer calling him names if that’s what you want to do.

I’m just saying that it’s ridiculous and weird to label people with things they’ve not even been accused of. Like, isn’t DV serious enough? Can’t you just be happy calling him names accurate to the charges he had before they were dropped?

Alonso killed another person while drunk driving - let’s label him a serial killer!

It’s just silly, and it diminishes the actual issues that you’re supposedly bothered about. Issues - and accusations - that are serious enough as they are.

Member 128303

I can’t stand this. Sooner he’s booted out of the club the better. Let someone else deal with his shit
What can’t you stand? He’s out of the club. If you didn’t visit this thread I imagine you’d rarely hear of him. He’s clearly leaving in the summer anyway.

Bondi77

Jude having his Onana/Maguire moment :lol:
Love to see him say that to Mike Tyson or even Trump on a Real Madrid US tour....what a hero!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
See, for me you’re actually diminishing the issues with this, as well as the actual experiences - and voice - of the accusers.

Greenwood’s alleged victim IS NOT ALLEGING that she was raped, that was never an accusation, yet you’re deciding that she was.

I don’t think that’s right.

I think it’s dodgy for men (I’m presuming by your attitude on this that you’re a man, apologies if I’m wrong) online to be aggressively deciding what women have and haven’t experienced - lumping victims of alleged DV in with rape survivors as if ‘it’s all the same to me’, when it’s not. And it’s not for you to be making those generalisations.

I’m not saying that Greenwood’s a good guy, or that you shouldn’t sit at your computer calling him names if that’s what you want to do.

I’m just saying that it’s ridiculous and weird to label people with things they’ve not even been accused of. Like, isn’t DV serious enough? Can’t you just be happy calling him names accurate to the charges he had before they were dropped?

Alonso killed another person while drunk driving - let’s label him a serial killer!

It’s just silly, and it diminishes the actual issues that you’re supposedly bothered about. Issues - and accusations - that are serious enough as they are.
Well no, you're the one who just casually said "unlike Greenwood" and added zero context to what he's actually alleged to have done. That was why I originally highlighted that in your post.

I know... I've told you several times he was charged with attempted rape. How do you think the CPS originally came to the conclusion to charge him with that? I'm not deciding anything, that's what happened.

I am a man, but I have no idea what you are on about lumping everything together, he was accused of attempted rape. I'm not aggressively deciding anything, that's what the recording to me shows (just like the leaked emails for Ronaldo does).

Again, you seem to be completely disregarding he was accused of attempted rape - are you lumping that all in with DV? There's a word's difference between the label and I'm not sure how it makes the charge any better, especially when you read what that charge is.

I genuinely have no idea what point your trying to make with the Alonso comment.

If you go back to your original post I quoted and put it into context (paraphrasing) - Bellingham said he likes Ronaldo who was actually alleged to have raped someone. Unlike Greenwood, who was alleged to have attempted to rape, controlling and coercive behaviour and assault occasioning actual bodily harm. Seems a fecking weird point to make.

Anyway, that was my original issue with your post. I don't think there's much more to say considering you've failed to mention once he was accused of attempted rape in this discussion. I get your point, we should be clearer if calling him names.

Widow

They wouldn't have to prove that you knew, or that you didn't, though, that's not how defamation cases work.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
What can’t you stand? He’s out of the club. If you didn’t visit this thread I imagine you’d rarely hear of him. He’s clearly leaving in the summer anyway.
It’s my job to read all this crap so yeah I’ll visit this thread.

can’t wait for the summer

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It’s easy to kick a dog when it’s down and Bellingham had no need for it other than to see it as cheap way to put some more shine on his own name.
Ah yes, Bellingham who has been incredible since moving to Madrid felt the need to… put more shine on his own name.