Mason Greenwood | Officially a Marseille player

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did a poll and it was about 50/50, and this was at the peak of the coverage many months ago, which has since dissipated. Therefore, its probably still around that much if not a few more percentage points in favor him coming back based on watching his performances.
I know the pole results, what's happened since to change that is speculation, so half the fan base on Redcafe would have been a more suitable way to word it, 'A fraction of the fanbase' implys something completely different as you well know.

Not necessarily, no

Well that is incredibly stupid and doesn’t make sense.

Mason Greenwood has doctored evidence of him falsely accusing a woman - gets dropped by his sponsors and can’t play football for years and he never seems to think to say “this isn’t real”

No chance. They’re real. You just don’t care.

Are you serious? You think there's a chance the media that caused all this is fake and nobody bothered to mention that?
Depends who was involved and the consequences for them if it was admitted.

I'm not saying this is the case, nor the “out of context” possibility, but my point is - I don’t know, you don’t know so don’t judge.

I know the pole results, what's happened since to change that is speculation, so half the fan base on Redcafe would have been a more suitable way to word it, 'A fraction of the fanbase' implys something completely different as you well know.

The overall global fan base would be far more interested in him returning given that a vast majority of overseas fans seem more interested in the football aspect of him returning. As to the latter bit, a fraction of the fanbase would be accurate given that it would still be a fraction either way.

Depends who was involved and the consequences for them if it was admitted.

I'm not saying this is the case, nor the “out of context” possibility, but my point is - I don’t know, you don’t know so don’t judge.

Nonsense. You have no actual proof for most of what you know and believe. Yet you believe it based on data to hand.

So you saw and heard that media and decided you didn't have e ough to form an opinion? I call bullshit. Unless, you believe about 3 things.

If it's fake it's fake and you say so.

The kinda human who believes innocent before proven guilty in a court of law actually counts for something. As opposed to guilty because the public feels so. If you are super comfortable all England tried to canel him under such circumstances, thats up to you. Just know Not everyone sides with your ilk.

What's the general consensus about all of this in your area ? Do they want him back or sold ?

The overall global fan base would be far more interested in him returning given that a vast majority of overseas fans seem more interested in the football aspect of him returning. As to the latter bit, a fraction of the fanbase would be accurate given that it would still be a fraction either way.

Which is why I said 'implied'.

As for the rest of your post, again, purely speculation.

You lot are unbelievable, all because he can kick a football quite well.

Which is why I said 'implied'.

As for the rest of your post, again, purely speculation.

There's a slim chance fans in Asia, Africa, North America are obsessing about the moral angle of this story. That is largely a UK/British Isles phenomenon.

Don’t believe everything you see or hear. There are many ways that the images and audio may be fake and/or taken out of context. Of course this may also not be the case. Only people like Mason, his partner, family, the police / CPS would know the full story. We just don’t know enough to judge.

We’re back here again? This is like the stairs in Super Mario 64.

There's a slim chance fans in Asia, Africa, North America are obsessing about the moral angle of this story. That is largely a UK/British Isles phenomenon.
Unlike most in here I prefer to judge the evidence presented and then come to a reasonable conclusion from it, have you any evidence to back up this particular claim?

The kinda human who believes innocent before proven guilty in a court of law actually counts for something. As opposed to guilty because the public feels so. If you are super comfortable all England tried to canel him under such circumstances, thats up to you. Just know Not everyone sides with your ilk.
What does that have to do with Greenwood? It's how he supposed to be treated in a court case and he never went to court.
People might not look to 'cancel' him if there was an actual explanation for the images and audio that tells of no abuse. All we got was a "trust me" from the club.

Nonsense. You have no actual proof for most of what you know and believe. Yet you believe it based on data to hand.

So you saw and heard that media and decided you didn't have e ough to form an opinion? I call bullshit. Unless, you believe about 3 things.

If it's fake it's fake and you say so.
I’m not saying it’s fake and I don’t know or believe anything. That’s my whole point - we don’t have all the facts to know what really happened.

I’m not saying it’s fake and I don’t know or believe anything. That’s my whole point - we don’t have all the facts to know what really happened.

We very rarely have all the facts on any topic.

You have brought the idea its fake into the discussion based on nothing.

Yet you dismiss the evidence we have seen as nothing.

Odd way to organise data.

We’re back here again? This is like the stairs in Super Mario 64.
It's the one thing it 100% could not have been and yet it seems to pop up so much.
We'll probably get a "maybe it was a roleplay" soon as well.

We very rarely have all the facts on any topic.

You have brought the idea its fake into the discussion based on nothing.

Yet you dismiss the evidence we have seen as nothing.

Odd way to organise data.
I’m not dismissing the evidence as nothing. It may, of course, be as it seemed on the face of it.

The people who had all the available facts were the police and CPS - and they decided not to proceed. Why? I don’t know.

But we know enough. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

You are hiding behind technicalities and the minuscule (basically zero) percent chance that there’s some other bizarre explanation for it all (which if there is then they’d both be screaming from the rooftops and shut it all down very early).

CPS cannot bring charges in many cases, especially domestic. I’ve been on a jury where we all agreed the defendant had done it. However the evidence didn’t meet the high threshold so we couldn’t find them guilty.

Burying your head in the sand to the obvious is just wilful ignorance imo. It’s lovely and convenient to fall back on the ‘never found guilty in a court of law’ stuff. You can use the ‘don’t know the full story’ for almost anything in life but funny how it seems to be prevalent when it involves a talented footballer that would improve our side.

I’m not dismissing the evidence as nothing. It may, of course, be as it seemed on the face of it.

The people who had all the available facts were the police and CPS - and they decided not to proceed. Why? I don’t know.

Have you any reason believe it's fake?

It's the one thing it 100% could not have been and yet it seems to pop up so much.
We'll probably get a "maybe it was a roleplay" soon as well.
It could have been. I can think of at least a couple of logical ways that could have played out by looking at it rationally. I’m not going to lay those out here though because that would be me doing what I’m saying we shouldn’t do - making assumptions without knowing the facts.

I think I’ll leave it there as this is going round in circles.

It could have been. I can think of at least a couple of logical ways that could have played out by looking at it rationally. I’m not going to lay those out here though because that would be me doing what I’m saying we shouldn’t do - making assumptions without knowing the facts.

I think I’ll leave it there as this is going round in circles

Yeah and it will if people start listing hypotheticals and possibilities based on nothing at all. So you have yourself to blame.

Unlike most in here I prefer to judge the evidence presented and then come to a reasonable conclusion from it, have you any evidence to back up this particular claim?

There are no studies on the subject of Greenwood returning to United, so a vast majority of observations will be based on social media narratives about the player throughout the intervening months from when United were about to announce his return throughout the course of his 6 months on loan. Each time he plays well, there's a palpable shift in the narrative to "bring him back". To me, this is suggestive that a large swath of fans are interested in the football and nothing else.

Also, according to the most recent market research (2023), United have up to about 650m followers worldwide. With a number that high, its certain that a very large swath of them live in Asia, Africa and other non-Europe continents. These are places where social norms are often quite different than they are in the UK, so one shouldn't be surprised to see that many in these regions would be amenable to seeing him return to United based purely on their interests in seeing United improve.

Is there a preferred term for this in Ireland ?

Yep, Ireland. :angel:

You don't need collective terms for seperate countries. Especially if one of them is very touchy and full of lunatics.

Edit - that's us by the way.

Reactions: Raoul
Well that is incredibly stupid and doesn’t make sense.

Mason Greenwood has doctored evidence of him falsely accusing a woman - gets dropped by his sponsors and can’t play football for years and he never seems to think to say “this isn’t real”

No chance. They’re real. You just don't care.
This last line sums up so many of the ones in this thread that keep saying they want him back, they just don't care. I think they could have irrefutable evidence put in front of them but they'd still say they want him back, because ya know, football is more important than anything else, and being so desperate for a striker in our team they're ok with a domestic abuser (at the very least) playing for us. It's absolutely detestable.

From a football perspective, how is he doing? Only seen a few minutes here and there and he never seems to score any goals?

There are no studies on the subject of Greenwood returning to United, so a vast majority of observations will be based on social media narratives about the player throughout the intervening months from when United were about to announce his return throughout the course of his 6 months on loan. Each time he plays well, there's a palpable shift in the narrative to "bring him back". To me, this is suggestive that a large swath of fans are interested in the football and nothing else.

Also, according to the most recent market research (2023), United have up to about 650m followers worldwide. With a number that high, its certain that a very large swath of them live in Asia, Africa and other non-Europe continents. These are places where social norms are often quite different than they are in the UK, so one shouldn't be surprised to see that many in these regions would be amenable to seeing him return to United based purely on their interests in seeing United improve.
You could have just said no.

From a football perspective, how is he doing? Only seen a few minutes here and there and he never seems to score any goals?

Based on the logic on this last page it's entirely possible that he has in fact scored loads of goals but just not mentioned it, so don't go jumping to conclusions.

You could have just said no.

Care to refute any of the points made ? Do you disagree that United fans number in the many hundreds of millions from every far flung region of the globe, thereby making a distinct possibility they may not see things as you do - which is reinforced by social media narratives each time he plays well.

He had a slow start but has been steadily improving throughout the season. Gaining confidence and regaining much of his lost weight. The mojo is clearly still there.

Care to refute any of the points made ? Do you disagree that United fans number in the many hundreds of millions from every far flung region of the globe, thereby making a distinct possibility they may not see things as you do - which is reinforced by social media narratives each time he plays well.
I prefer to deal in facts.

I guess there might be some comfort in imagining the majority of the fan base aligns with your own opinion when you know deep down that you may lacking in moral fibre just because you'd rather have a decent player back to improve your football team.

I prefer to deal in facts.

I guess there might be some comfort in imagining the majority of the fan base aligns with your own opinion when you know deep down that you may lacking in moral fibre just because you'd rather have a decent player back to improve your football team.

Except that you appear to be dealing in feelings rather than facts. If I thought a majority online were anti-Greenwood, I would have no problem with that. But that's not the case.

He had a slow start but has been steadily improving throughout the season. Gaining confidence and regaining much of his lost weight. The mojo is clearly still there.
This is no comment on whether we should take him back or not. The kid has it all. He is so two footed. When he plays on the left, he can cross with his left or cut in and shoot with his right and if he plays on the right he can cross with his right or cut back and shoot with his left. He is better than any forward we have at the moment

Except that you appear to be dealing in feelings rather than facts. If I thought a majority online were anti-Greenwood, I would have no problem with that. But that's not the case.
What feelings would those be?

This is no comment on whether we should take him back or not. The kid has it all. He is so two footed. When he plays on the left, he can cross with his left or cut in and shoot with his right and if he plays on the right he can cross with his right or cut back and shoot with his left. He is better than any forward we have at the moment

Yeah just on football terms, he would be an upgrade to most of our attackers this year. We are still underwater in goal difference which speaks volumes about our attacking prowess.

Interestingly, if ever you see a tweet about Greenwood (from a media outlet etc) and look at the replies, it seems like the vast majority are positive, e.g. “bring him back” rather than negative. Take a look.

(Following on from what Raoul is saying)

A fraction of the people who want him back are rapist apologists who think it is okay to do what he allegedly did towards women.

Anyone that watched the World Cup, the Spanish Supercup final, heavyweight boxing title fights, following Ronaldo and co on social media etc, are apologists of terrorism funding and apologists of human rights abuse.

Did you watch any of them things?

See anyone can do what you've just done.

Status
Not open for further replies.