5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassOf'99

Back to back games where he has been good, playing further up the pitch is definitely his best position.

BerryBerryShrew

Motm for me. He works tirelessly and is very clever in terms of his off the ball movement and the positions he takes up.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Good runs in the box again and decent in possession. Kind of does what VdB was supposed to, but better.

zaafi

Great performance. I thought he had some excellent touches when he had to receive some awkward passes and great runs in behind their defense. He's what we thought DvB would be as a #10.

Superunknown

I like him. Thought he played well today and he seems to be on the same wavelength as many of our other players. Should look to make his signing permanent.

Sylar

He’s basically what you wanted Van de Beek to be in that position. Unlike the former, Sabitzer actually wants to get involved and make a difference.

He was great today. I’d keep him for the quoted price.
Agree with the comparison. Sabitzer is just comfortable in this position

Olecurls99

Best game. Such a clever player.

Next year our 6 midfielders should be
Casemiro
Fred
Eriksen
Bruno
Sabitzer
Mctominay

I actually don't see anything wrong with that

justboy68

Ten Hag has found a good midfield formula in the end for when Casemiro is out. Sabitzer has done well at the head of the trio and Bruno been good from deeper. I reckon Casemiro might even come in and just slot in for McTominay and we keep Bruno and Sab as they are, let Eriksen ease in a bit longer.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Casemiro
Fred
Eriksen
Bruno
Sabitzer
Mctominay

There’s not a single midfielder in there who retains the ball and is able to play under the press in bigger games. It’s a list of decent but not top tier central midfielders, Casemiro aside.

Woziak

Casemiro
Fred
Eriksen
Bruno
Sabitzer
Mctominay

We need one more maybe two and I probably get rid of Fred extend his contract then sell. We need a slightly more creative goal scoring type and a. CDM/CM

Add Mohamed Kudas E Le Fey or J Maddison as a number 8/10 and Adriem Rabiot on a free. We’ll need 7 options for 3/4 spaces sometimes we play 4-1-3-2 or 4-3–3 but in transition ETH likes 3-2-2-3 but the other 5 I agree with.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's like a skillful and stronger (but less mobile) Father Fred.

Roboc7

Did pretty well but still not sure why he’d be signed permanently.

Casemiro
Fred
Eriksen
Bruno
Sabitzer
Mctominay

I thought he Sabitzer played pretty well today it I’d be disappointed if that was our 6 midfielders next season, got to be aiming a lot higher unless we’re skint.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
After the typical reactions from the Newcastle game, he showed he has a part to play after this season. We can't have 6 first choice CMs so to get him in will be a great rotation option

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

I thought he Sabitzer played pretty well today it I’d be disappointed if that was our 6 midfielders next season, got to be aiming a lot higher unless we’re skint.
Agreed. They’re alright for now to get us to the end of the season but next year we’ll be in the CL hopefully and will need a lot better quality of players.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Casemiro
Fred
Eriksen
Bruno
Sabitzer
Mctominay

We need a better back-up for Casemiro, which then means McTominay doesn't have a spot. That's a definite.

We also need a more like-for-like player to alternate with Eriksen (either to replace him in the starting 11 or to act as back-up without changing our playstyle too much which happens at the moment), which then means either Fred or Sabitzer aren't needed. The exception is if ETH really likes what he sees in Bruno dropping deeper and starts considering him that player, in which case it depends on whether Sabitzer is good enough in the #10 role or whether ETH will sign someone else for that role. Sabitzer has been better the last couple of games in that role but I'd hardly say he's done enough to cement himself. Might get more opportunities as the season wears on, although with Casemiro and Eriksen back he probably won't.

Olecurls99

I honestly don't think there's many better trios in World football than Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno. Genuinely who is better? Madrid and City maybe

Mctominay and Sabitzer are showing to be very capable backups and Fred has been a really good option for Eriksen.

Olecurls99

We need a better back-up for Casemiro, which then means McTominay doesn't have a spot. That's a definite.

We also need a more like-for-like player to alternate with Eriksen (either to replace him in the starting 11 or to act as back-up without changing our playstyle too much which happens at the moment), which then means either Fred or Sabitzer aren't needed. The exception is if ETH really likes what he sees in Bruno dropping deeper and starts considering him that player, in which case it depends on whether Sabitzer is good enough in the #10 role or whether ETH will sign someone else for that role. Sabitzer has been better the last couple of games in that role but I'd hardly say he's done enough to cement himself. Might get more opportunities as the season wears on, although with Casemiro and Eriksen back he probably won't.
I think the player we want to come and be backup to Casemiro won't want to come and be a backup. If Mctominay played like he had the last 2 games I wouldn't have a problem with keeping him. I think Bruno in there has really helped him too.

Mainoldo

Casemiro
Fred
Eriksen
Bruno
Sabitzer
Mctominay

Clever post. Hopefully it shows how dumb keeping him would be. But he did well today.

Hopefully he can keep this up until the end of the season. We need someone like him for the 10 now.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I think he is actually excellent attacking wise, probably good replacement/rotation for Bruno when he needs a rest, but should be nowhere near central midfield. Which is still good, considering we can't buy anyone for that money, and we have no one else as a cover for Bruno anyway.

Even if we sign him we still need two players in central/defensive midfield.

Roboc7

I honestly don't think there's many better trios in World football than Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno. Genuinely who is better? Madrid and City maybe

Mctominay and Sabitzer are showing to be very capable backups and Fred has been a really good option for Eriksen.
They aren’t showing they are capable backups consistently just every so often and we’ve played Bruno out of position to make it work today, and as well as we played Everton we’re appalling in that first half. There’s still also no backup for Casemiro or Eriksen either really, it is just a lot of make do players.

We need more players who can pass and retain the ball better if we want to make a big step forward, keeping those 6 is just going to keep us treading water.

Olecurls99

Clever post. Hopefully it shows how dumb keeping him would be. But he did well today.

Hopefully he can keep this up until the end of the season. We need someone like him for the 10 now.
I'm confused. We'd be dumb to keep him but need someone like him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I think the player we want to come and be backup to Casemiro won't want to come and be a backup
I'd say we have two options. Either we sign a relatively cheap player who isn't really 'that' good, but who is a more suitable like-for-like alternative so the team as a whole can keep the same style when Casmiro is out. Or we sign a better, more ambitious player who can cover both the #6 and #8 roles so he'll get plenty of games between the two positions and might back himself to win a starting spot.

Olecurls99

They aren’t showing they are capable backups consistently just every so often and we’ve played Bruno out of position to make it work today, and as well as we played Everton we’re appalling in that first half. There’s still also no backup for Casemiro or Eriksen either really, it is just a lot of make do players.

We need more players who can pass and retain the ball better if we want to make a big step forward, keeping those 6 is just going to keep us treading water.
You honestly think we thread water with Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno?

Olecurls99

I'd say we have two options. Either we sign a relatively cheap player who isn't really 'that' good, but who is a more suitable like-for-like alternative so the team as a whole can keep the same style when Casmiro is out. Or we sign a better, more ambitious player who can cover both the #6 and #8 roles so he'll get plenty of games between the two positions and might back himself to win a starting spot.
Fair enough. I disagree but I see your reasoning. I always prefer looking for the solution in the squad first before going into the market.

SAFMUTD

Clearly better playing further up the pitch. Actually switching position with Bruno gave good results the last two games.

dubplate warrior

Casemiro
Fred
Eriksen
Bruno
Sabitzer
Mctominay

He's a really shrewd signing. We still need another 6, someone who can carry the ball and another that can retain possession.... or a player who can do two of those things.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He's the best version of van de Beek.

I wonder if ETH knew what he was getting when he signed because he started Sabitzer deep a few times as he was supposed to be Eriksen replacement. But he's totally different kind of player.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
His calmness in different roles is a good contrast to Scott & Fred's reactive & combatitive nature. Could be useful squad player, still not enough data if he fits grand scheme of Ten Hag's rebuild. Couple of months as a United player is not much to judge.

Play him, rotate him, we'll see where he's at in end of May. Not a priority to sign him, but frequency of injuries in the squad is not being reduced to almost zero just yet and I doubt it will in this league.

For a right price, keeping him as summer option shouldn't tax the big plans for priorities.

OrcaFat

Casemiro
Fred
Eriksen
Bruno
Sabitzer
Mctominay

I’m inclined to agree. The money we’d need to spend to get a no8 who is a leap ahead of these guys would be a huge chunk - let’s spend it on a striker instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.