View full 2022-23 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he is still adjusting to the intensity of the EPL, and he did not play much back in Germany this season(?). He seems to be a useful player, but with all the noise about signing him, why would he switch benches from Munich to Manchester? I don't think he will become a starter here.

Trotting this out when your whole post was literally nothing but criticising other people's opinions. :lol:

I think its called offering an opinion without the need to be fecking rude about it either.

Rubbish, he’s a quality player who’s only just joined us. Definitely worth keeping.
When I posted, he wasn't. He was poor in most of the 2-0 game to Leeds up to the 80min mark, and he was average in the Leeds draw.

Hes since grown well and adapted.

I like how he’s always on his toes and contesting for balls. Very intrigued to see him next to Casemiro, think they could work really well together and he’s a safer bet than Fred.

I don't think hes a holding defensive midfielder. Be good to see him play next to Casemiro with a bit more freedom to get forward.

But he played well today, can tell he's getting up to speed with the PL, but it seems people expect instant impact these day or the player gets written off.
I agree. We haven’t seen him play in his proper role yet. He is a no8 who plays best with a proper no6. Him and Casemiro is the combo we need to see. I think he will be very good in that role (maybe not but it’s pointless judging him until we’ve seen him play it).

Meanwhile, he has shown he is our second best (fit) midfielder regardless.

When I posted, he wasn't. He was poor in most of the 2-0 game to Leeds up to the 80min mark, and he was average in the Leeds draw.

Yeah he’s a smart versatile player, he’s going to be useful to us.

He played well today, passed the ball around nicely. Him and Fred together is not the answer but I'm looking forward to seeing him alongside Casemiro.

I don't necessarily think he is an upgrade on Fred. For all the complaning about Fred's sloppiness on the ball and praise of Sabitizer's composure Fred ended with a 79% completion rate and Sabitzer with a 78%. Not prone to the brainless Fred moments in bad areas but also not capable (from what I have seen so far) of matching Fred's top level or pure energy.

what? He is absolutely an upgrade on Fred.

what? He is absolutely an upgrade on Fred.
Yeah. I don’t know what game some of these posters are watching. I’m pretty sure Sab will be selected ahead of Fred in most matches. However, as I always say, I love Fred and he has a part to play.

Yeah. I don’t know what game some of these posters are watching. I’m pretty sure Sab will be selected ahead of Fred in most matches. However, as I always say, I love Fred and he has a part to play.

I agree, Fred has some good games, for me his biggest issue is his inconsistency. If we got Barca Fred week in week out, he would be class.

I don't necessarily think he is an upgrade on Fred. For all the complaning about Fred's sloppiness on the ball and praise of Sabitizer's composure Fred ended with a 79% completion rate and Sabitzer with a 78%. Not prone to the brainless Fred moments in bad areas but also not capable (from what I have seen so far) of matching Fred's top level or pure energy.

This is one of the problems with stats. Stats could be similar but let’s say 3 of Sabitzers misplaced passes go out of play or intercepted in non dangerous areas. 3 of Fred’s cause the team to come under immediate pressure giving the opposition a chance. Those stats dont show that.

Looking forward to seeing him next to Casemiro. That's a combative midfield partnership right there.

I don't think hes a holding defensive midfielder. Be good to see him play next to Casemiro with a bit more freedom to get forward.

But he played well today, can tell he's getting up to speed with the PL, but it seems people expect instant impact these day or the player gets written off.
You guys see hate everywhere. Who has written him off already? I genuinely see everyone rooting for Sabitzer.
In fact I think some positivism is over the top considering his performances, but that's it. It's very difficult to judge him now. He wasn't brought here to play DM.

If his name was Michael Spencer and he was from Manchester, the media will be saying that’s a yellow at very worst, looks worse in slow motion etc

But as he is not from the British Isles, he is therefore an evil foreigner come to do bodily harm.

For the record, it was probably a yellow.

He is absolutely an upgrade over McFred. You'll see the coming weeks.

You guys see hate everywhere. Who has written him off already? I genuinely see everyone rooting for Sabitzer.
In fact I think some positivism is over the top considering his performances, but that's it. It's very difficult to judge him now. He wasn't brought here to play DM.
I don’t know about written off but if you read back a few pages you will see a fair few comments that we shouldn’t sign him and that he won’t be a starter or that we should only sign him if he’s happy to be back-up. That’s people judging him. Before he’s unpacked his flipping suitcase and certainly before he’s played in his best role - a no8 next to a proper no6.

Nobody hates him, I’m sure, but what’s the rush to send him back to Bayern?

He passes the blood-pressure test. By which I mean, when he's on the ball, I don't fear my blood pressure.

Fred on the other hand. Love the sprightly fella, but he is, literally, a liability on the ball.

He's new and adapting. Do people really expect him to carry the ball forward and score a solo goal?

Are you serious?

He looks better than Fred to me, definitely... a more assured player on initial observations...he played v well today, quietly influential and I am confident that he's going to get better as he gets more game time, and more comfortable at the club.

He passes the blood-pressure test. By which I mean, when he's on the ball, I don't fear my blood pressure.

Fred on the other hand. Love the sprightly fella, but he is, literally, a liability on the ball.
There will be a heart rate test whenever he goes into a 50/50.

Good game. If he continues at that sort of level (at least during the 2nd half), then he would be a good purchase if we take it and be a rotation option.

He wanted to leave Bayern because he wasn’t getting chances. Will he accept a squad role at United next season when we bring another midfielder?

Still don't think we will see the best of him until he finally gets paired with Casa which will be Thursday night. Can consider himself fortunate to not be missing next 3 games though.

very good last-min midfield replacement for Eriksen, considering the timing and circumstances of the signing. We were efficient, decisive and successful in getting a top class footballer.

Not setting the EPL on fire. But still doing a good job. As long as Ten Hag's happy with him, I' happy with him.

Look at the awareness he had for that first goal, not only to get to it completely beating the Leicester player but also a controlled pass

Agree.

He was not very good in the previous matches but much better last match, especially the second half. Looked like he's getting used to the PL. Anyway he should not play DM. In fact none of our midfielders should except Case.

A jack-of-all-trades type but a very good one at that. He was excellent last night.

He's come in midway through the season, games are coming thick and fast and he hasnt had much time to acclimatise to the training, new team mates etc. Considering all that, he has done really well.

He's come in midway through the season, games are coming thick and fast and he hasnt had much time to acclimatise to the training, new team mates etc. Considering all that, he has done really well.
Agreed. I like him a lot. He's getting stuck in, his passing is decent, he gets up and down the pitch. What's not to like?

His long range shooting ability gives us another weapon too. They can't afford to stand off him and give him time around the box.

Technically better than Mcfred and defensively better than Eriksen that is certain. The reason why some people are wishy washy about him is because he hasn't shown that edge. A defense splitting pass, a powerful strike, a powerful run. Hard to do that when you're the deepest midfielder. With Casemiro back we'll see those extra layer to his game hopefully.

We're seeing 50% of him - and he's already contributing is a big way. With some more games he's going to prove more important than Eriksen imo.

I don't know why people think he'd not get a spot in the team. Despite how important Eriksen is to us in possession, I could see Sabitzer displacing him just because of everything else he adds.

Can't wait to see him playing next to Casemiro:

Getting the whole Donny v Fred vibe again. Sab wasnt signed to displace Fred, I think he is here to add cover to the midfield injuries (Eriks) otherwise we would never have signed him.

He is a good player but I believe we will sign another top midfielder (maybe even two) to play alongside Casemiro which will mean Sab situation will be no different to Bayerns. He be at best 4th choice.

Fred might not be the answer but you need players that are happy playing that role in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.