Manchester United vs Rayo Vallecano (Sun 31st July, 16:00 UK time) | Happy King (Bebe) Day

I'd heard so much about Garner and had such high hopes for him, but I've yet to actually see anything that looks that great from him. Did anyone watch Garner much last season, and if so, did his play style look notably different?

I think Erikson has to start against Brighton

Seems like ETH wants to hide CR7's pressing by allowing him to work deeper and let Donny press higher up.

I'd heard so much about Garner and had such high hopes for him, but I've yet to actually see anything that looks that great from him. Did anyone watch Garner much last season, and if so, did his play style look notably different?
He’s a holding midfielder. What did you expect from him? He’s good and safe on the ball and covers defenders well.

Ronaldos passing playmaking and vision has been fantastic. He plays so easily in this system.

He is not that great. He was outshown by Yates from the same Forest team in almost all the big games

Well done Ethan

Seems like ETH wants to hide CR7's pressing by allowing him to work deeper and let Donny press higher up.

It looks that way and Ronaldo has been busy trying to link up in a more direct way than Martial or Bruno would. It's a nice tweak.

Seen Eriksen charging up front at one point too (the intercepted cross from VDB). Looks like it may indeed be a general strategy to mix it up - either that or the second team just hasn't played with each other much and are just winging it.

Theres been some really slick one touch passing that we'd never have dreamed of doing under Ralf/Ole

Eriksen has played well but our midfield has looked far too shakey.

ETH looking cool...

Ronaldo back on the flanks? His pressing from the front isn't great, but he still has the passing, technique and shooting to be quite effective. His goal scoring numbers might drop, but for the team, it might be better to not make him as focal to our attack

This is Caf, you are not allowed to say anything remotely nice about VDB, expect a ban soon.
:lol: they'll say he''s invisible and doing nothing as usual even though he's broken up play plenty.

That's better by Laird. Probably the best performance I've seen from VDB in a Utd jersey

Really like the look of Garnacho. Looks to make something happen every time he gets the ball.

Hate the suit, trainers combo

Ronaldo back on the flanks? His pressing from the front isn't great, but he still has the passing, technique and shooting to be quite effective. His goal scoring numbers might drop, but for the team, it might be better to not make him as focal to our attack
He’s only dropping deeper because no one else except Eriksen can even get on the ball today. Otherwise he’d be camped in the box looking for goals.

Seen Eriksen charging up front at one point too (the intercepted cross from VDB). Looks like it may indeed be a general strategy to mix it up - either that or the second team just hasn't played with each other much and are just winging it.
That's pretty much how it worked at Ajax, both "8" pushing up at times, makes it harder to defend against

Nice to finally have a manager who’s shouting instructions from the touchline, not sitting in the dugout for 90 mins.

I think so too. Plus we're too predictable when he plays as the 9. At least that's what I think

:lol: they'll say he''s invisible and doing nothing as usual even though he's broken up play plenty.
Because he usually is invisible. He's having a decent game, but we don't have to lie about his general performances

Now that they're taking a break Chong needs to take the opportunity to get his head together.

Can Rayo try an attack down their right hand side please, want to see Lisandro have to defend. Poor Laird must have annoyed someone in Spain.