Manchester United vs Rangers (Sat 20th July, 16:00 UK time)

Not sure if its because i want him to be good but Hannibal definitely looks like he has something to me.

1st half was pretty decent, 2nd half, outside of Hugills goal wasn’t particularly great. Good runout for the team and hoping to see more 1st team players for Arsenal next week.

Overall good afternoon more minutes to some players. Leny wow what a player he’s gonna be. Amad stand out player. 2 very good goals on to the next

I thought he looked pretty good too.
He's much better when he drops deeper. Having him chase balls up front has never made much sense to me. I felt like when he wasn't dropping deep, United were struggling to get the ball to the midfielders. Exception being when the ball came to Amass.

Better game than the last. Both goals well worked and not so many shots at our goal.

Some of the youngsters played well.

Nice first showing from Yoro.

Amass looked more like his classy self this match, which was good to see.

Enjoyed watching Hannibal getting on the ball in the first half of the 2nd half. He was looking more comfortable, as he did with the youth teams. Though as soon as we scored our second we sat back and didn't really have much of the ball.

Amass looked more like his classy self this match, which was good to see.

Enjoyed watching Hannibal getting on the ball in the first half of the 2nd half. He was looking more comfortable, as he did with the youth teams. Though as soon as we scored our second we sat back and didn't really have much of the ball.
Amass and Collyer were the two picks for the younger lads...

looking forward to seeing Shea Lacey push his way into the mix

Was a very satisfying watch. Looked comfortable and were in control for majority of the match I thought. Amad and Mount had good first halfs, Amad more so. Was easily the best player on the pitch. Yoro looks awesome. Can't wait to watch him develop with us. Even in the 2nd half with all of our youngsters out there we were pretty comfortable. Overall a good run out for the lads.

Fish is a good player. I think some bottom half teams would do very well to take him on loan.
MEN said earlier this week that we have both loan and permanent offers for him from Championship clubs. Article said he wants to play so expect he probably leaves by the end of the window.

Amass and Collyer were the two picks for the younger lads...

looking forward to seeing Shea Lacey push his way into the mix
Yeah, I was mainly posting about the second half. But, as you say, Collyer was good in the first half. Amass in the second. And Amad was easily MOTM.

To be fair I’d say our reserves and fringe players are about equal with Rangers. We are operating in a different universe financially. I’d say their highest earner is on quite a bit less than 50k a week
True. Still think it’s funny though that Celtic and Rangers thought they could compete in the prem. remember when that debate came about.

Near total cruise control. 2nd half was 10 youth team plus Onana and Rangers barely got a sniff. I was actually surprised to see Sancho play and he doesn't look any better than when he was shipped out. Amad, Amass, Collyer, Fish, Fletcher, Hugill, Mount, Murray, Oyedele, Wheatley, Leroy Yolo = all looked absolutely comfortable to the point it would be easy to overrate the performance (as I usually do with youth teamers). I still have really high hopes for these young players.

Quite an indictment on the quality of the Scottish league when our youngsters are beating the 2nd best team in the country.
Tbf pre season has a lot of factors to consider don’t know if any apply to this match. I remember when we outplayed Real Madrid under LVG in preseason.

But also our starting lineup wasn’t too weak. Only 2 players who are probably not 1st team ready. So maybe even in a competitive match this 11 would be expected win.

Yoro looked reminiscent of when we bought Rio. Looked very silky, comfortable on the ball. That crucial tackle he had to deny the Rangers player a 1v1 looked very much like what Rio would do.

True. Still think it’s funny though that Celtic and Rangers thought they could compete in the prem. remember when that debate came about.
I think they were viewing it more on the level of Celtic vs. Norwich, or Rangers vs. Luton Town, (i.e., the scrappy new boys) than as seeing themselves go toe to toe with the big boys. Money changes everything. Had they been allowed into that club, maybe the money would trickle down to academy/grass roots and Scotland football wouldn't be so dire.

Tbf pre season has a lot of factors to consider don’t know if any apply to this match. I remember when we outplayed Real Madrid under LVG in preseason.

But also our starting lineup wasn’t too weak. Only 2 players who are probably not 1st team ready. So maybe even in a competitive match this 11 would be expected win.
Talking about the 2nd half xi. Those players probably won't get any major mins this season and still managed to win the 2nd half 1-0 against a mostly 1st choice Rangers team.

Heard Amad was the best player on the pitch, hopefully ETH finally cuts his cord with Antony and plays this kid next season.

I think they were viewing it more on the level of Celtic vs. Norwich, or Rangers vs. Luton Town, (i.e., the scrappy new boys) than as seeing themselves go toe to toe with the big boys. Money changes everything. Had they been allowed into that club, maybe the money would trickle down to academy/grass roots and Scotland football wouldn't be so dire.
Yeah, that's absolutely the point. The competing with the bigger PL clubs obviously wouldn't happen overnight. But we see much smaller clubs than Rangers and Celtic surviving in the PL. And over time, the increased TV money, and ability to attract better players wanting to play in the PL, would have likely helped them finish higher.

Nice goals! Looking forward to catch the highlights.

Amad seems to be pushing for a starting spot.

What's the deal with Shea Lacey at the moment? i remember him getting an injury to the back end of last season. Is he going to miss the tour?

20 years ago before Premier League money went mental, they probably were top half PL teams at worst.

But since 2009 or so, they’re probably at best the usual suspects in the Championship play-offs every season.

Pretty good game for a friendly. The first half especially had some very good performers.

Wheatley looks an intelligent and abrasive presser up front and obviously could've had a goal. Collyer was tidy enough after the opening 15, once the ref stopped calling everything he did a foul. Didn't mind Sancho in his first 45 in a United shirt for almost a year either. Some good passes around the penalty area, but probably more important was him working hard the other way.

Obvious standout performer was Amad, but Yoro was also fantastic given he's been in the door about 15 seconds. The miscommunication with Evans aside, he didn't put a foot wrong, and seemed as comfortable raking passes to the left as the right which was encouraging. I thought Mount played very well too and gave us a taste of what he can finally bring to the team once he maintains fitness.

Cracker of a finish from Hugill too, whether he was going for that or not.

If Celtic and Rangers had access to Premier League money, they certainly would be competitive.

Celtic are able to sell 50 thousand tickets for games against Ross County.