Manchester United v Manchester City

Can't understand people leaving Rooney out. Yes he played the full 90 against Boro but he didn't play the full game on tuesday and we play City on Sunday, that's 5 days between games.

Rooney must start imo. Rest him for the Wigan game if we must.

----------------------VDS----------------------
O'Shea----------Rio--------Vidic------------Evra
Ronaldo-------Fletch--------Giggs-----------Nani
---------------Rooney----Berbatov--------------

Subs: Foster, Rafael, Evans, Anderson, Scholes, Park, Tevez.

Rooney must play. Please play him Fergie. Him and Ronaldo together and we'll win.

Would like to see Scholes and Carrick together in midfield, maybe with Giggs as well.

Rooney must play. Please play him Fergie. Him and Ronaldo together and we'll win.

Would like to see Scholes and Carrick together in midfield, maybe with Giggs as well.

Just like this :D

VDS
O'Steady Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Ronaldo Carrick Scholes Giggs
Rooney Berbatov​

2-0

van der Sar

O'Shea
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Fletcher (who will have the game of his life)
Giggs/Scholes
Park

Rooney
Berbatov

I know it's a derby...but I truly think we'll hammer Citeh on Sunday. They did the double over us last year; it's time to pay them back in spades.

VDS
Rafael Rio Vidic Evra
Fletcher Anderson
Ronaldo Berba Rooney
Tevez​

Our Fab 4 starting with Fletch and Ando going box to box, I reckon Carrick will be rested for Wigan. I can see Tevez starting because he never played on Tues and i reckon SAF will go with them all because he can :cool:

Goal: Van der Sar will play. This sorta games need experience.
RB: Rafael. He might be useful against the quick robinho.
CBs: Rio and Vidic. Auto Choice.
LB: Evra. He was rested/saved from suspension in last game.
MR: Nani. Dont really fancy him in his current form, but i have a sneeky feeling he will play. But he has to stop giving possesion away so easily.
MC: Carrick. Didnt have to sweat too much midweek.
MC: Scholes. Fresh.
LM: Ronaldo. No time for rest for our best and most important player.
AM: Tevez. His enthusiasm will be crucial in derby matches.
ST: Berbatov. We need him at set-pieces

I think Park and Rooney will be on bench if we need to score later. Anderson and Fletch will be needed later if we need to protect lead.

I'll take a 1-0 win.

Lads, giggs needs a rest. In the last three games hes played:

30 minutes against Arsenal in the 1st leg
90 minutes against Middlesbrough
30 minutes against Arsenal in the 2nd leg

That's a total of 150 minutes football in a week. 2 and a half hours top level football for a 35 year old is pushing it. Scholes didn't play tonight so he's more likely to play than Giggs

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Good analysis.

Id rest Giggs and Rooney and play Scholes & Tevez

No resting players please... win this and we're nailed on to win the league.

I want to see

VdS
O'Shea-Rio-Vidic-Evra
Ronaldo-Carrick-Scholes-Park
Rooney-Berbatov

Get 2-0 up and we can start letting the likes of Rooney take a break.

Can't wait for this. A win will finally shut them up about doing the double over us last season.

this is going to be our toughest league match before the end i think.... we have to play a strong team

VDS

O Shea - Vidic - Ferdinand - Evra

Scholes - Carrick - Fletcher

Ronaldo - Rooney
Tevez

subs: Foster, Evans, Neville, Nani, Anderson, Berbatov, Giggs

we've been playing really well with the 3 and 3 - anderson and fletcher have been the star men in midfield - maybe just give anderson a rest i think

Ronaldo and Rooney should play - Rooney got a good rest in the 2nd half at Arsenal and Ronaldo is the bionic man.

If those two play, we'll win. So...

-----------------VDS

O'Shea---Ferdinand---Vidic---Evra

--------Fletcher---Carrick---------
--------------Giggs

--Ronaldo----Berbatov----Rooney--

Win this, we've effectively won the league, so all guns blazing. No complacency.

Ronaldo and Rooney should play - Rooney got a good rest in the 2nd half at Arsenal and Ronaldo is the bionic man.

If those two play, we'll win. So...

-----------------VDS

O'Shea---Ferdinand---Vidic---Evra

--------Fletcher---Carrick---------

--Ronaldo----Berbatov----Rooney--

Win this, we've effectively won the league, so all guns blazing. No complacency.

I realise how good Rooney and Ronaldo are, but surely playing with 10 men is taking the piss a little bit?
;)

Shitty are finishing the season strongly and even if they weren't they could still be a handful.Happy with a draw.

Have a feeling Ronaldo might continue to play up front till the end of the season.

VDS

Evra
Rio
Vidic
Oshea

Rooney
Scholes
Fletcher/Carrick
Park

Ronaldo
Tevez/Berb

Getting to Rome has two effects on the Derby
1. Players confidence is sky high
2. Players cant help but have worries about picking up injuries

The answer, pass em to death, that quickly and accurately that City's head will be spinning far too much to kick us.

Appy days (I should be a manager you know :smirk: )

Hello all, new here.
The only threat I see from City are through the wings. So we should put players who are willing to track back on the wings. It hurts me that we have to sacrifice Wayne again and again, but until we get a proper winger, he will do.
This game is very important in breaking the will of Liverpool and also for last years Munich Anniversary defeat (Still hurts). We must thump City and thump them bad. Quoting Fabregas, "we must be able to get behind them and penetrate them":lol::lol::lol: ( I swear this is word for word from his pre CL match comments)
Anyway this is my team.
composition5.jpg

I would assume Tevez will start this, he hasn't started a match since Arsenal 1st leg, where the played excellent and last featured as a substitute against boro. But we will see, if he plays its a big opportunity for him, he really needs to find his feet and get a goal or assist. He will be very fit and ready for this match.

Van der Sar
O'Shea Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Ronaldo Fletcher Scholes Rooney
Tévez Berbatov
--
Subs: Foster; Neville, Evans; Carrick, Giggs, Nani; Macheda​

God knows what we'll do.. feck it, just go full whack. I can see Giggs starting over Tévez or Berbatov, though.

10 things to know about this weekend’s big Manchester derby…

The press will have you believe Manchester United supporters only care about beating Liverpool, but true fans know United Vs City is the only derby that has ever really counted. On Sunday lunchtime they go toe to toe for the 151st time. Here’s everything you need to know about it.

1) City have won two of the last three Manchester derbies.

2) United will wait for West Ham and Liverpool result, before deciding whether to rest key players like Cristiano Ronaldo.

3) The referee is a scouser. Chris Foy to be precise. So expect lots of red cards waved at Mancs. Hopefully we’ll have four or five dodgy penalty decisions to laugh at, and Darren Fletcher getting red carded all over again.

4) A win will see Manchester United just four points (regardless of anything Liverpool do) from winning the title. If Liverpool lose this weekend, and City give Alex Ferguson all three points, they’ll be just a game from the title.

5) Paul Scholes could get his 100th Premier League goal (he’s at 98).

6) Giggs meanwhile could get his 150th Manchester United goal (he also needs two).

7) A hat-trick meanwhile will take Wayne Rooney’s Manchester United tally to a tidy 100. He may struggle to get there from the left wing though.

8) Manchester City have only once ever won four Premier League games in a row. But after notching up wins against WBA, Everton and Blackburn, this could be number four!

9) If Manchester City do win, it’ll be the first time they’ve got back-to-back victories at Old Trafford in 38 years.

10) Rio Ferdinand will be making his 400th league appearance, Nemanja Vidic his 100th. Dimitar Berbatov will also be making a century on this day of nice round figures. Shaun Wright-Phillips meanwhile will be making his 200th league start and will get his 50th league goal if he scores.

http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/server.php?show=ConWebDoc.770

written by a scouser I think....

he/she sounds bitter.
don't we still need 4 pts to wrap up the title even if Liverpool lose and we win this weekend.

he/she sounds bitter.
don't we still need 4 pts to wrap up the title even if Liverpool lose and we win this weekend.

if liverpool lost at west ham and we beat city we would be 6 clear with a game in hand. we'd only need a point. if liverpool draw and we win, we'd be 5 clear going to wigan. a win there would make us champions. again.

Shitty are finishing the season strongly and even if they weren't they could still be a handful.Happy with a draw.

Why? It's at Old Trafford against a team with one of the worst away records in the league.

A draw obviously isn't the worst thing that can happen but i certainly wouldn't be happy with it.

You're about 27 hours early for things like that mate!

Yes but on the day I always find that whoever's got the links is fed up of sending them or distracted so I'm putting my request in early.

PM ME

I'm nervous as hell, much more than I was ahead of the Arsenal match.

+1
IF we win this I think we have the title but if we lose it's going to be very very tight with Arsenal wanting revenge and Hull maybe needing points to stay up. On the other hand West Brom seem to be coming into form and could possibly be playing to stay up next week too:)

--------VDS--------
O'Shea Rio Vida Eva
---Carrick Scholes---
Ronaldo-----Rooney-
----Berba Tevez----

Foster; Evans, Rafael; Fletcher, Anderson, Park; Macheda

Just realised that we can win the league before the vermin play their next game. Win. :devil: don't care how!

Might be Berbatov in for Park. Maybe Giggs or Scholes in the middle. Any slight injuries - leave them out.

We really missed Rooney in this game last year. He's always up for this fixture. I think a lot will depend on Shay Given and whether they can keep us out early.

I'm tempted to say I'd take a point if it's a draw with 15 minutes to go or we're down to 10 men, but that's almost impossible with this attack-minded team.