Manchester United | Injury Watch 2024/25

DeLigt and Maz. That was the worry wasn’t it. No doubting their skills just their ability to avoid or shake off injuries

I said the same about Martinez in the summer. I suspect he will always be prone now to injuries

I'm happy for players to come off as a precaution, rather than having to add their names to the injury list. Partially because I want to see our best team playing every week, but mostly because I cba to update it.

De Ligt seems fine. We'll need to wait on Maguire and Mazraouri

There is something wrong with the entire set up.

How the actual feck do so many players get injured in the same match.

Don't tell me its just coincidence. It can't be by now.

Inury prone players get injured I guess.

Point still remains. Good player but will pick up injuries + niggles

Whilst that's still possible because Utd, to be fair to de Ligt, iirc he did say after the game that it's the first time in 5 months that he's played 3 games in a row or something. So he's really rusty in terms of actual match fitness. If this is his sharpness/fitness under those conditions, that's not a bad base to begin with.

Whilst that's still possible because Utd, to be fair to de Ligt, iirc he did say after the game that it's the first time in 5 months that he's played 3 games in a row or something. So he's really rusty in terms of actual match fitness. If this is his sharpness/fitness under those conditions, that's not a bad base to begin with.
Oh absolutely.

I worry about his injury record though.

No doubts at all on his abilities. Reckon he can score us 4-5 goals a season too

I'm happy for players to come off as a precaution, rather than having to add their names to the injury list. Partially because I want to see our best team playing every week, but mostly because I cba to update it.

De Ligt seems fine. We'll need to wait on Maguire and Mazraouri

Hopefully those precautions were the result of advice from the medical guys.

Football heritage.

GXg83tCWQAA7OfT

Arsenal and Spurs players run and press entire game like maniac yet not one player injured.

We play slow and side way passing most of the game and yet 3-4 player may have injury problem.

Is it really luck?

Arsenal and Spurs players run and press entire game like maniac yet not one player injured.

We play slow and side way passing most of the game and yet 3-4 player may have injury problem.

Is it really luck?
Arsenal didn't press all game. They were pinned back in their own end most of the time, barely pressed at all.

That said, I think it has more to do with certain individual players having a propensity for injury on our side, and perhaps the training methods.

Need Hojlund back. Got a feeling he’s going to be good this season.

Is it really luck?

Liverpool attacks have been running entire 4 games and not a single injury. What is it!?

Hojlund was originally supposed to be back after the international break. So yes, his return is already delayed

He posted a few videos before the international break of him lifting heavy weights and looking all good and ready. Could this delay be due to another injury?

His injury is taking way longer it should right?
Maybe it’s just me but I have the impression that our injured players routinely take longer to recover than the stated initial timescale. Shaw was also expected to return immediately after the international break.

Liverpool attacks have been running entire 4 games and not a single injury. What is it!?

So this is a post on a Liverpool site (eew) from last season, end of March. Games missed because of injury. * = still injured at that moment. Season was still 2 months from done. I mean, other teams have injuries too, it's just because you follow United you are more aware.

Thiago: 45*
Stefan Bajcetic: 38*
Joel Matip: 25*
Ben Doak: 25*
Andy Robertson: 21
Conor Bradley: 19
Trent Alexander-Arnold: 16*
Diogo Jota 16*
Curtis Jones: 13*
Alisson: 12*
Dominik Szoboszlai: 10
Kostas Tsimikas: 9
Mohamed Salah: 7
Ryan Gravenberch: 7
Ibrahima Konate: 6
Alexis Mac Allister: 6
Darwin Nunez: 3
Cody Gakpo: 3
Caoimhin Kelleher: 2
Wataru Endo: 1
Joe Gomez: 1

Maybe it’s just me but I have the impression that our injured players routinely take longer to recover than the stated initial timescale. Shaw was also expected to return immediately after the international break.
Often feels like the initial timeframes are always far longer than you expect most people to recover from too. Never a 2-3 week out hamstring strain, always ends up months.

So this is a post on a Liverpool site (eew) from last season, end of March. Games missed because of injury. * = still injured at that moment. Season was still 2 months from done. I mean, other teams have injuries too, it's just because you follow United you are more aware.

Diogo Jota 16*
Not to criticise you but I think those stats are misleading. United had core players missing at the same time for longer stretches and then bringing players into an unstable team.
Other teams do suffer injuries and your correct familiarity can lead to bias, but our injuries last season were the worst I’ve known since I’ve started watching football.

Diogo Jota 16*
Putting aside its on a Liverpool site … putting aside that a lot of the players at the top end are just squad players…

In a PL season of 38 games, Trent played 28 PL games as did Alisson. A Liverpool fan on a Liverpool site just MIGHT be skewing stats (incl sub and cup matches).

Martínez played 11, Shaw 12, Martial 13 (surprised it was that many)…. Trent and Alisson played more PL games than these 3 as well as Casemiro, AWB, Maguire, Mainoo, Varane, etc. And that’s before we look at the squad injuries… who the feck is Doak?