Manchester Arena Bombing 22.05.17

Ainu

Can't judge the music, not my thing at all, but from what I saw that must've been a fantastic and emotional experience for all involved. Even from a television screen it just filled me with a load of positive energy.

Castia

Really enjoyed the concert, well done to all involved it was a great tribute.

ovoxo

I really enjoyed Live forever. The crowd was definitely more Beiber fans than Oasis fans though:lol:

NinjaFletch

Indeed. She has grown up in public and in extraordinary circumstances. Can't be easy.
I've always found it odd how much shit young stars get for their antics. Given the time and money they have you can bet your bottom dollar that I'd have been worse.

Last edited:

Sylar

Fantastic and enjoyable and served a great purpose.
It wont undo the tragic stuff weve seen the last few weeks, but it does show a sign of strength so soon after.

Music at a cricket ground? The only way to make it more British would have been if it had rained. (glad it didnt).

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I've always found it odd how much shit young stars get for their antics. Given the time and money you have you can bet your bottom dollar that I'd have been worse.
I genuinely think I was worse than half of them to be fair!

Jep

Somewhere between Manchester and the shithole
Goose bumps for live forever, one of my favourite songs ever. Chris martin has done that with noel on acoustic before and the solo was played on acoustic and sounded so much better than tonights solo.

Ha ha yeah most kids had no idea who liam was or the songs although there was 1 little girl singing along to rock n roll star, guessing her dad subjects her to music like oasis like my dad did with 60s music.

Ainu

I've always found it odd how much shit young stars get for their antics. Given the time and money you have you can bet your bottom dollar that I'd have been worse.
Doesn't help if everytime a celebrity farts it goes viral on twitter. I mean if half the stuff I did when I was younger went on social media I'd be fecked for the rest of my life. :nervous:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Goose bumps for live forever, one of my favourite songs ever. Chris martin has done that with noel on acoustic before and the solo was played on acoustic and sounded so much better than tonights solo.

Ha ha yeah most kids had no idea who liam was or the songs although there was 1 little girl singing along to rock n roll star, guessing her dad subjects her to music like oasis like my dad did with 60s music.
Is it unfair to question why Liam, after all his mouth about Noel on twitter, chose to play his new single which went down like a lead balloon?

ovoxo

To be fair, and I really mean it shockingly, Beiber did actually nail it. Of all the big stars on display tonight both he, with Ariana, absolutely smashed it.
Definitely, I liked Beiber's new music tbh. Ariana for someone who looks so sweet and innocent, definitely packs a big voice to match her big heart.

Redlambs

Definitely, I liked Beiber's new music tbh. Ariana for someone who looks so sweet and innocent, definitely packs a big voice to match her big heart.
Yeah. We should all totally take them in as more than what the music industry want to show. Both were raw and showed talent well above what we expect from the normal pop stars.

Fair play, real talent was on show for all the bitchy news.

NinjaFletch

Is it unfair to question why Liam, after all his mouth about Noel on twitter, chose to play his new single which went down like a lead balloon?

I'd like to think Liam is better than that and it was just him being dull and not realising how doing that may come across, but sadly it does seem like the sort of thing that he might do.

SuperiorXI

I'd like to think Liam is better than that and it was just him being dull and not realising how doing that may come across, but sadly it does seem like the sort of thing that he might do.
What's so wrong with him playing one of his songs? I personally didn't recognise some of the other songs played...

Redlambs

His voice is back. Why didn't he surround himself with decent musicians who could actually play the classics properly?

Oh wait, he tried that at the olympics...

Jep

Somewhere between Manchester and the shithole
Its not a bad tune and has some catchy riffs, but I agree he shouldnt have done that one as my first thought was that it was a chance for self promotion. Would have been better to do something else. Cant speak about whats said on twitter as dont have it so no idea what he says on there.

NinjaFletch

What's so wrong with him playing one of his songs? I personally didn't recognise some of the other songs played...
Just seems selfishly self promoting to play a song you released last week at a benefit gig to a massive audience when you've got a back catalogue of more suitable songs. Maybe thats harsh, but that was my first thought.

JB7

It was a brilliant night. The crowd loved it, atmosphere was fantastic. Took my girlfriend and she obviously loved it but I also really enjoyed it, much more so than I expected.

Ariana though, what a woman. I could not have imagine having any more respect for her than I do tonight. What a phenomenal response to what happened less than two weeks ago. Hats off to her.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I thought Coldplay were the best.
I've done a proper 180 on Coldplay over the last year or so... used to think they were pretty shit, but I really enjoy a lot of their latest stuff, and now coming round to their back catalogue...

Maybe I'm getting old and boring or something.

Anyway, cracking concert, well done Manchester.

Oggmonster

I thought the whole thing was meant to be that "the show goes on" or whatever (like how Coldplay had all the confetti etc) so it would make sense if he plays his current song. He's also playing other gigs at the moment and it was probably a last minute thing.

Either way it looked like everyone there enjoyed it and it was a brilliant idea. Fair play to Ariana Grande for having the decency to do that and everything else. I'm sure plenty of others wouldn't.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Liam has absolutely gone in on Noel for not being there last night on twitter :lol:

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Why did Mods change the thread title back?

Just wondering

montpelier

Full respect.
And she's generated all that without being in the media 24/7 & seeming to be making it all about her as a consequence if that had of happened.

It is all totally very admirable & deserves every credit. As Ogg says, many wouldn't have bothered & a lot would have just been trying to forget it had happened at their gig & moved on as quickly as they could. And her monetary contribution exceeds into generous category too, fwiw. She's done an awful lot she didn't have to & beyond 'normal' expectations by a long way.

Nogbadthebad

Plenty of high points for me, but I did like little mix coming out in their PVC clothes because that is what they want to wear. A big a feck you to isis from young women.

Robbie williams still amazes me, can't sing a note any more, still gets the crowd going and doing it for him, was a great visual, but grande singing over the rainbow was the highlight. Hell of a voice on her.