Man United appoint Moyes | Round, Woods, Lumsden, P Neville in; Giggs player/coach; Albert stays

Feed Me

I'm hungry
You never criticized Fergie's decision?
I think when it's such a seminal decision, he's as well placed as anyone to make the right decision. As such, I trust and back his judgment. We're not talking about a substitution here!

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
There's an FA Cup Final this weekend and not a single solitary feck is currently being given. Imagine how mad that is driving city fans. Then again they've probably forgotten themselves such is the obsession with us and Fergie.
:lol:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think when it's such a seminal decision, he's as well placed as anyone to make the right decision. As such, I trust and back his judgment. We're not talking about a substitution here!
Indeed, this is a huge decision to have Moyes as his replacement, one he would have thought over and over again.Obviously nobody knows the future but so far SAF has more than earned our trust in his decision making and specially when it comes to the big ones.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Another late substitution by SAF. Fergie out.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
People act as if it's impossible for a manager to jump into a big job with no previous top club experience and do well. It's like the likes of Mourinho, Ancelotti, Klopp etc. were born into big clubs and didn't have to learn their skills somewhere before.

I'd understand it if Moyes had done poorly for Everton. He didn't disappoint there even for a single season perhaps with the exception of underwhelming 2005-06. He couldn't really take them any further, Spurs managers can't take them into top 4 consistently in spite of being given big funds for transfer fees and wages regularly. With 4-5 very powerful teams with resources multiple times bigger than Everton's there's only so much he could have done there.

Truth is he hasn't done a thing wrong in his career. He may well be capable of coming here and making another step up. There's little to suggest that he can't so give him time.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Even with Mourinho or Pep as Fergie succesors I wouldn't expect them to deliver as Sir Alex did, no one can ever match him.

Moyes comes as a man who's been patient enough with a weak side, and now got most prestige managerial place in the world, with Fergie just door away.

Hope he won't be shy of asking Sir Alex for advice, as Fergie is known as manager who was always supportive towards others managers, or ex players. Not that he will want to interfere in Moyes work, there's zero chance of that, but if Moyes comes across any difficulty he has great person to ask for quality advice or help.

Wish new manager all the best, hope he handles United steady and continue with our pride tradition, more than anything he must have United supporters behind him no matter how things work out. Welcome!

Tibs

I feel excited

COME ON DAVID feckING MOYES!!!

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
So when is his first presser, 1st of July?
Well if that's when his official post starts then I would presume so. His pressers are very similar to Fergie's, if he doesn't want to talk about something he'll tell the journo straight, won't be drawn into any traps they try and lay for him and he's got a bit of the Fergie glare about him too.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Got to give you lot some credit, despite Moyes being no more than a Scottish Roy Hodgson at least you lot are standing by him. Some of the abuse our lot gave to Roy was unacceptable and a bit shameful.

Man-United

Well if that's when his official post starts then I would presume so. His pressers are very similar to Fergie's, if he doesn't want to talk about something he'll tell the journo straight, won't be drawn into any traps they try and lay for him and he's got a bit of the Fergie glare about him too.

From 2.30 :lol:

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Apparently in that instance they were told specifically not to ask questions about Anichebe.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
:lol: jumping to where? :lol:
Anyfeckingwhere. How do you know he won't be amazing, winning three titles and two Champions League trophies in 3 years with Real Madrid being keen on him? You don't, no one knows. Why are people so quick to assume that he's going to struggle?

TheBest

SPNTBP
I think will have a decent influence any way that is why he wanted someone like moyes rather than Mourinho.

Seveneric

He's one of those people who have the same name as their dad and name their son the same too. Not to be trusted:nono:

Nogbadthebad

Got to give you lot some credit, despite Moyes being no more than a Scottish Roy Hodgson at least you lot are standing by him. Some of the abuse our lot gave to Roy was unacceptable and a bit shameful.
He spent less on his team than your lot spent on their fecking TV show.

So what does it say about Brenton fecking Rogers that he and his three envelopes are sitting 5 points behind him?

Ludens the Red

Same to you and your Northern Irish Roy Hodgson.

He spent less on his team than your lot spent on their fecking TV show.

So what does it say about Brenton fecking Rogers that he and his three envelopes are sitting 5 points behind him?
Dude, they won the fecking possession and passing!

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
This is going to end badly.

He'll get my support just like any other player (can't say manager as I've only known the great one).

We're going to regret this in time.
I feel the exact same way. I'll be hoping he does well and I'll support him. But it just doesn't look good. I don't think he'll be a success here. Let's hope I'm wrong though.

I hope he doesn't wear that fookin tracksuit and trainers on the touchline.
:lol:

He better ditch those for the most part. Suit and tie, look respectable David!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I feel the exact same way. I'll be hoping he does well and I'll support him. But it just doesn't look good. I don't think he'll be a success here. Let's hope I'm wrong though.
Totally feel like signing Valencia, after we sold Ronaldo. There were many better wingers out there to replace the Ballon D'Or, but we settled for a winger from mid-bottom club who could do well on basic thing. Really a downer at that time.

I'll support the new manager, as I've supported any new players that we've bought, even when I thought they were not the best out there.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Totally feel like signing Valencia, after we sold Ronaldo. There were many better wingers out there to replace the Ballon D'Or, but we settled for a winger from mid-bottom club who could do well on basic thing. Really a downer at that time.

I'll support the new manager, as I've supported any new players that we've bought, even when I think they were not the best out there.
Valencia was brilliant when we first got him.

Someone

Something
I don't think he's the right man but then again what do i know?

I thought mourinho at madrid would work wonders and it didn't, pretty much all the top managers in the world get sacked all the time, so it's not an exact science really.

He has my full support, the club is an a great shape and he seems be a great man, no complaints.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Valencia was brilliant when we first got him.
That's not the point. Were you happy when we bought him to replace Ronaldo?

And 'brilliant' is too far stretch to describe Valencia. Even at his short-period of peak, people could see he's a limited player, and in no way would be able to reach Ronaldo's level. Don't you think so?