Man City's inevitable Treble

Always felt they might be a worse footballing side with Haaland but win the games that require them to hit the highest of highs in England and Europe results-wise.

This is why I was happy to see Arse 'solving' the problem this season for us and then we could hopefully take it away with proper owners.

As it stands, we really need to hope Arse do them in the PL and focus on stopping them in the cups next season as well because the Glazers are intent on leaving with a bang...

They’re catching us up. In every aspect. I feel there’s a real denial around them because of how they obtained these trophies. Unfortunately for us though, in the future, when people look at all their trophies, it won’t actually matter. They are stamping themselves into the history books.

they are on the verge of a treble (it could really really happen).

they are on the verge of a third title in a row.

if they win it this year they will of won five out of the last six.

haaland has broken Ruuds record.

they are leading the race for Bellingham (this for me shows that they are getting the big talents to want to join them) there squad is already ridiculous. Previously they refused to spend big big big money on individuals, they were known for being a team full of 50mil players. They are now adding the superstars to their teams (the cherry on top and the icing if you like). The 100mil + players. The poster boys, the record beaters. These players make young kids want to support them. How many of us support united because of the players from the past it has had? The Beckhams, the bests, the rooneys… City are now getting this appeal, it was always their plan. Mass appeal players bring in pundits. Why else did they spend 100mil on Grealish? They didn’t need him.. but he is englands poster boy and darling and it was a smart move from them (he is also a brilliant footballler of course).

Basically they have the best of everything right now. The best manager, best facilities, Winning big trophies, sweeping up the generational talent, building an ever growing fanbase with the youth of today and the future.. and yet people don’t understand why some would prefer arsenal to win the league this season over them. Of course the arsenal rivalry back in the day was huge, but it hasn’t been for years. Yes AFTV is annoying as feck as are their fanbase.. but they are not as far ahead of us as city are. City are a bigger threat to us imo. They are a long way from us.. and the gap will grow if they win the treble. It will be pretty shite for us if they can match our biggest accomplishment.

I could be wrong.

There's some truth to this sadly. Anybody below 21 will have seen City be a dominate force in english football for most of their lives, including Bellingham who was 7(!) when City won their first title. Put that into context and you can see why they'll likely continue to attract the sort of generational talent that'll keep them relevant for a longer period than we'd like. Money and pep too, of course.

The biggest blessing for the rest of us is that City still don't have close to the best or most passionate fans. That'll take a much longer period of sustained success, arguably decades.

What's happening with these PL allegations of cheating? Gone quiet

Even if they do win it, their treble is incomparable to ours. We started that final in 1999 with 4 academy players FFS
Those academy players were handed to us on a silver platter. We didn't even pay for them so they were in essence worthless.

A real Champions League triumph should cost at least a billion to show people that it's really worth something. Everyone knows that the best things in life are bought.

Or no trophies at all?

CL - Madrid
PL - Arsenal
FA - Man utd

Both of us getting a double.

United: Europa and EFL

City: CL, FA

Arsenal: EPL

feck City. I have no love for Arsenal but I hope they win the title. Real will win the CL again and City will lose the FA Cup to us be a Haaland own goal and 30 yard screamer from Wout.

Arsenal seem intent on throwing the title, the remarkable similarity between them and Tottenham, to have everything handed to them on a plate and somehow still bottle so hard they'd outstrip Molson Coors in bottling efficiency is somewhat a sick poetic justice.

That said the decider will be the Arsenal City game.

The FA Cup is theirs, we don't beat Brighton.

The Champions League is Real. That's the team not the adjective.

My dad attended the 1956 FA Cup Final, and took me to my first game at Maine Road in April 1971. He was the reason why I support City, so when he died in October 2011, it was the worst day of my life.
Two weeks later City won 6-1 at Old Trafford, and when Aguero scored the 93:20 v QPR, my first reaction was to literally burst in tears.

In stark contrast, I've attended all of City's CL fixtures this season and am also travelling to Munich next week. However, my only pleasure from winning the competition would be the schadenfreude gained from the collective outpouring of media grief. They simply despise us and the feeling is mutual

I don't mind if people don't like City, but don't lie about us. Most of the "cheating" accusations are based around how Mancini was paid over ten years ago, and have no relevance to the current situation, whereby City's scouting network can source a relatively unknown Argentinian like Alvarez, whilst other clubs squander huge fortunes. Yes, we've made mistakes, but nowadays they're far and few between.

Will City win the Treble?
Probably not, but if I was a United fan I'd be far more concerned with City's continual growth, both on and off the pitch.

not a personal attack on you, or questioning your support for your club, and that is a lovely story bout your dad and really what it’s all about.

BUT, literally any club in England could have done what city have done, with morally questionable, nation state owners pumping billions in to use a club as a propaganda tool, and cheating repeatedly (over 100 separate charges) to do it. City have no rivals that consider them bigger than someone else (United and Liverpool both view each other bigger), and history will always look at these achievements with an asterisk, and that’s without any of the 100 charges sticking. When that happens, i imagine history will actually apply an asterisk. Again, not a personal attack on you at all, but i do think those facts and that outcome can’t be marginalised.

Arsenal seem intent on throwing the title, the remarkable similarity between them and Tottenham, to have everything handed to them on a plate and somehow still bottle so hard they'd outstrip Molson Coors in bottling efficiency is somewhat a sick poetic justice.

That said the decider will be the Arsenal City game.

The FA Cup is theirs, we don't beat Brighton.

The Champions League is Real. That's the team not the adjective.
How are Arsenal intent on throwing away the title ?

Honestly they're scary. Graelish and Bernardo spent large chunks of the game against Bayern playing as fullbacks, and did it well too. Stuff like that is just scary to see. They're razor sharp, not only is nobody batting an eye at sacrificing for the good of the team, they're thriving at it, physically they look like they're flying, like they could play 3 games in a night no problem, they're fast, they're technical, they have the individual talent, and are probably the best coached side in the world

All jokes about Pep and Madrid exceptionalism aside, I don't see another Bernabeu miracle happening and that's about the only way we can beat them i fear

not a personal attack on you, or questioning your support for your club, and that is a lovely story bout your dad and really what it’s all about.

BUT, literally any club in England could have done what city have done, with morally questionable, nation state owners pumping billions in to use a club as a propaganda tool, and cheating repeatedly (over 100 separate charges) to do it. City have no rivals that consider them bigger than someone else (United and Liverpool both view each other bigger), and history will always look at these achievements with an asterisk, and that’s without any of the 100 charges sticking. When that happens, i imagine history will actually apply an asterisk. Again, not a personal attack on you at all, but i do think those facts and that outcome can’t be marginalised.

This is it though, isn't it. It could have been Everton, Spurs, Newcastle (now done) or Aston Villa who would probably all have been better candidates as at least they all have decent fan bases and a modicum of history.

It'd be absolutely hilarious if they get past Bayern and Madrid and are prohibitive favorites for the final, only to lose against against a one in a million Italian tactical mastercalss

Put £1000 on City winning the treble.

Or whatever you're willing to pay to prevent City from winning it.

Best case scenario, you lose your money and buy some laughs.

Worst case scenario, you're whatever amount richer. And they don't have fans so you won't even notice they won the treble

It’s mad that the bookies only have it at 4/1. Short odds.

Mental that the main City fan on here thinks they may only win one trophy,yeah right that is definitely reverse psychology

They’re catching us up. In every aspect. I feel there’s a real denial around them because of how they obtained these trophies. Unfortunately for us though, in the future, when people look at all their trophies, it won’t actually matter. They are stamping themselves into the history books.

they are on the verge of a treble (it could really really happen).

they are on the verge of a third title in a row.

if they win it this year they will of won five out of the last six.

haaland has broken Ruuds record.

they are leading the race for Bellingham (this for me shows that they are getting the big talents to want to join them) there squad is already ridiculous. Previously they refused to spend big big big money on individuals, they were known for being a team full of 50mil players. They are now adding the superstars to their teams (the cherry on top and the icing if you like). The 100mil + players. The poster boys, the record beaters. These players make young kids want to support them. How many of us support united because of the players from the past it has had? The Beckhams, the bests, the rooneys… City are now getting this appeal, it was always their plan. Mass appeal players bring in pundits. Why else did they spend 100mil on Grealish? They didn’t need him.. but he is englands poster boy and darling and it was a smart move from them (he is also a brilliant footballler of course).

Basically they have the best of everything right now. The best manager, best facilities, Winning big trophies, sweeping up the generational talent, building an ever growing fanbase with the youth of today and the future.. and yet people don’t understand why some would prefer arsenal to win the league this season over them. Of course the arsenal rivalry back in the day was huge, but it hasn’t been for years. Yes AFTV is annoying as feck as are their fanbase.. but they are not as far ahead of us as city are. City are a bigger threat to us imo. They are a long way from us.. and the gap will grow if they win the treble. It will be pretty shite for us if they can match our biggest accomplishment.

I could be wrong.
I think that's all true but where we differ is that I think it already happened. Pep's team will easily be remembered as one of the greatest teams in English football history and are set on their way to be another big club like us, Liverpool and Arsenal. Surpassing us and Liverpool historically will always be about the number of titles and European Cups. Being a big club has already happened and matching this record or that achievement is not going to change that. It would suck if our unique Treble is matched by them but it wouldn't speed up their progress, just like not getting it would not slow it down.

What I would say though is that progress is never linear. For all their money, there is no way in hell they will sustain this form without Pep just like we couldn't without Fergie. We had all the money in the world despite what some of our fans would like to pretend but still couldn't manage even competing, let alone winning. Super successful eras like theirs or ours in the '90s or even if you extend it globally to the likes of the late great Barcelona side never ever happen just because of one reason. They are uniquely successful usually because a bunch of factors aligned at the perfect time and place. You take away one element and it wouldn't be as successful, otherwise we would see it so much more often.

In our case, our rise coincided perfectly with the mammooth rise in PL revenue thanks to broadcasting rights which made us easily the richest club in the world and gave us a huge advantage over our rivals domestically. We weren't exactly Bayern in the Bundesliga but were pretty damn close. Add to it the rise of an unparalelled generation of home grown talent. How often do you see 5 or 6 top, top players coming from a club's academy? And of course possessing the greatest British manager in history to steer all of these factors and make them land. I'd even add having one of the best players in the history of the game for 3 great years is another factor.

Barcelona had a similar thing with their academy, coming at the same time as having the greatest player of his era, a one off talent as well as one of the greatest tacticians and coaches the game has ever seen. City are the same, their success will definitely not be sustained to the same level once Pep leaves. if they manage to catch up on our title numbers even after he leaves without us being able to create another era of success. Well then we're just not as big as we think we are I am afraid, because that would have to take another decade or two.

I am not even angry about City winning it. Who cares. But Pep winning it, it is just killing me. Biggest cheque book manager ever will be praised as one of the best managers ever for doing it.

I am not even angry about City winning it. Who cares. But Pep winning it, it is just killing me. Biggest cheque book manager ever will be praised as one of the best managers ever for doing it.
Why do you think City are winning trebles now and not finishing 4th and winning nothing like they did the season before Pep? You can’t argue with the talent of the manager, he’s brilliant.

The issue I have is that Pep’s even at City in the first place, alongside all those brilliant players. They’re a relatively small club being funded by fecking Abu Dhabi getting in all these brilliant managers and players. It’s a joke.

Why do you think City are winning trebles now and not finishing 4th and winning nothing like they did the season before Pep? You can’t argue with the talent of the manager, he’s brilliant.

The issue I have is that Pep’s even at City in the first place, alongside all those brilliant players. They’re a relatively small club being funded by fecking Abu Dhabi getting in all these brilliant managers and players. It’s a joke.
He is not brilliant. They were winning titles without him with Mancini and Pellegrini. He is a manager who needs unlimited budget (or having by far best team in league) to play "his" football.
Look at his career; best ever team (Barca), Bayern (with which any manager would win title) and City with unlimited budget.

He is not brilliant. They were winning titles without him with Mancini and Pellegrini. He is a manager who needs unlimited budget (or having by far best team in league) to play "his" football.
Look at his career; best ever team (Barca), Bayern (with which any manager would win title) and City with unlimited budget.

He doesn't need an unlimited budget. He took over a Barca team that had finished 3rd in La Liga behind the mighty Villareal. He shipped out Ronaldinho and Deco, and only brought Alves in 2008. The result? His team won all 6 trophies his team took part in.
Where was the unlimited budget in this instance?

He doesn't need an unlimited budget. He took over a Barca team that had finished 3rd in La Liga behind the mighty Villareal. He shipped out Ronaldinho and Deco, and only brought Alves in 2008. The result? His team won all 6 trophies his team took part in.
He inherited most talented team in history of fooball lead my best player in history of football. And still needed refs help to win CL. Both times.
In bundesliga he won title which was won even by Niko Kovac before him. And he spent heavily even then. In CL with Bayern he was trashed in every single CL as soon he encountered top team.
In City he needed to spent billion on already best team in PL. And he again needed best striker in the world to be close to winning CL.

I said many times; if you have unlimited budget and top team he is the man for you. He WILL build you a maschine. But in any other team, he would fail. In other words, guy is overrated and shouldn't be in same sentence with Jose, Carlo, Fergie, Wenger.....

That Barcelona team was massively under performing and 3rd did not reflect their incredible quality. The bulk of that team had already won the euros that summer and had shown that they were ready for greatness. Plus, they had Messi who is comfortably the best footballer I’ve seen.

He’s obviously a great manager who did a terrific job with Barcelona but it’s a real anomaly in the conditions he had there. Everywhere else he’s had a huge upper hand over all his rivals. Even in the CL they’re favourite’s nearly every season because although Madrid and Co have been winning it every year City usually have the strongest squad. Guess he needed even more cushion to win it in two quality CFs in Halaand and Alavarez

He inherited most talented team in history of fooball lead my best player in history of football. And still needed refs help to win CL. Both times.
In bundesliga he won title which was won even by Niko Kovac before him. And he spent heavily even then. In CL with Bayern he was trashed in every single CL as soon he encountered top team.
In City he needed to spent billion on already best team in PL. And he again needed best striker in the world to be close to winning CL.

I said many times; if you have unlimited budget and top team he is the man for you. He WILL build you a maschine. But in any other team, he would fail. In other words, guy is overrated and shouldn't be in same sentence with Jose, Carlo, Fergie, Wenger.....

So many wrong points here.
Pep didn't "spend heavily" at Bayern. He spent 130 million on 10 players in total, thats 13 million on average each player, hardly earth shattering.
And this "most talented team in history " What did those Barca players win before he arrived? They finished 3rd Behind the mighty Villareal.
And lastly, you say Pep shouldn't even be mentioned with Wenger? How many Euro Cups does Wenger have? Heck, how many league titles?
And Carlo? Great cup manager, but which of his teams dominated domestically? 20 years of coaching some great teams and never dominated a single league. Solitary league titles at all the clubs he managed. You can't be a GOAT contender and never dominate a single league. Pep is well clear of both.
Quite frankly, Pep just needs 2 more CLs and a few more league titles and even he will surpass Sir Alex.
Look at Peps potential resume in 5/6 years.
13/14 league titles, 3/4 CLs, dominant in Spain, Germany and England, and potentially 2 of the greatest European club sides of the last 40 years, nevermind his tactical influence and trend setting. He will be the greatest.

My dad attended the 1956 FA Cup Final, and took me to my first game at Maine Road in April 1971. He was the reason why I support City, so when he died in October 2011, it was the worst day of my life.
Two weeks later City won 6-1 at Old Trafford, and when Aguero scored the 93:20 v QPR, my first reaction was to literally burst in tears.

In stark contrast, I've attended all of City's CL fixtures this season and am also travelling to Munich next week. However, my only pleasure from winning the competition would be the schadenfreude gained from the collective outpouring of media grief. They simply despise us and the feeling is mutual

I don't mind if people don't like City, but don't lie about us. Most of the "cheating" accusations are based around how Mancini was paid over ten years ago, and have no relevance to the current situation, whereby City's scouting network can source a relatively unknown Argentinian like Alvarez, whilst other clubs squander huge fortunes. Yes, we've made mistakes, but nowadays they're far and few between.

Will City win the Treble?
Probably not, but if I was a United fan I'd be far more concerned with City's continual growth, both on and off the pitch.
How do you explain generating bigger revenue than us, Liverpool, Real, Barcelona and Bayern?

In a weird way I think it’s probably better for you lot if City win a treble rather than someone like Liverpool or Arsenal due to the artificial nature of it.

So many wrong points here.
Pep didn't "spend heavily" at Bayern. He spent 130 million on 10 players in total, thats 13 million on average each player, hardly earth shattering.
And this "most talented team in history " What did those Barca players win before he arrived? They finished 3rd Behind the mighty Villareal.
And lastly, you say Pep shouldn't even be mentioned with Wenger? How many Euro Cups does Wenger have? Heck, how many league titles?
And Carlo? Great cup manager, but which of his teams dominated domestically? 20 years of coaching some great teams and never dominated a single league. Solitary league titles at all the clubs he managed. You can't be a GOAT contender and never dominate a single league. Pep is well clear of both.
Quite frankly, Pep just needs 2 more CLs and a few more league titles and even he will surpass Sir Alex.
Look at Peps potential resume in 5/6 years.
13/14 league titles, 3/4 CLs, dominant in Spain, Germany and England, and potentially 2 of the greatest European club sides of the last 40 years, nevermind his tactical influence and trend setting. He will be the greatest.
Where Ancelotti dominated? You can't be serious? Guy won all big five leagues. Plus 4 CLs. His Milan is one of the greatest teams ever. And he didn't pick always best team in league. He built it. Pep is nowhere near him.
Pep dominated in Germany where he inherited team which won treble year before. And team with which all managers after him won domestic title. Niko Kovac (average manager) even won double with aging team without buying anyone.
In Barca he inherited a team with Iniesta, Puyol, Xavi, Messi, Eto'o, Valdes... which won CL 2 years before.
In City he inherited strongest team (by players) with Aguero, Kompany, Toure, De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Silva...basically backbone of the team.

All he did in all clubs was putting cherry on the top.
He is talented manager by all means. But he avoided any challenge in his career. Picked best teams in league and making them better. For which i do give him credit. Because as i said; if you have talented team and money, he is the guy for you.