Luton Town in the Championship

Unless it’s Millwall and you’re non-white.

Agreed, the maddest thing is that south London is super multicultural as an area but Millwall have managed to maintain that proud racially divisive feel despite some fans protests that they are not a racist club.

Family club
The family:

imrs.php

Chelsea have more dickhead fans than Millwall do.

I wouldn't mind Luton getting up, always look out for their results.

Luton coming up would be fun for a year. Standing on the steps going into the away end & watching the number of United lads jumping through all the back yards to jib in would be interesting.

Luton is one dreary shithole. Don’t care for the place, don’t care for the team. They’re welcome to come up though, that I have no problem with.

Chelsea have more dickhead fans than Millwall do.

Of course. Way more in fact.

The dickhead % for all team"s fans is very similar. There's no teams with a significantly higher (or lower) moron ratio.

I'd imagine most people on this site have never met a single Millwall fan. Christ, I was born and raised in London and think I've met one.

I'd love it if either came up, need a bit of variety considering Burnley and Sheff U are coming up automatically.

Also Kenilworth Road in the PL would be class!

As expected, bloody Wigan. Usually it's someone like Rotherham, but par for the course.

I’d like Coventry to come up or Blackburn

I’d be more concerned with State Ownership models in the EPL sucking the soul out the game with their unlimited finances personally

Luton are building a new stadium, was meant to be completed by 2024, but as far as I know they haven't laid the first brick yet due to planning issues with a power station.

I think Kenilworth Road will have to have a few updates to it but I don't see why they couldn't play Premiership games there?

Luton is a bit of a dive, especially around the ground, but it ain't that bad really.

Luton is well known for being one of the worst areas and worst grounds in the leagues.
In the away end if you're over about 5ft 8 the seats are very difficult to sit in. Also, due to the Taylor report insisting on all seaters, they just chucked these seats over terracing. This means you have 2 levels around each seat meaning it doesn't take much crowd jostling to end up on your ass.
Plus a few pillars to block views too.

All with the farce of looking into people's houses as you walk into the ground.

Luton is well known for being one of the worst areas and worst grounds in the leagues.
In the away end if you're over about 5ft 8 the seats are very difficult to sit in. Also, due to the Taylor report insisting on all seaters, they just chucked these seats over terracing. This means you have 2 levels around each seat meaning it doesn't take much crowd jostling to end up on your ass.
Plus a few pillars to block views too.

All with the farce of looking into people's houses as you walk into the ground.
I know, I've been there!

I'd look forward to an away day like that should it come around,

Isn’t Millwall located in Isle of Dogs, near Canary Wharf? I found that place absolutely stunning.

Or I am missing something?

Isn’t Millwall located in Isle of Dogs, near Canary Wharf? I found that place absolutely stunning.

Or I am missing something?

Millwall the place is on the Isle of Dogs, near Canary Wharf. Millwall the football team moved south of the Thames over 100 years ago and aren't actually in Millwall.

Check out Google Maps if you want to see what the area around Millwall's ground is like. It's all subjective but "stunning" is not the term I'd use!

Agreed, the maddest thing is that south London is super multicultural as an area but Millwall have managed to maintain that proud racially divisive feel despite some fans protests that they are not a racist club.

Millwall Football Club are not racist. They try hard with community projects. Its the fans that are the problem

The dickhead % for all team"s fans is very similar. There's no teams with a significantly higher (or lower) moron ratio.

I'd imagine most people on this site have never met a single Millwall fan. Christ, I was born and raised in London and think I've met one.

No the %dickhead is much higher

The average Millwall fan you meet in normal life is okay, because you have selected out all the hardcore lunatics

Millwall the place is on the Isle of Dogs, near Canary Wharf. Millwall the football team moved south of the Thames over 100 years ago and aren't actually in Millwall.

Check out Google Maps if you want to see what the area around Millwall's ground is like. It's all subjective but "stunning" is not the term I'd use!
Thanks and fair enough. Checked in Google and looks a shithole.

I meant stunning for Canary Wharf and the places in Isle of Dogs near Canary Wharf. But the stadium of Millwall seems to not be there.

I've always kind of liked Luton since their last minute heroics at Maine Road to relegate citeh back in the day, Raddy Antic....David Pleat....small boys in the park.....jumpers for goalposts, isn't it? Also remember us winning 5-0 at Kenilworth Road, and aside from that Luton were an enjoyable team to watch in the 80s with a cool kit as well. So Luton are alright by me.

Millwall though. I was visiting London in 1997 (it was that glorious day we won 4-0 away to Leeds where Eric scored in the last minute and did that iconic feck you celebration in front of the home chimps). We were on the platform at London Bridge station on Saturday teatime and all of a sudden a metric feckton of replica kit clad Millwall primates came stampeding down the platform. feck me, I've never seen such a set of identikit neathandral troggs. So many pasty faced, ugly as fecking sin skinheads (picture a cross between a non-athletic Jonjo Shelvey and a non-ironic version of Al Murray) in one place. I had to go to the toilet and it was crawling with them. Felt like I was in a confined space with half the membership of the NF. It was a really unpleasant atmosphere. Nothing happened but I couldn't wait to get out of there :lol: In all my years attending football I've never felt such unease around a set of fans.

I take great delight in the fact that Millwall seem to be perenially trapped in some sort of mid-table Championship purgatory, let's hope that continues.

My wife lived in Bristol for a time and Millwall were playing Bristol City at Aston Gate, a bunch of people smashed up the pub she was working in and stopped a coach and we're basically beating the shit out of people in front of kids etc.

It's like they take their reputation of being cnuts and revel in it.
:lol:

Part of the glorious charm of British football — the ongoing promotion/relegation war — is the prospect of clubs like Millwall joining the party for a season or two.

I once met a Millwall fan born and bred in Bolton. He'd supported them for fifty years or so because he liked their vibe, but from the ten minute chat I had with him he didn't seem a bad guy to be fair :lol:

If Millwall do come up to the Premier League expect policing, stewarding and monitoring in their games to go up ten fold..

Because Millwall are game expect elements of other clubs to try and have a go at them and probably settle a few old scores...

It wasnt long ago in 2019 (FA Cup) Everton fans had a ruck with at Millwall at a local south London estate.
resulting in some scouser getting his face slashed.

I saw united play Milwall at Old Trafford in the 1988-89 season. They had Sheringham and Cascarino up front and were not half bad, in an eighties up and at em way. The fans were a bit boisterous OK but they didn't sing about Munich, unlike the scousers and the cops were all over them like a rash.
I quite enjoyed the game because United won comfortably, 3-0 from memory. Milwall stayed up and had a really good first season in the old first division before tailing off and getting relegated after two or three years later.
Luton were in the First division for years with Mark Stein and Mick Harford up front. The plastic pitch at Kenilworth Road used to cripple at least three players a year. Their chairman was a knob back then, wanted electric fences for away fans from memory ( or maybe that was Ken Bates, there were a lot of dickhead chairmen back then )

I've always kind of liked Luton since their last minute heroics at Maine Road to relegate citeh back in the day, Raddy Antic....David Pleat....small boys in the park.....jumpers for goalposts, isn't it? Also remember us winning 5-0 at Kenilworth Road, and aside from that Luton were an enjoyable team to watch in the 80s with a cool kit as well. So Luton are alright by me.

Millwall though. I was visiting London in 1997 (it was that glorious day we won 4-0 away to Leeds where Eric scored in the last minute and did that iconic feck you celebration in front of the home chimps). We were on the platform at London Bridge station on Saturday teatime and all of a sudden a metric feckton of replica kit clad Millwall primates came stampeding down the platform. feck me, I've never seen such a set of identikit neathandral troggs. So many pasty faced, ugly as fecking sin skinheads (picture a cross between a non-athletic Jonjo Shelvey and a non-ironic version of Al Murray) in one place. I had to go to the toilet and it was crawling with them. Felt like I was in a confined space with half the membership of the NF. It was a really unpleasant atmosphere. Nothing happened but I couldn't wait to get out of there :lol: In all my years attending football I've never felt such unease around a set of fans.

I take great delight in the fact that Millwall seem to be perenially trapped in some sort of mid-table Championship purgatory, let's hope that continues.

I worked in London briefly back in the late 90s. At one point I was dating an LSE student, an Indian woman, who shared a flat in New Cross. I remember vividly trying to convince her, and a friend of hers, that having a drink in a certain pub not far from her place was not a good idea - as the place was known for being frequented by Millwall fans of the NF type.

Long story short - nothing too horrible happened that night, just some nasty comments. But shortly after, one of her flatmates had a very narrow escape from a group of "lads" of the same variety, on her way home (she was Indian too). After which my ex moved.

Anyway - this was a long time ago, and I'm sure New Cross is grand now (?). But back then the connection between Millwall (fans, obviously, not the club) and the NF was very much real and pretty hard to ignore.

ETA Other than an incident at Elland Road (which was just sheer stupidity on my part), the most uneasy I've ever felt around opposition fans in England was around the same time (mid 90s, thereabouts): Away at Wimbledon (when they played at Selhurst Park). Getting back from the stadium, we (my cousin and I) somehow ended up at the wrong (not the nearest, most obvious) station.

And then ended up sharing a train ride (as it were) with about ten Millwall fans (had nothing to do with the match, unless they for some reason had decided to attend Wimbledon-United) who were extremely hostile in spite of our efforts at diplomacy. They got off the train at our stop too, but then to our relief we noticed a bobby of immense proportions (he was like seven feet tall), so we spent about half an hour quizzing him about the best ways to get to wherever it was we were going...and by the time he was about to kick us in the balls, the Millwall twats were gone.

Last edited:
I worked in London briefly back in the late 90s. At one point I was dating an LSE student, an Indian woman, who shared a flat in New Cross. I remember vividly trying to convince her, and a friend of hers, that having a drink in a certain pub not far from her place was not a good idea - as the place was known for being frequented by Millwall fans of the NF type.

Long story short - nothing too horrible happened that night, just some nasty comments. But shortly after, one of her flatmates had a very narrow escape from a group of "lads" of the same variety, on her way home (she was Indian too). After which my ex moved.

Anyway - this was a long time ago, and I'm sure New Cross is grand now (?). But back then the connection between Millwall (fans, obviously, not the club) and the NF was very much real and pretty hard to ignore.

ETA Other than an incident at Elland Road (which was just sheer stupidity on my part), the most uneasy I've ever felt around opposition fans in England was around the same time (mid 90s, thereabouts): Away at Wimbledon (when they played at Selhurst Park). Getting back from the stadium, we (my cousin and I) somehow ended up at the wrong (not the nearest, most obvious) station.

And then ended up sharing a train ride (as it were) with about ten Millwall fans (had nothing to do with the match, unless they for some reason had decided to attend Wimbledon-United) who were extremely hostile in spite of our efforts at diplomacy. They got off the train at our stop too, but then to our relief we noticed a bobby of immense proportions (he was like seven feet tall), so we spent about half an hour quizzing him about the best ways to get to wherever it was we were going...and by the time he was about to kick us in the balls, the Millwall twats were gone.

Scary situation, and then imagine it in the fecking ‘80s… if you weren’t white.

It’s also always worth remembering what these shitheads have subjected black players to as well.

Luxury

I went to a Grimsby game. Stewards racially abused us on the way in. We had broken glass all over our seats, heroin openly injected on the terraces. Children sacrificed to the gods at half time and then the chairman punched everyone in the face. Wonderful 24 hours.
:lol:

It’s also always worth remembering what these shitheads have subjected black players to as well.

Yes, undoubtedly. And - like I said - the connection was obvious back then. It's not like they were hiding it. You'd see "proud skinheads" sporting swastika tattoos under (or combined with) their club logo tattoos.

This wasn't exclusive to Millwall fans, of course. Back then you would see it with Chelsea and West Ham fans too, but less and less the further removed from the 80s. *

But from what I hear, the problem with Millwall is that this ugly, old aspect of "fan culture" still remains into the 2020s.

Which may explain why some people don't want them in the PL (I mean, come on - it's obviously the main reason: not just their historical reputation, but the fact that they still seem to attract racist, neo-Nazi cnuts in spite of active efforts from the club itself).

* It wasn't just London clubs either, before anyone makes that point. But the NF (National Front) link to football (hooligans) was more associated with some clubs than others, and London clubs were over-represented.

Last edited: