Luton Town in the Championship

I've only ever travelled to the south of England twice, once to Bristol and once to London. Family used to live near Weston Super Mare but I was very young and I don't remember it much. But even with that lack of knowledge I know that Millwall cannot be described as anything other than an absolute shithole populated by total cnuts.
Think the place itself is massively gentrified now, so you are correct but possibly for the wrong reasons.

1920px-Millwall_Dock.jpg

Think the place itself is massively gentrified now, so you are correct but possibly for the wrong reasons.

1920px-Millwall_Dock.jpg
I expected to see more allotments and old miner's houses. I'm severely disappointed.

1920px-Millwall_Dock.jpg
Millwall hasn't been based in Millwall though, for probably more than half a century. It's ground is Zampa Road in Bermondsey and it's training ground is in Downham. Both of which are shit holes.

I've only ever travelled to the south of England twice, once to Bristol and once to London. Family used to live near Weston Super Mare but I was very young and I don't remember it much. But even with that lack of knowledge I know that Millwall cannot be described as anything other than an absolute shithole populated by total cnuts.

My wife lived in Bristol for a time and Millwall were playing Bristol City at Aston Gate, a bunch of people smashed up the pub she was working in and stopped a coach and we're basically beating the shit out of people in front of kids etc.

It's like they take their reputation of being cnuts and revel in it.

Wonder if a half and half scarf would help whilst walking to the Den of we play them.

Millwall hasn't been based in Millwall though, for probably more than half a century. It's ground is Zampa Road in Bermondsey and it's training ground is in Downham. Both of which are shit holes.
Bits of Bermondsey are alright and it's pretty central. Other parts are admittedly rough, but nothing like Shadwell.

yuck. i suspect some of the people that live in their houses may be working class.

Bits of Bermondsey are alright and it's pretty central. Other parts are admittedly rough, but nothing like Shadwell.
Yeah, beer mile is decent, but the area around the ground is crap. Shadwell, is comically rough. I used to play 5 aside round there and we went to a few pubs after, felt like dark tourism.

Luton are building a new stadium, was meant to be completed by 2024, but as far as I know they haven't laid the first brick yet due to planning issues with a power station.

I think Kenilworth Road will have to have a few updates to it but I don't see why they couldn't play Premiership games there?

Luton is a bit of a dive, especially around the ground, but it ain't that bad really.

Surely we should all want Luton to come up as we have a chance of more Nathan Jones.

Yeah, beer mile is decent, but the area around the ground is crap. Shadwell, is comically rough. I used to play 5 aside round there and we went to a few pubs after, felt like dark tourism.
I lived in Limehouse on Commercial Road, down from Shadwell, for a year about 20 years ago. Shadwell had an air of genuine menace those days and you made zero eye contact with anyone and were glad to get the hell out of there. Having a half burnt out block of flats in the middle next to the DLR station set the tone for the place.
I had to drop off an emergency covid sample in a Bermondsey industrial estate the other year and it was pretty grim round that part.

When the scrotes were looting the whole city and the police were doing jack shit the Millwall lot made sure they turned around when they got to Bermondsey.

Then there was also the guy who fought the terrorists at Borough Market shouting that he was Millwall.

When the scrotes were looting the whole city and the police were doing jack shit the Millwall lot made sure they turned around when they got to Bermondsey.
I see that more as their fans being true to form and looking for any excuse for a scrap tbh

I see that more as their fans being true to form and looking for any excuse for a scrap tbh

Not on this occasion. The police were standing by and watching so a few places in London had to sort their own protection out, not just Millwall.

Racism increases by 800 per cent

I can only imagine the carnage should West Ham and Millwall be in the league at the same time.

Isn’t this comment discriminative in itself? Sure there will be idiots, but you can’t tar them all with the same brush

Far more interesting than having Norwich or West Brom up yet again.

I lived in Limehouse on Commercial Road, down from Shadwell, for a year about 20 years ago. Shadwell had an air of genuine menace those days and you made zero eye contact with anyone and were glad to get the hell out of there. Having a half burnt out block of flats in the middle next to the DLR station set the tone for the place.
I had to drop off an emergency covid sample in a Bermondsey industrial estate the other year and it was pretty grim round that part.
That was where one of the pubs I was in, that little parade of shops before you hit the DLR station. It was an interesting few pints. Fantastic restaurants along the main road though.

the shiteness of the catchment area is only half the millwall problem. Their reputation attracts nazis and wannabe hardmen from all over the south.

A trip to a shithole ground is one of football's true joys, especially if you're used to identikit modern stadiums. Shit is the spice of life as I believe the saying goes.

A trip to a shithole ground is one of football's true joys, especially if you're used to identikit modern stadiums. Shit is the spice of life as I believe the saying goes.
There's shit and then there's shit and as someone who has seen a lot of shit I know shit when I shee it

Was there last year, animal masks, stone islands, cocaine and joints used openly in the bathrooms. It was an experience all right, and I’ve seen a lot. Thought the atmosphere would be good though, it wasn’t. Think they sang ”Millwall” once, other than that nothing, just a lot of booing and cursing. Lovely day.

Whats a stone island out of curiosity?

They won't be allowed to play at their ground as it doesn't meet the requirements, looks like you are walking through someone's back garden to get into parts of the ground.
That's the same with Fulham but it's William Shakespeare's back garden.

Feck, Millwall. Only club I'd welcome liquidation. Feck them from the top to the bottom, from the players to the fans. Feck the fecking groundsman, feck Millwall.

I grew up in and around that area…I fully agree with these statements.