Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nani is up there with the best pure wingers in the world. He is worth 25-30 milliion should we be stupid enough to want rid

Yeah without considering the stupid prices these days for unproven players, 30-35 mil is where we should consider.

:lol:

You don't like him much right?
I like him, but I just can't understand why so many people wank over him.

As I wrote, he's a (very) good winger, but the only people that think Nani's a world class winger are United fans.

I think we shouldn't sell him for anything less than £578m.

I like him, but I just can't understand why so many people wank over him.

As I wrote, he's a (very) good winger, but the only people that think Nani's a world class winger are United fans.

On form he is pretty much unstoppable but he needs to add consistency (which he had for a while 12-18 months ago). There are very few better wingers on the planet, maybe robben but otherwise he is up there with the rest

You see, consistency (a key word) and 12-18 months ago (very important as well).

Can we Nani United career stats please?

Especially last 3 seasons?
2007-08: 26 (15) - 4
2008-09: 24 (7) - 6
2009-10: 30 (4) - 7
2010-11: 42 (7) - 10
2011-12: 32 (8) - 10
2012-13: 5 (1) - 1

Total: 159 (42) - 38.

Season: starts (subs) - goals, assists.

2007-08: 26 (15) - 4, 11
2008-09: 24 (7) - 6, 2
2009-10: 30 (4) - 7, 9
2010-11: 42 (7) - 10, 14
2011-12: 32 (8) - 10, 13
2012-13: 5 (1) - 1, 2

Total: 159 (42) - 38, 51.

Okay, he's world class now. I join you. Now stats tell the truth about a footballer, when they mean a United player is shit, they always lie.

Now 21 goals , 29 assists in 79 starts (16 sub appearances) is pretty good.(Last 3 seasons where he has been good)

And stats don't the full story too........

Thanks for those stats, as always Maciek.

I would think that making or scoring 24 goals in 2010-11 from the wing would make him one of the most productive players in that position.

Then he managed 23 made or scored while starting 10 fewer games the next season.

I don't know if that's world class, but it's certainly classy.

How would you rate Giggs if you did the same thing with his statistics for any block of six years Maciek?

He had more than 14 assists in 2010/11. I remember it being about 20.

Yeah he had 18 alone in the PL which is when he set a new record.

Selling Nani for less than 20m would be silly imo. We're not going to get anyone of similar quality for that amount and a good young winger won't cost much less than that. We paid around 18m for Young when he had a year left on his contract, about 17m for Valencia, Nani is better than both of them were when we signed them. I'd def put nani in nasri's class so about 24mil, with 2 years left would be about right for me. Bale isn't better than Nani and only 2 years younger and we nor anyone else won't get near his unless around the 30m mark.

A Nani on top form whom we didn't want to sell would def command nearer 30m, as he's running down towards the latter parts of his contract and us likely being the ones trying to make the move happen would prob bring down the fee but in normal conditions he's def worth closer to Nani.

When people say they don't consider him world class in his position I'm always curious as to who they think is world class there. Nani can be frustrating but he produces the goods more often than not as the statisitics showed. Even last year he matched Valencia for actual output. Personally I think if we can get him back in form and in a new more fluid style he could thrive even more.

Season: starts (subs) - goals, assists.

2007-08: 26 (15) - 4, 11
2008-09: 24 (7) - 6, 2
2009-10: 30 (4) - 7, 9
2010-11: 42 (7) - 10, 14
2011-12: 32 (8) - 10, 13
2012-13: 5 (1) - 1, 2

Total: 159 (42) - 38, 51.

Okay, he's world class now. I join you. Now stats tell the truth about a footballer, when they mean a United player is shit, they always lie.

According to transfermarkt.co.uk

Season: appearances - goals, assists.

2007-08: 41 - 4, 13
2008-09: 30 - 6, 4
2009-10: 34 - 6, 15
2010-11: 49 - 10, 20
2011-12: 40 - 10, 15
2012-13: 6 - 1, 2

Total: 200 - 37, 69

I know the goal total on that site is most likely wrong as stretfordend.co.uk says he's got 38 goals but the assists should be roughly right - the real figure is probably something in between around the 63/64 mark.

12-15 mil for one the best wingers in the world?

Or is he a shit player now because of a few poor matches?

I was talking about the price we would get from those pesky Italians. Should have quoted it better.

Anyways, I don't think we are going to get >20m for him. Let's look at the teams that pay that much and their needs:

(1) Real Madrid: Don't need him. Have wingers/wide-forwards who are better or of similar ability.
(2) Barcelona: Don't need him. Won't buy him.
(3) City: Might do it to slight us but will we sell to them?
(4) Chelsea: Don't need him. Have Mata, Hazard, Moses, Marin etc.
(5) Bayern: Don't need him. Ribery, Robben, Shaqiri
(6) The Italians, who are going to take the full advantage of the situation and would try to get him for fees closer to 15m. Italian football doesn't have money to afford luxuries anymore.

We better hope that PSG or some Russian clubs are in for him. Otherwise, I might be more right than all of you think I am.

Imagine getting 12-15m for Nani in this day and age...that would be so fecking retarded. In a world whereby Carroll has gone for £35m, Lescott and Milner for ungodly sums of money, Downing for £20m and other such madness...Nani for 12-15m.

Imagine getting 12-15m for Nani in this day and age...that would be so fecking retarded. In a world whereby Carroll has gone for £35m, Lescott and Milner for ungodly sums of money, Downing for £20m and other such madness...Nani for 12-15m.

You only mentioned English players who took part of deals made between English clubs.

And we'd be selling him for less than we paid for him initially.

As far as I know we're all talking total bollocks, there is nothing official at all.

I would believe the above statement to be true. I just posted the Milan story because they must be real fecking idiots if they expect him at a cut price 12 million. :lol:

We better hope that PSG or some Russian clubs are in for him. Otherwise, I might be more right than all of you think I am.

I think you are absolutely right in your assessment - objectively he's undoubtedly worth more but I can't see much competition for his signature, certainly not with so little left on his contract.

But then I think he's worth the wages he is reportedly after and should've been offered that weeks ago :(

It'd be great to see Nani come back from the break recharged and ready to go. On form, he's a devastating winger.

Nani played ridiculously within himself tonight. It is mad watching someone of his talent being so conservative when you consider his actual level of ability. A definite confidence thing - hopefully he comes back from international duty firing on all cylinders.

He is always excellent for Portugal, dribbling with ease, crossing, creating chances. Bento probably figured out that he is their probably best player and gave him free role, he is pretty much their playmaker now, like he used to be for us in 2010/11 season, he often plays behind striker too, shit thing for Nani that striker is Hugo Almeida.

According to transfermarkt.co.uk

Season: appearances - goals, assists.

2007-08: 41 - 4, 13
2008-09: 30 - 6, 4
2009-10: 34 - 6, 15
2010-11: 49 - 10, 20
2011-12: 40 - 10, 15
2012-13: 6 - 1, 2

Total: 200 - 37, 69

I know the goal total on that site is most likely wrong as stretfordend.co.uk says he's got 38 goals but the assists should be roughly right - the real figure is probably something in between around the 63/64 mark.

Transfermarkt uses a broader definition for assists, so things such as rebounds and winning penalties are counted as well. Under the conventional definition he most likely has less.

For example, my personal count for the 2010/11 season indicates:
(all competitions)
49 apps (42 GS), 10 goals, 14 assists

under conventional definition (same as Maciek is using I guess)

Both systems have their merits, the transfermarkt definition for assists gives a broader picture of a player's influence, but I've always preferred the conventional definition myself.

Transfermarkt uses a broader definition for assists, so things such as rebounds and winning penalties are counted as well. Under the conventional definition he most likely has less.

For example, my personal count for the 2010/11 season indicates:
(all competitions)
49 apps (42 GS), 10 goals, 14 assists

under conventional definition (same as Maciek is using I guess)

Both systems have their merits, the transfermarkt definition for assists gives a broader picture of a player's influence, but I've always preferred the conventional definition myself.

Ah, ok. That makes sense.

So does the Premier League use the broader definition in their stats? He definitely ended the season top of the assists chart on around 20 according to them but from the sounds of it that includes him winning penalties etc.

He is always excellent for Portugal, dribbling with ease, crossing, creating chances. Bento probably figured out that he is their probably best player and gave him free role, he is pretty much their playmaker now, like he used to be for us in 2010/11 season, he often plays behind striker too, shit thing for Nani that striker is Hugo Almeida.

You must have watched a different game to both myself and a friend who I was texting. We both agreed he was poor, and we are both United fans.

What's the use of having so much talent if he's so inconsistent?

You must have watched a different game to both myself and a friend who I was texting. We both agreed he was poor, and we are both United fans.

What's the use of having so much talent if he's so inconsistent?

Played pretty well tonight I thought, a few over-hit crosses aside.

Being "United fans" means pretty much feck all when it comes to assessments of Nani and his performances.

You only mentioned English players who took part of deals made between English clubs.

Point stands though I think. For a player of Nani's talent and age to go from a club of United's quality for that fee, it would be crazy.

I thought the Kagawa and Cazorla fees were absolute bargains (similar fees), but it was at least a little more understandable in light of the clubs they came from. Hopefully the whole thing is a load of bollocks, but it ever came to it we'd be mad to let him go for less than about £25m (maybe a bit less) I reckon. He's one of the best in his position on the planet.

It was only during 10/11 that we would've laughed off an offer of £30m, perhaps more.

We would be mad to let him go for some of the fees mentioned in here. When teams are paying silly money for unproven players and plenty of rubbish ones as well. Who are we going to bring in to replace nani with less than 20m?

We should be doing our best to sort any issues out if there are any and keeping him.

I got his stats from ESPN website, I'm also pretty sure he had more assists in 2010-11, but I don't really know any other website showing assists...

Hectic, I know what you think, but I also hope you know what I was talking about. I just don't think he's that good as some people think on here, he would be a beast if he was consistent, unfortunately we haven't seen this from him for about a season. Consistence is very important if you're (or you want to be) regarded as a world-class winger.

We're not going to remember Nani as one of the greatest players in United history, and some of posters seem to think different.

You also have to view consistency a bit different when it comes to wingers Maciek. They're a whole different beast than central midfielders.
Wingers have limited space in most teams compared to other players.
Like strikers, they're involvement in games is pretty limited to how much they receive the ball and they are the "safe" player to substitute when goals aren't coming. Also, there are few players that are as often ganged upon as wingers. Nani and Valencia frequently get two players on them because it's easier to double mark a winger without messing up your defensive formation.

Also, we know that he's capable of playing at a high level over a prolonged period. Last season he wasn't as good as he can be, but he wasn't terrible by any means. It's still early doors this season too. Once he gets some game time under his belt he'll be back to form, I'm quite confident of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.