View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Lee565

Yes. People just come up with the lazy ''make him a LB or DM because he is too short to be a CB''. But he was great when he played as a centre back, he wasnt too short at all. I cant remember a situation where he was too short and it caused problems. He dominated taller strikers. He could lose a duel like any defender can but he would take the ball shortly after anyway

He just need to get fully fit (and not partly fit like before) and show people that they are wrong yet again.
He has done, two that stick out is haaland last season and toney.

FerociousCorgis

think next year is make or break for him here with injuries. If he has the same injury issues move him on.

SER19

think next year is make or break for him here with injuries. If he has the same injury issues move him on.
Yeah, it would be a particularly bitter pill to swallow as I think he's excellent and can keep getting better, but we cant keep persisting with injured players. Hopefully its just be a rough 12 months, his record wasnt bad prior to joining.

spiriticon

I can't believe a simple metatarsal fracture has ruined his playing momentum for more than a year.

Shocking management of a relatively small injury.

Oranges038

I can't believe a simple metatarsal fracture has ruined his playing momentum for more than a year.

Shocking management of a relatively small injury.
In my limited knowledge of foot injuries from when I was previously with a consultant who thought I might have had a hairline /stress fracture on my fifth metatarsal. Luckily for me I didn't but essentially what I was told was this.

The 5th metatarsal fracture is an awkward one, they are slower to heal due to lower blood flow to the area but they are also more prone to refracture when healed because of the delayed healing process. Even with surgery there can still be future issues with separation of the bone.

Dr. T

On a related note - what is with the constant slew of real low-level news articles on United these days? Are these in fact interesting to anyone?

Ineos don't like the look of some desks? WRITE IT UP
Brailsford is conducting a review of a review of a review? WRITE IT UP
The team misses a vocal leader because he is a vocal leader and is injured? WRITE IT UP

I can only think of two reasons for this. 1. we are still considered 'box-office', and anything United-based is bound to draw in the eyeballs. 2. We're like Neighbours/Eastenders, an ongoing budget soap drama with very little thought or talent, a media-created monster that must be relentlessly splashed on the back pages.

I reckon we were 1 once, but we've long since become 2.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
In my limited knowledge of foot injuries from when I was previously with a consultant who thought I might have had a hairline /stress fracture on my fifth metatarsal. Luckily for me I didn't but essentially what I was told was this.

The 5th metatarsal fracture is an awkward one, they are slower to heal due to lower blood flow to the area but they are also more prone to refracture when healed because of the delayed healing process. Even with surgery there can still be future issues with separation of the bone.
From experience it's painful and the pain can last for a long time.

Xaviboy

I wouldnt risk him Sunday v Arsenal. He be doing alot of defending as we be pegged back for most of match.

I'd rather he get minutes v Newcastle and Brighton and then he starts cup final.

spiriticon

I think at this point we just make sure he's fully fit and ready for the FA Cup Final and that will be that for this season.

Marwood

He's going to need a couple of games before to the final. You don't want to chuck him in against City after missing most of the season.

BuzzKillington

With how long he’s been out for, I’m not even sure a weak chance of the FA Cup is worth rushing him back for. I’d rather leave him and have him back reliably for next season. But, would be happy to have him back for the final if he’s genuinely recovered.

Blood Mage

He's good but fecking hell he's not some talisman who'll dramatically turn our fortunes around. If Ten Hag thinks he can save his job he's getting desperate.

Adamsk7

Personally I wouldn’t bother playing him. Let him get a proper preseason and go again next year. Our league games are pointless and as good as he is, he’s not gonna dramatically change the result against City, especially when he has been out so long.

I really want him to stay fit next season and we have rushed him back twice now

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Personally I wouldn’t bother playing him. Let him get a proper preseason and go again next year. Our league games are pointless and as good as he is, he’s not gonna dramatically change the result against City, especially when he has been out so long.

I really want him to stay fit next season and we have rushed him back twice now
Yeah, playing him would be pretty selfish and idiotic. Just let him get ready properly for the next season.

Danny

He's good but fecking hell he's not some talisman who'll dramatically turn our fortunes around. If Ten Hag thinks he can save his job he's getting desperate.
He's not, but to be fair to EtH he can massively help with the way he wants to play from the back etc. Not sure it's worth gamble though against City

Irwin99

He's not, but to be fair to EtH he can massively help with the way he wants to play from the back etc. Not sure it's worth gamble though against City
Agreed. He looked so off the pace in the early season but came back against West Ham i think and just looked so influential and reminded us of what we were missing. I think he came back again later and looked rubbish so who knows if he'll really be able to help with the final few games of the season. I'm kind of hoping Varane is also back soon and motivated to go out and finish his United career with a top performance against City.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We've rushed him before and seen the consequences.
You just know we'll do the same again, we just have to hope he doesn't do the same injury again.

Vidooq

People keep mentioning him being rushed back from injury, but his last injury had nothing to do with his previous injury. Coufal fell on his knee awkwardly (intentionally or not, only he knows), which could've happened to any player.

The injury he got before that was reoccurrence of the foot injury he sustained against Sevilla.

His style is reminding me of Vida, 100% in every duel, so I do expect that he will have injuries. Thank God, they are not muscle injuries which are nightmare, as those keep reoccurring once a player starts getting them.

Marching On!

It speaks to Ten Hag’s judgement that his best signing was one he only turned to when he didn’t get his first choice - Timber.

This season has been revolting, yet I dread to think where we’d be if Ten Hag had managed to convince Maguire and McTominay to leave. Not that they’re the answer long term, but they’ve bailed him out so many times this season.

tomaldinho1

It speaks to Ten Hag’s judgement that his best signing was one he only turned to when he didn’t get his first choice - Timber.

This season has been revolting, yet I dread to think where we’d be if Ten Hag had managed to convince Maguire and McTominay to leave. Not that they’re the answer long term, but they’ve bailed him out so many times this season.
Hard to know as we’d have then actually had decent funds to go after more players. Can’t live with hypotheticals.

Sky article saying Licha was keen to play but coaching staff said no which at least seems like there’s a bit of common sense creeping into our injury management situations.