Lionel Messi

My heart skips a beat every time i see this thread bumped, with Liverpool's luck this season i wouldn't be surprised if he missed both legs due to injury.

If Messi somehow appears in front of me, gives me a gun and say "Here shoot yourself". I would happily do that. No questions asked.
Would even right a fecking testimony for him.
What if Messi demanded that you make out with Ed Woodward? Would you do it?

I had my best girl ever because of messi, I met her in a bar and she was a fangirl, she knew about football a lot and I was such a prick being so young, she actually became my first gf, I was like 16 and Messi had just won the u20 WC in holland. Thank god she talked about him and we gained in confidence so we could talk about many other things, but Messi was the key. That should count as an assist hahah

My heart skips a beat every time i see this thread bumped, with Liverpool's luck this season i wouldn't be surprised if he missed both legs due to injury.

97 points without a title is hardly much luck

He hardly runs and clearly is in physical decline I will be surprised if he carries on beyond 35.

Yet he's gonna win the European golden boot again and will finish CL top scorer

Messi doesn’t play well with Argentina l. More than Messi’s was plays, I’d like you to focus on what his teammates do with the ball after he releases it. It’s frustrating to watch

Need the little man to deliver tonight. Don't think the rest of the Barca team currently have enough in them to handle this Liverpool side, hope to be proven very wrong though.

Need the little man to deliver tonight. Don't think the rest of the Barca team currently have enough in them to handle this Liverpool side, hope to be proven very wrong though.
Yeah, hope I’m proven wrong too but the pace and power of Pool might just be too much for Barca. My biggest criticism of Barca for a fair few years now have been that they’re a very “slow” team.

Yeah thats right, perhaps in a few years he will only be as good as the second best player on the planet.
You don't think he's physically declining?

You don't think he's physically declining?

He relies on pace less than ever and his footballing IQ is the highest it’s ever been. It’s certainly not the speed of 2012 Messi but he’s a better playmaker than ever before

He relies on pace less than ever and his footballing IQ is the highest it’s ever been. It’s certainly not the speed of 2012 Messi but he’s a better playmaker than ever before
He won't lose that but not sure how long only that will be good enough at the highest level. His stamina is poor and offers nothing in defensive work rate so he won't be moving into central midfield like some believe.

with his range of passing he could stand in the center circle and spray balls all over the field for 90 mins and still run the game.... bit like scholsy at the end ... can certainly see him renewing his contract and playing on till 2023 think he will be 35 then)... perhaps a year or two of tossing it of in america, china or the middle east at the end.
hes got 690 goals now... could actually see him overtaking bican if he does that
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_men's_footballers_with_500_or_more_goals

He won't lose that but not sure how long only that will be good enough at the highest level. His stamina is poor and offers nothing in defensive work rate so he won't be moving into central midfield like some believe.

At 32 he is significantly better than anyone else right. At 35 he’ll comfortably still be a top ten player in the world. I don’t think he’ll fall off a cliff and go from best
Player in the world to a barely top 40 player in just 3 years. Barca have also done a great job playing him less minutes than ever to keep him fresh.

To me he is saving himself for attack... I wouldn't be surprised if he is among the lowest in terms of running distances. That's by choice to save himself physically. By that perspective he has declined obviously but at the same time if continues to produce which I think he will.... Lots left in him.

He wanted to finish his career with Newell's Old Boys iirc.

good on him if he does that - would be a nice way to finish everything

Another 3 years in spain say 5 more goals this year then 40 goals, 30 goals, 20 goals then a couple of years in argentina say 15 goals and 5 goals and he overtakes Bican as top scorer ever and (injury permitting of course) will end up with over 1000 games played

im pretty late to this thread but i so admire his humility, humbleness and just down to earth though he is one of the if not the best footballer this era has ever seen.

Messi, and the rest of Barça's squad, are going to shut a lot of mouths tonight.

I'm a lot more worried about the game at Anfield.

But tonight I predict Messi will at least score one + one assist.

I’d imagine a long, long time considering he’s still the best and by some margin.

He doesnt run much and just walks on the pitch, he doesnt sprint when he doesnt have a ball and it doesnt really look like he cares or fights for the jersey....

Would anyone even want him at Manchester United?

He doesnt run much and just walks on the pitch, he doesnt sprint when he doesnt have a ball and it doesnt really look like he cares or fights for the jersey....

What? No I would happily have Lukaku, Martial, Rashford and Lingard ahead of him easily.

Swap for Martial? Debatable.

He's lost that explosive pace compared to his peak(like 2010-2011).

I think he's lost some from 2015 too.

Shows just how incredible he was at his best.

Hopefully he turns it up a notch in the 2nd.

Here fishy fishy

That’s every bit as good as Ronaldo vs Portsmouth. Unstoppable. What a FK.