Lionel Messi \ Signs for PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldo couldn’t even lead Juventus to a league title last season despite Juventus winning the previous 9 titles. He joined the by far most dominating team. So pipe down. PSG aren’t even French champions when Messi joins them, although they are by far the superior French team.

Winning with the United side back then? So impressive from Ronaldo. About as impressive as Messi winning with this City side.

Messi’s legacy is set as one of the greatest of all time who WANTED to be a one club man. Now he just wants a pay check, play with his Argentine buddies and possibly win a CL.

Ronaldo won the league with us having not won it for 3 seasons. What are you on about?

Imagine we signed Messi and he turns out totally unable to play in Premier League.

He is better suited for France.

It's La Ligas rules.
It's La Liga's rule for financial fair play which have been agreed and put in place since 2011. It's the same thing AFAIK, adopted for their league.

Imagine we signed Messi and he turns out totally unable to play in Premier League.
How do you not feel completely silly even typing that?

We have a chance to sign the best player of all time that will guarantee us a prem title. I don't understand why we are not going for him. We have the money
Don't think Maradona would be such a good acquisition.

It's La Liga's rule for financial fair play which have been agreed and put in place since 2011. It's the same thing AFAIK, adopted for their league.

How do you not feel completely silly even typing that?

So what are Ligue1 financial fair player rules

When the inevitable tax scandal happens will his excuse be that French numbers are different to Spanish numbers, even when written as actual numbers?

£200k p/w plus £70m signing on fee will give him equivalent wages of £880k p/w over 2 years.

Would actually make sense for most top clubs, won’t break their wage structure and sining on fee = ok transfer fee . For comparison City signed Graelish for £100m plus £200k p/w plus who knows how many million signing on fee and agent fee.
Well PSG apparently are offering ~675k EUR p/w NET, plus signing fee, so ..

Your right he's really struggled playing against the Premier leagues best teams :lol:

It's the rest I think he would struggle with over 38 games.

In La Liga, most teams lay off him and let him run 4 or 5 times a game. Premier league will be more physical so he will have less room to stroll for 75 minutes like he did last season.

In France, The Direction Nationale du Contrôle de Gestion (DNCG) is responsible for administering, monitoring and overseeing the accounts of all professional clubs to ensure that owners are being financially prudent. Sanctions for non-compliance include transfer embargoes, reduced playing squads, demotion or even expulsion from the league. Despite lower incomes, French clubs do not carry the enormous debt of the English, Italian and Spanish leagues.

That's Wikipedia, beyond that I couldn't tell you. Apparently non-existent this summer. PSG is probably not turning in a profit, but their marketing has been at an all-time high, I see PSG jerseys everywhere I go, their Jordan partnership has been a big boost as well, and signing Messi might pay for itself with stadiums returning to full capacity and jersey sales. I still think if they do tighten up their restrictions after loosening them this summer (whatever all of that means), PSG will find themselves in trouble; especially if they somehow resign Mbappe (which I don't even think can happen now with Messi's potential contract). Regardless, they need to sell players this summer, and no one really wants what they have to sell, especially with the wages they're on.

It's the rest I think he would struggle with over 38 games.

In La Liga, most teams lay off him and let him run 4 or 5 times a game. Premier league will be more physical so he will have less room to stroll for 75 minutes like he did last season.
He would not struggle in the PL at all.

There's different kind of FFP. Some only aim at making sure clubs are sustainable and don't go bankrupt, other go a little further. In France, if you show financial guarantees, you're good and since PSG has a very strong owner, it's not really a problem.
La Liga has a very strict salary cap now, it's what hurt Barcelona because of their insane payroll.

Not even remotely comparable, they changed club multiple times before that, none of them is a one club player. Messi was 2 years away from a near perfect legacy. On top of that, the amount of money they made wasn't as obscene as Messi.

It's not only the club as an institution, it's the fans, the legacy you leave behind, Messi cares more about money that he cares about being "Messi of Barcelona". He has the right to do so, but it speaks to his character, that's it. He's just like the rest of them.

You are a bit naive if you thought he wasn’t. Except, you know for being much better at football.

Looking forward to taking Neymar's shirt of him to give to Messi. I'm sure he will be delighted

Looking forward to taking Neymar's shirt of him to give to Messi. I'm sure he will be delighted
I am sure Neymar will be delighted playing with Messi again. He said it himself.

Can someone explain logically to me how PSG can afford this in the era of 'FFP'?

Surely their revenues can't be dwarfing that of the other big clubs, is their wage bill got a big enough gap?

"I used to worship the ground you walk, Messi but after destroying your own club eventhough they deserve it, I dont even want to spit in your direction" - Mr. Krabs, Eugene

I’ve read reports Neymar was willing to offer it but Messi won’t take it. He’ll supposedly take 19 instead.

either way, Neymar always seemed to have a good relationship with Messi

If Messi wanted to stay at Barca, what stops him saying he'll play for free?

Don't say "why should he? Noone else is." ... he's earned hundreds of millions, more than anyone by far.

Already a legend, imagine what two years for free would do to his standing.. at Barca and in the perception of the football world.

they can't even register him for free.

If Messi wanted to stay at Barca, what stops him saying he'll play for free?

Don't say "why should he? Noone else is." ... he's earned hundreds of millions, more than anyone by far.

Already a legend, imagine what two years for free would do to his standing.. at Barca and in the perception of the football world.
To some people money means everything. This is the kind of move Juan Mata would make if he was Messi. But Messi is Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.