Lionel Messi | PSG Watch

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
In fairness we could say the same about Croatia vs Brazil and look what happened. Jammiest result of the entire tourney so far but that’s football

definitely see France as a big favorite though
Not sure England and Argentina are the teams that suit France. Compact defenses, fine with giving up possession to the opponent, don't leave much space inbehind, etc.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Put Aguero, Benzema, Suarez etc. at that Bayern, they would all break records in that league..
Yeah that's why they can't get close to his numbers or goalscoring rates in the same competition UCL. :lol:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
If it comes to a France-Argentina final, while anything can happen, I really don't think Argentina can deal with this French side. England is a much tougher opponent tomorrow IMO than Argentina. We knocked them out 4 years ago, and while we had Pogba-Kante, I think the team overall was weaker than what we have this year.
They were the Mbappe's easiest opponents last time, and this time you guys have Dembele on the other side - should be too much to deal with.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Croatia beating Brazil is far from the jammiest result of the tournament. It’s probably not even top 5.
I mean when your goal came from the only (deflected) shot on target you had in 120 minutes of football, you have to be up there with the jammiest wins.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
The way the Dutch players were behaving during the penalty shootout, I would have celebrated in their faces as well.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Yeah that's why they can't get close to his numbers or goalscoring rates in the same competition UCL. :lol:
Ya that take was ridiculous to say the least. The moment I saw that the bundesliga was “way worse” then ligue 1 I stopped reading.

FattyFooty

What kinda anoys me with the whole Messi va Ronaldo thing, is that Ronaldo seems to get alot more stick.

Messi aint that angel people say. IMO this is the first time he actually performs in the WC and he aint exactly eating humble pie.

They both have personalities that go a bit stupid sometimes.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
What kinda anoys me with the whole Messi va Ronaldo thing, is that Ronaldo seems to get alot more stick.

Messi aint that angel people say. IMO this is the first time he actually performs in the WC and he aint exactly eating humble pie.

You cannot compare the two personas. Show me the rape allegations against Messi and Messi putting himself over his team‘s best interest? Show me Messi not celebrating his team‘s goal since he didn’t score it? Show me Messi leaving the stadium/walking off the pitch while his teammates are celebrating.

Pocho

I didnt see anything? What they do?
four dutch players surrounding every argie player that was about to take the pk, there’s footage of the Lautaro and Enzo’s approach to the box and then dutchs bullying both of them

FattyFooty

You cannot compare the two personas. Show me the rape allegations against Messi and Messi putting himself over his team‘s best interest? Show me Messi not celebrating his team‘s goal since he didn’t score it? Show me Messi leaving the stadium/walking off the pitch while his teammates are celebrating.
I never said they where same. I said both are idiots.

And personaly i think when you win. You dont need to go on a low. Like Messi last night.

And Ronaldo has been acused. Hes not a proven rapist. That would be Greenwood.

FattyFooty

four dutch players surrounding every argie player that was about to take the pk, there’s footage of the Lautaro and Enzo’s approach to the box and then dutchs bullying both of them
I dont like that.

genardk

Supports
Juventus

Imagine equating a world-class, widely acknowledged narcisstic primadonna with one of the most humble players (despite his GOAT status)..

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Honestly, I think there should be more of what Netherlands did there in penalties. Try everything to get in there heads. Like the keeper should've taken the ball from Lautaro Martinez and booted it away. Take the yellow and make him wait some more.

But, naturally, if it doesn't work be prepared to get it rubbed in your face.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Let's put Lewa next to Ronaldo at his prime at Real and see how many Lewa would score:lol:

FattyFooty

Imagine equating a world-class, widely acknowledged narcisstic primadonna with one of the most humble players (despite his GOAT status)..
Again, i never said same. Read. I said both can be stupid. That do not mean the same.

I really need to explain hard.. take a chill pill.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Again, i never said same. Read. I said both can be stupid. That do not mean the same.

I really need to explain hard.. take a chill pill.
Yeah no, you said something stupid, now don't play this card.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Well this part is just stupid pal, come on.

The rest was alright but you learn since a baby that everyone is innocent until it’s proven they are not.
That’s why I said allegations and didn’t call him a rapist. Which, to me with the information available, he very probably is.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
That’s why I said allegations and didn’t call him a rapist. Which, to me with the information available, he very probably is.

I think you are perfectly entitled to mention it in response to this personally ;

I don't think you have to pretend those accusations don't exist so that people can act puzzled when others say they don't like him.

Amsterdammed

Supports
Ajax
The way the Dutch players were behaving during the penalty shootout, I would have celebrated in their faces as well.

The way Paredas tackeld Ake and shoot the ball in the Dutch dugout and how some Argentina players behaving during this match. I would have behaving during the penalty shootout as well.

Duhuhh ...

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I just said both can be idiots. And they can. Who is the biggest idiot is another discussion.
Come on mate. One player has a history of throwing his team mates publically under the bus, forced his way out of clubs by playing the media multiple times, was regularly caught being upset with team mates dcoring instead of him, was sent off multiple times for unfair behaviour and so forth while the other has a legit claim for being the fairest elite player ever despite also being the most fouled and roughed up, elbowed and cynically fouled like few others. And you are all like "let's just day both are idiots" because he hit back at the Dutch after they displayed some of the most unfair behaviour seen this tournament?

There are enough sticks to beat Messi with but this is none of them. The legit reasons to assume he is indeed an asshole are not football related let alone his on pitch behavior. That's rather his ethically questionable sponsorships, the tax evasion or the CO2 output of his private jet.

U99ted

Bundesliga has zero competition way worse than Ligue 1 with Bayern winning all 10 titles in the last 10 years (also with no other German team winning something in Europe). If that's not the definition of 1-team farmers league, I don't know what is.
Frankfurt won the Europa last season.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Come on mate. One player has a history of throwing his team mates publically under the bus, forced his way out of clubs by playing the media multiple times, was regularly caught being upset with team mates dcoring instead of him, was sent off multiple times for unfair behaviour and so forth while the other has a legit claim for being the fairest elite player ever despite also being the most fouled and roughed up, elbowed and cynically fouled like few others. And you are all like "let's just day both are idiots" because he hit back at the Dutch after they displayed some of the most unfair behaviour seen this tournament?

There are enough sticks to beat Messi with but this is none of them. The legit reasons to assume he is indeed an asshole are not football related let alone his on pitch behavior. That's rather his ethically questionable sponsorships, the tax evasion or the CO2 output of his private jet.
His CO2 output definitely takes the cake. I can remember this one time where Ronnie glued himself to a water fountain to raise awareness about climate change, the goat.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
The way Paredas tackeld Ake and shoot the ball in the Dutch dugout and how some Argentina players behaving during this match. I would have behaving during the penalty shootout as well.

Duhuhh ...
Paredes is a horrible cnut that I hate with all my soul. Still stupid behavior by the Netherlands during the penalties.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

:lol: Erm he was excellent in 2014.

I don't know who says Messi is an angel but he definitely doesn't come across as a narcissistic self centered thunder cnut like Ronaldo - who behaved shamefully towards our club these past 6 months.

Ronaldo gets more grief for his personality because he's behaves like a tit more. Messi actually gets more grief for footballing reasons because he's set a higher bar.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
His CO2 output definitely takes the cake. I can remember this one time where Ronnie glued himself to a water fountain to raise awareness about climate change, the goat.

Think his 50 or so private jet flights a year are definitely worth criticising