Last 4 CL-winners are Real & Barca

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
2014: Real
2015: Barca
2016: Real
2017: Real

Rest of Europe, step your fecking game up.

6/8 finalists were spanish teams. The other one was Juve

A bit generous to throw Barca in there.
They're playing catch up as well

Job is a lot easier when pretty much every player in world football wants to play for you.

Especially Madrid with their wealth to go with it. Basically Madrid can put together whatever squad they feel like.

Job is a lot easier when pretty much every player in world football wants to play for you.

Especially Madrid with their wealth to go with it. Basically Madrid can put together whatever squad they feel like.
But English clubs have insane money too. It's just that they have Messi and Ronaldo and the weather factor etc.

I don't see this dominance ending until both Ronaldo and Messi either slows down completely or retire.

But, what about the Premier League? :lol:

And Messi isn't even 30 yet. Barca can enjoy another 3 peak years from him I reckon.

Pretty much this. We can sing and dance about our financial success but the truth is that Real are the club that players from the football world dream of.

European Cups:
Real Madrid - 12
First Division/Premier League - 12
Serie A - 12
Bundesliga - 7

Let me rephrase it differently:
Out of the last 10 CL-winners, 6 have been either Real or Barca. The other 4 are Man Utd, Inter, Chelsea and Bayern.

Manchester United!

The rest of Europe should be ashamed.

Lets face it Sevilla would have won that again had they messed up their CL group. The fact they made the CL knockouts saved the rest of Europe from the whitewash.
Just kidding well done United but that is pure and utter dominance by Spain.

Last 4 La Liga winners: Atletico, Barcelona, Barcelona, Real Madrid

La Liga has more parity than the Champions League.

And Messi isn't even 30 yet. Barca can enjoy another 3 peak years from him I reckon.
He will be by the time the next season starts. Anyway, he's already losing a bit of his turn of pace, can't see him being as effective in a year or 2.

It doesn't help that players are so overpaid where money where they are going to play almost is irrelevant. It's like asking me, do I want to work in England for 100k a year or in Spain for 80k a year (Euros). I would most likely choose Spain. For me to work in England I would need to be paid 2 times as much as in Spain. When you put millions in the equation it's really difficult for England to compete with Spain. That's why English team need great players from United Kingdom (and Ireland) to be relevant. Only other option I see is to ridiculously overpay.

All the finalists are from uncompetitive leagues where they enjoy financial hegemony. EL aside where no gives a shit.

Lets face it Sevilla would have won that again had they messed up their CL group. The fact they made the CL knockouts saved the rest of Europe from the whitewash.
Just kidding well done United but that is pure and utter dominance by Spain.
It's called the Sevilla cup for a reason, they have something with that one...

Or the TV deal the PL is stuck with. With a La Liga style TV deal we'd be right in the mix.
This.

If Man Utd got a "Spanish" style fair amount of TV money god only knows what we'd be paying.

And I think a lot of it is simply that Real have Cristiano, Barca have Messi and else does not.

Barca has messi - okay. But Real has much more than Ronaldo atm. Especially Marcelo was massive this season - not to forget Modric, Kroos, Ramos, etc.

Barca has messi - okay. But Real has much more than Ronaldo atm. Especially Marcelo was massive this season - not to forget Modric, Kroos, Ramos, etc.
Conveniently leaving out Neymar, Suarez & co. ;)

Conveniently leaving out Neymar, Suarez & co. ;)

Barca looks like they are really dependent on Messi doing magic - while Real has more magic around than just Ronaldo. That's my point. Haven't seen that much of Neymar and Suarez this season compared to Marcelo for example.

I don't see this dominance ending until both Ronaldo and Messi either slows down completely or retire.
It's that simple, really.

That the two clubs featuring the two best players in the world over the past decade, by no less than a country mile, have dominated Europe over the past decade shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.