La Liga 2024/25

The game against Barcelona was the first game this season where we were the worse team on the pitch.
I'm very happy with Kompany so far and so are most Bayern fans.
I mean you would expect Bayern to dominate the Bundesliga every year regardless of manager. The manager for Bayern will make their difference and show their worth in Europe, not in the league. Kompany is far off that level, so far.

The relative trajectories of Barcelona and United since we faced one another in the Europa League in February 2023 has certainly been..... interesting to watch.
Makes you wonder when will it finally been our turn. Back then we were clearly the better team over the 120min. Having also recently beaten city. Any betting man wouldve told you United were going to be the better team in the near future. Yet theyre the ones who became the best team in the world this season. when will it be our turn. Yes im bitter

More games like away against this Barca?
Certainly not in the group stage.
Good luck in the EL btw, maybe you will manage to beat the next Fenerbahce or Twente.
Substantial difference here is that we acknowledge we’re absolutely cack. It’s the hope that Vincent fecking Kompany will amount to anything other than Bundesliga success that’ll kill you, pal.

I mean you would expect Bayern to dominate the Bundesliga every year regardless of manager. The manager for Bayern will make their difference and show their worth in Europe, not in the league. Kompany is far off that level, so far.
We were 3rd under Tuchel last season and we were far from dominant, even against small teams.
We are a completely different team compared to last season.

We were 3rd under Tuchel last season and we were far from dominant, even against small teams.
Sure. Random down years happen once every 5-10 years. Anyone would rebound from that, even tuchel probably. Tuchel had you as a much better team against actual good teams than Kompany will.

You finished third because he was basically announced as leaving in January. You lost the league to an unprecedented unbeaten Faustian Leverkusen side.

Tuchel ended poorly grand scheme, but it’s obviously far more contextual than you’re making it out to be in order to prop up Mr Shouty Head.

Cubarsi wow, amazing performance for a 17 year old. Has there ever been a CB this young playing in high pressure games like the Classico? We’ve seen it with attackers, but I dont think with CB before.

Madrid looked better with Joselu up top than Mbappe which is crazy to think

Substantial difference here is that we acknowledge we’re absolutely cack. It’s the hope that Vincent fecking Kompany will amount to anything other than Bundesliga success that’ll kill you, pal.
After last season I'd be very happy if we beat Leverkusen and win the title again.
We have a good squad but we wouldnt be favorites to win the CL with any coach in the world.

Cubarsi wow, amazing performance for a 17 year old. Has there ever been a CB this young playing in high pressure games like the Classico?
I can’t think of any. You’ve got easy answers for attackers and midfielders who break out at young age and have world class seasons but I can’t even think of a CB, to be honest. Varane? De Ligt?

Real Madrid miss kroos so much, Mbappe cannot make up for Kroos, he is just much more valuable.

Can we cut out the Kompany stuff and focus on what's really important here: Real in the dirt

Sure. Random down years happen once every 5-10 years. Anyone would rebound from that, even tuchel probably. Tuchel had you as a much better team against actual good teams than Kompany will.
So far he was outcoached by Emery (which is certainly no shame for a coach that young and inexperienced) and beaten by Barca because Raphinha and Yamal were world class and Gnabry/Olise/Coman/Sané quite rubbish.

Tuchels more defensive approach was the right thing against Arsenal but heavily fired back against Real when he substituted like a coward.

I agree that Kompanys style of play is certainly risky against the Reals, Barcas and Citys of this world.

Mental game. Had the feeling that it could have been 4-0 the other way if Mbappe or Vinicius could time a run.

Fun watch.

Hello friends, welcome to the first year of Mbappe.

- Champion: Real Madrid
- Champions League: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Girona, Atlético
- Europa League: Athletic, Real Sociedad
- Conference League: Betis

Historical ranking: https://www.marca.com/futbol/primera-division/clasificacion-historica.html

Can anyone overshadow Madrid?
Will Flick adapt to Barcelona or will Barcelona adapt to Flick?
Will Bellingham be able to repeat his numbers? Will Yamal establish himself as a superstar? What will happen with Mbappe?
We are enjoying his first year

You finished third because he was basically announced as leaving in January. You lost the league to an unprecedented unbeaten Faustian Leverkusen side.

Tuchel ended poorly grand scheme, but it’s obviously far more contextual than you’re making it out to be in order to prop up Mr Shouty Head.
And you are taking a single game against this currently monstrous Barca side to talk him down.

Cubarsi only being 17 is crazy to me.

Two 17 year olds and a bunch of 21 year olds smashing up Real Madrid and Bayern. Their ability to develop and then smoothly integrate them into the team is unrivalled.
Some at United think you need to always go on loan before getting game time here.

With Yamal, Lewa and Flick, I like Barcelona for probably the first time ever.
I like Barcelona for the first time since Luis Enrique days. Almost a decade?
They jumped from watching occasionally (like once a month or two) to watching them whenever I could this season.

Lucas Vazquez at RB for rest of the season isn't going to cut it, embarrassment for the last goal. I assume they'll sign someone in January otherwise that weakness will be exposed in the CL at a later date.

Lucas Vazquez at RB for rest of the season isn't going to cut it, embarrassment for the last goal. I assume they'll sign someone in January otherwise that weakness will be exposed in the CL at a later date.
The weakness will be dealt with by their Black Magic.

well Real Madrid valued UCL higher than La Liga anyway. remember Del Bosque ? not sure he was let go because he didn't win UCL that year or for some other reasons.

I know there was a ton of offsides but what was Real's xG in the match?

It can happen to the best, but Carlo had a nightmare last night. Basically played without a midfield, betting on an end-to-end chaos in which his attacking talent can make the difference.

The funny thing is that he could have gotten away with it. I don't know Barca's injury status, but it took Flick 45 minutes to understand what's going on. Start of the second half, De Jong comes on, Barcelona
take better care of the ball in the middle of the park and start playing through the thirds... and it's game over in 15 minutes.

I see Mbappe has decided to go down the Ronaldo path and become a pure stat padder. Good luck to any manager with the task to squeeze him, Vini and Bellingham into the starting lineup.

Congrats to Barça, great win.
They have to solve Carvajal's problem, signing, moving Fede? or changing the system.
Besides, the club should "suggest" to Carletto real minutes for Guler and Endrick.
I have read that the club's great goal is the club World Cup but it is worrying, because the lack of play and style does not come from yesterday

This might make you change your tune on Ancelotti. Barca don't have better players overall and were physically inferior. You were dominated tactically by a properly coached side.
I'm not too worried yet. Real Madrid won the last 4 clasicos so it seemed obvious to me that, given form and previous track record, they wouldn't win this one. And then sadly Barcelona have a habit of getting big wins against Real Madrid so that's nothing out of the ordinary.

Having said that I'm not expecting a league title or anything.

Last edited:
Fans on here always think our youngsters need a loan before coming in to the first team even when they see Yamal etc thriving and even closer to home Mainoo, Garnacho. If you're good enough, you're oldenough.

You are assuming that Carrington is capable of nurturing players to be ready for the elite level by 16, 17, 18 years of age with the same frequency as La Masia. Sadly, that's almost certainly not the case despite United undoubtedly having a very good academy. The only top level players we've produced in the last decade are Rashford, Greenwood and Mainoo. You can make a case for McTominay, Elanga, Gomes, and a few others, as good players who can make it to the top level, or had a good career in the PL or another top 5 league, but a lot of them needed to leave United in order to aid their development. I don't want to count the likes of Garnacho, because buying the best 16 year olds and letting them stay for 2-3 years in your U18s/U21s, and then integrate them into the first team or sell them for good money, isn't what makes your academy great IMO. Chelsea and City do exactly this, horde the best 16 year olds, and pretend they have the best academies in England. Especially City. At least Chelsea did have a good number of "real" academy graduates become top players.

With Barcelona, just at this moment, they have Yamal, Bernal, Gavi, Balde, Cubarsí, Fort, Casadó, López and Fati, all playing for the first team, who have been at Barca all their lives or joined them at a much younger age than 16. And who knows how many more there are in the youth ranks, that are ready to make the step up to first team level.

I do think it can be improved in the long-term, and United currently have an incredibly strong youth core in the U18s and U21s coming up, several of whom with a real chance of making it at United or having a good career in a top 5 European League, but at the same time, we have to admit that La Masia is way better than Carrington, and has been for a long time now. I haven't even mentioned the greatest club side of all time, and how their core was mostly made up by La Masia graduates.