La Liga 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely to see Jonathan Viera back in La Liga. Las Palmas need to bring back Halilovic and get the boys back together.

I don't understand why Lewandowski who could have had 2-3 seasons to try for UCL success choose Barcelona, a team in transition. Stylistically, they also don't suit him very well.

Feel like he's there to bail out Barcelona until the next generation of youths grow up.

Edit; Even if Bayern didn't want him anymore, he definitely had many other choices.
Maybe he was optimistic enough to win UCL with Barcelona

So now you can grab a keeper's shirt in his area and is not a foul. Last week Madrid got a goal revoked because Carvajal did a foul previously, I don't think why this is different.

Also if a striker gets to the ball first, dribbles it to a side, the keeper barely touches it, deflects it 2 millimeters from its trajectory, and fouls the striker when he still has a clear chance to score it's not a clear pen?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is some sort of huge myth saying that if you touch the ball you cannot foul the opponent which is absurd. At first I was listening to the commentators and I fell into their trap, but seeing the replay again it is a very clear penno to me.

I don't think he actually came thinking he will win the Champions League. The problem I think was he didn't get enough credit for winning trophies and scoring goal with Bayern because of their extreme dominance in Germany.

I don't think he actually came thinking he will win the Champions League. The problem I think was he didn't get enough credit for winning trophies and scoring goal with Bayern because of their extreme dominance in Germany.
You also offered him a longer contract.

What’s going on with Sevilla? 3 losses to start the season

He isn't stupid. But good business by Barca, it also paid off by winning the title with a team in transition.

Last edited:
Lewandowski and his wife love the life in Barcelona. He tells it in every interview. It can be as simple as that. CL ambition doesn't always has to be the reason.

Last edited:
Excited to see Yamal again, but Xavi needs to find his balls and stop starting with 4 midfielders each game.

Excited to see Yamal again, but Xavi needs to find his balls and stop starting with 4 midfielders each game.
I think he just prefers the control over the game and given there's no one who really stands out on that left wing, can't blame him.

Gavi gives Barca the lead. Yamal is amazing at cutting in and chipping that cross to the back post. Finally someone takes advantage after 3 games of him doing the same thing.

It's 2023 and Sergi Roberto is still starting games for Barca. This guy epitomizes Barca's decline.

It's 2023 and Sergi Roberto is still starting games for Barca. This guy epitomizes Barca's decline.

Yeah, we never had a really good RB after Alves left in 2016. That was 7 years ago....

Yeah, he already looks like Barca's best attacker (although Ferran has started this season well). Very sharp technically and surprisingly physical also. Raphinha is yet to have a half as good as Lamine's 2nd half tonight in a Barca shirt:lol:

I'm less afraid of a just turned 16 Yamal losing a ball than I was with Dembele in all his 5 years at barca. We have a new gem going forward :drool:
But our defense is not even EL worthy.

I've never seen such a good player at barely 16 years old. I really hope he can survive injuries and the mental Burden of being the next big thing.

Gotta agree, I'm wary of hyping our young talents these days especially after Ansu but this kid just has something special. He won't be Messi-good but he's probably the most interesting talent since.

I'm less afraid of a just turned 16 Yamal losing a ball than I was with Dembele in all his 5 years at barca. We have a new gem going forward :drool:
But our defense is not even EL worthy.
With Cancelo, Araujo and Balde It Will be much better.

I've never seen such a good player at barely 16 years old. I really hope he can survive injuries and the mental Burden of being the next big thing.
Gavi started playing regularly at the starting XI, with only 17, he seems to be doing fine
Yamal already seems better than Dembele, maybe less fast but far more intelligent, with only 16 :lol: it also tells how terrible of a deal the previous admin. made with Borussia.

Vini out for 6 weeks….oooh boy.

Atletico Madrid just score the 7 goals tonight...

Thought Paco Jemez was back managing Rayo for a second. :lol:

Muniain is still fantastic. Still remember his performance at Old Trafford, and have loved watching him ever since. Well, bar those two games!

Very happy with the transfer window for Barca overall. Not thrilled about Felix but maybe he’ll surprise me

Very happy with the transfer window for Barca overall. Not thrilled about Felix but maybe he’ll surprise me

We spent €3.4m for Gundogan, Felix, Cancelo, Martinez and Romeu. Alemany did an exceptional job under the most difficult circumstances. Every player got registered as well. In the beginning of the transfer window, we had zero, € 0, ffp margin and look at our squad now.
Xavi has options now. With Felix, we'll play more often with 3 attackers again I assume.

------------------Lewy
Felix(Torres) - Raphina (Yamal)
Gundogan(Gavi) - Pedri (Gavi)
----------------Frenkie (Romeu)
Balde (Alonso) - Kounde (Christensen) - Araujo (Martinez) - Cancelo (Roberto)
------------------MATS

or something like this:

------------------Lewy
----------Felix
------------Pedri--------Gavi
-----------Frenkie----Gundogan
Balde - Kounde - Araujo - Cancelo
---------------MATS

Last edited:
Laughable transfer window from Real Madrid, just throwing away the whole season.

Laughable transfer window from Real Madrid, just throwing away the whole season.

It’s surprising as I was afraid Real were going to widen the gap considering you’re one of the few la liga teams that are in good shape with Tebas’s FFP.

but hey. Bellingham was one hell of a signing and going to be a huge problem

Yeah not great. Our forward options are very limited and we haven’t got a striker. Ohh well, no point dwelling on it. Just got to hope the midfield will keep us competitive and Rodrygo to really take the lead. And hoping we don’t pick up any more injuries…

Yeah not great. Our forward options are very limited and we haven’t got a striker. Ohh well, no point dwelling on it. Just got to hope the midfield will keep us competitive and Rodrygo to really take the lead. And hoping we don’t pick up any more injuries…
Still saving up for Mbappe to pay him 72636 gazillion I assume?

Still saving up for Mbappe to pay him 72636 gazillion I assume?

Yeah it is embarrassing. He is the reason we haven’t done anything noteworthy for our attack. I think the idea was for Perez to try in 2024 but Benzema leaving kinda fecked up his plans I think. Either way, hopefully that dumb saga ends in 2024.

My personal preference is for him to extend for a long time or go elsewhere. So we can get a proper striker as I don’t see Mbappe and Vini working. Sadly the only similar profile to Benzema is Kane and you lot got him. I guess we could try for Haaland but that seems like a reach. Prolly too soon for him and I don’t know if that clause is still a thing or not.

We ain't winning the league with Joselu upfront.

Don’t know who to blame more for that goal. Fran for the shit pass or the way Alaba handled it.

Joselu as a starting striker is comical.

Don’t know who to blame more for that goal. Fran for the shit pass or the way Alaba handled it.

Joselu as a starting striker is comical.

Also, hate to say it, but there is a reason Vinicius starts whenever he is fit, Rodrygo just isn't on that level.

Also, hate to say it, but there is a reason Vinicius starts whenever he is fit, Rodrygo just isn't on that level.

Rodrygo is a weird one, he can pull these R9-esque moves out of nowhere but for big chunks of the game he is invisible. Vini is relentless and always a threat. Wish we could fuse the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.