La Liga - 2012/2013

It's Barca - Atletico next weekend, and Messi has scored more goals against them than any other club. He's going to hit 90 at this rate

It's Barca - Atletico next weekend, and Messi has scored more goals against them than any other club. He's going to hit 90 at this rate

Yep, he sure likes Madrid teams :D

Messi v Atlético Madrid: 18 goals, 2 assists in 14 apps (12 starts) (1 pen./2 free-kicks)

Messi v Real Madrid: 17 goals, 10 assists in 22 apps (22 starts) (2 pen./2 free-kicks)

i mocked Alexis with my 10 men joke but he did well with that run, effectively dragged the last defender away to clear the path. He'd be a great player if it wasn't for the ball

Greatest of all time. Such a special little player, and only 24. It is quite umbelievable.

Genius. He makes it look so fecking easy.

Just to think the whole of the Caf have been there whilst he has broken records left, right and centre. We should all be proud of this moment because it will not come around again for a while. Something to tell your children and grandchildren.

Well what you can you say about the lad?

Just outstanding, 86 goals in one year and he does it in such excellent fashion, it's jsut a joy to watch him play and I'm glad I have the opportunity to do so almost every weekend.

Probably yeah. His finishing's so good, the defending's so poor, it's inevitable he'll rack up a few more in the unparalleled form he's in - 90-95 no problem.

I haven't seen Maradona or Pele etc play, but it's hard to imagine them being better than Messi.