La Liga - 2012/2013

Seeing the pen again, I'm not sure you can take a worse pen than that when hitting the target.

Missed the beginning. He had a cut by his eye. Got it from some challenge. Probably couldn't close it properly. Subbed off at half time. He did score their goal.

Elbowed in the face in the 3rd minute by the cnut David Navarro, who is a master at making nasty challenges look incidental.

Yea. Famous for his scuffle against Inter in the CL. That Navarro name seems to suggest you're a thug of a footballer.

Did I just hear that the B team manager won't release youngsters to Mourinho because of some sort of dispute? That is absolutely retarded if so. Apologies if I've caught the wrong end of that.

Did I just hear that the B team manager won't release youngsters to Mourinho because of some sort of dispute? That is absolutely retarded if so. Apologies if I've caught the wrong end of that.

Don't know about that. Mourinho did criticise the Castilla manager for focusing on gaining points rather than to breed players for the first team. Playing a different style of football and using players in positions that Real don't etc.
I don't know much about the B-team of Real Madrid but by the sound of it even Pep would agree with Mourinho on that one.

Don't know about that. Mourinho did criticise the Castilla manager for focusing on gaining points rather than to breed players for the first team. Playing a different style of football and using players in positions that Real don't etc.
I don't know much about the B-team of Real Madrid but by the sound of it even Pep would agree with Mourinho on that one.

Odd. Surely the whole point of the B team is to breed players for the first team? Guess if you're in a proper league as even the B team manager there is some pressure on you.

Odd. Surely the whole point of the B team is to breed players for the first team? Guess if you're in a proper league as even the B team manager there is some pressure on you.

Obviously, but the best way to do that is to get and stay into the most competitive environment possible, which for B teams is Liga Adelante.

Much like the Juve v Perugia title decider or Bilbao v Barca, you can't beat a good splash in the rain.

The B team issue came to a head when Mourinho played a 17 year old in the Copa del Rey team. The lad in question can't get into the reserves as a starter, "because there are a couple of 25 year olds in his position," according to Mourinho.

There have been other incidents too, like asking the reserves manager only to play someone for an hour so the first team could use them mid-week, but pressure to win meaning the coach kept them on for the 90.

Marata or some kid like that comes off the bench and scores with his first touch. Absolutely atrocious defending all night long from Levante.

Levante players and manager feeling hard done by from the ref - lots of post match whining.

And some trouble in the tunnel immediately after the match apparently. Some kind of confrontation between Pepe and the Levante players and the security people for the two teams involved.