La Liga - 2012/2013

It's supposed to be a derby. "La crisis" is biting I guess.

50 - 100 Euros for a ticket tonight and Getafe don't have the structure to sell to tourists - a killer in August.

And now, posting under duress from the Real Madrid fan sat next to me:

Barca's equaliser was offside.

Despite appearances, United sold Madrid (not a virus but) a permacrock. Ronaldo is under orders to rest his right ankle , completely, for at least 4 weeks each year. This allows the swelling related to his congenital ankle disorder to subside and the bone to heal as best it can. When he returns he's weaker and lopsided and it takes him about 6 weeks to get his strength and balance back.

In other news, he says, Ramos is shit without Pepe. Which I doubt surprises anyone.

Meanwhile, Mourinho says (roughly) - "we deserved to lose."

Xavi is playing with chronic Achilles tendon problems for years. Nothing unusual for professional footballers.

Strange start to the season. Barcelona look hungry and fresh, Madrid look jaded. I guess Madrid are more reliant on Ronnie then Barcelona are on Messi.

Very good goal by Feghouli just now in Valencia-Deportivo, making it 3-1.

And hadn't even seen that Real had lost - lovely! Barca played pretty poorly vs Osasuna, but at least all three points were secured... exactly what we were lacking last season, the ability to get points when playing poorly. Great start to the season, mainly because of Real's start.

Goldado denied a first half hat-trick by the veteran Aranzubia. Depor should bring on their Benfica loanee Nelson Oliveira in the 2nd half, he looked like a great prospect at the Euros, already scored for them on his debut I think.

Despite appearances, United sold Madrid (not a virus but) a permacrock. Ronaldo is under orders to rest his right ankle , completely, for at least 4 weeks each year. This allows the swelling related to his congenital ankle disorder to subside and the bone to heal as best it can. When he returns he's weaker and lopsided and it takes him about 6 weeks to get his strength and balance back.

They are free to return him to us if they wish. Unfortunately we can't offer a full refund as too much time has passed, but we can offer to replace him with another Portuguese player from our "Bebe" range of wingers/strikers.

That didn't show tonight.

How could anyone come to that conclusion based on the last couple of games?

for starters Higuain scored to put Madrid ahead, as he did last week. Secondly they had 3 strikers last season who all broke the 20 goal mark, only front 3 to ever do that!!

Strange start to the season. Barcelona look hungry and fresh, Madrid look jaded. I guess Madrid are more reliant on Ronnie then Barcelona are on Messi.

Doutbful. In my opinion, Messi is a lot more involved in Barcelona's overall game + key to them scoring/creating goalscoring opportunities. Without Cristiano I would still bet that Benzema and Higuian get their fair share of goals. Who do you see playing the false nine in Messi's absence? Cesc, Alexis? Not nearly as prolific or even creative as Messi I'd say.

Messi got both of their goals tonight and two last weekend - he's bang on form - we won't know how reliant they are until they have to win without him.

WHat do you guys make of Fabregas?

Was discussing this with my brother whos into Barca and we both reckon he's been a big let down in general.

I struggle to remember him having a good game after his first 5 or 6 months there

Doutbful. In my opinion, Messi is a lot more involved in Barcelona's overall game + key to them scoring/creating goalscoring opportunities. Without Cristiano I would still bet that Benzema and Higuian get their fair share of goals. Who do you see playing the false nine in Messi's absence? Cesc, Alexis? Not nearly as prolific or even creative as Messi I'd say.

Madrid are really reliant on Ronadlo to get the goals when the games are highly contested. I recall him dragging them to wins against the likes of Atletico last season.

Madrid are really reliant on Ronadlo to get the goals when the games are highly contested. I recall him dragging them to wins against the likes of Atletico last season.

Yes on some big occasions he's made the difference, but the only truly great performances in big games from him I remember are his hat-trick against Villarreal a few seasons back and that Atlético hat-trick last season. In most other games against the big teams he has a great goalscoring record, but mostly tap-ins (like vs Sevilla especially) or penalties (like against Athletic) and contributes almost nothing otherwise.

Of course he scores vital goals, but so has Callejon last season.
Mostly his overall performances aren't noteworthy or special.

Let me put it this way: I'm more confident that a Cristiano-less Madrid would find other sources for goals than I am of a Messi-less Barça.

Was discussing this with my brother whos into Barca and we both reckon he's been a big let down in general.

I struggle to remember him having a good game after his first 5 or 6 months there

One of the best midfielders in the world. Compared to Xavi and Iniesta he hasn't justified his price but he will. Only compared to Barcelona midfielders has he been a let down. Still in the top 10 performance wise. He just gets overshadowed a bit. Probably would be better if he'd play the same role consistently.

One of the best midfielders in the world. Compared to Xavi and Iniesta he hasn't justified his price but he will. Only compared to Barcelona midfielders has he been a let down. Still in the top 10 performance wise. He just gets overshadowed a bit. Probably would be better if he'd play the same role consistently.

He's struggling to find his role in the Barça system I think.

Early on he looked decent in a sort of false ten role akin to Messi's, getting lots of goals and assists, but that fizzled out quite quickly as to be expected.
As a CM he can't compete with Xavi or Busquets when it comes to controlling a game.

Aguilar with his 2nd! Quite a game at the Mestalla

Depor bringing on Nelson Oliveira for Valerón (holy shit he's still playing :eek:), some statement that :D

He's struggling to find his role in the Barça system I think.

Early on he looked decent in a sort of false ten role akin to Messi's, getting lots of goals and assists, but that fizzled out quite quickly as to be expected.
As a CM he can't compete with Xavi or Busquets when it comes to controlling a game.

I question whether Tito really knows how best to use him as he looks to be a Xavi alternate in his gameplan. Pep experimented with the 3-4-3 as much as he did, IMO, because of Cesc. Despite Tito scrapping the 3-4-3, I think it's the way forward. Fans are clammoring for more from Fabregas and I think it's definitely getting to the player as well

You reckon?

he's been downright awful in a number of games I've watched, practically invisible, like he doesn't have the guts to stand up and take responsibility.

Messi got both of their goals tonight and two last weekend - he's bang on form

Quite frankly, believe it or not, he's in shit form. It's just that:

25610053.jpg

But his overall game has been a bit meh so far. Definitely not "bang on form". Should have burried 3 goals against Real Madrid.

I question whether Tito really knows how best to use him as he looks to be a Xavi alternate in his gameplan. Pep experimented with the 3-4-3 as much as he did, IMO, because of Cesc. Despite Tito scrapping the 3-4-3, I think it's the way forward. Fans are clammoring for more from Fabregas and I think it's definitely getting to the player as well

Yeah well that are the dangers of getting a marquee signing partly based on political reasons, it's quite ironic that the long lost son is something of a misfit for the system he was supposedly brought up to flourish in.

Meanwhile, Valencia in classic breakdown mode even without Emery. Pen, sending off for Ricardo Costa and 3-3 :lol:

Not one of the better days for Spanish referees. 2 straight reds for dissent in the Barca and RM games (one after conceding a dubious goal and the other from the bench) and now a yellow for João Pereira for showing his calf to the ref :lol: :lol:

What an amazing game this is... End to end stuff last 10 minutes. Could go either way.

You sure it wasn't Cal? trying to come up with a reason why Ronaldo was outscored by Messi last season.

"See he scored 60 goals with one ankle".

No idea why I notice this just now but Lady Gago is a Valencia player now, lolsers. Let's see if he can form some sort of midfield partnership with Banega. Argentina might benefit from it.

Could have been 3-4 there, right at the end

Nice to see Deportivo back in La Liga

No idea why I notice this just now but Lady Gago is a Valencia player now, lolsers. Let's see if he can form some sort of midfield partnership with Banega. Argentina might benefit from it.

Banega's too busy being injured and ruining Ferraris.

Did Mourinho ever take Ronaldo off the pitch when he was having a bad game?

He's so frustrating sometimes, imagine how painful it must be if you're a Real Madrid fan. Isn't it, Cal? When Ronaldo is shite, other players are shite as well - no-one seems to have cojones.

That ankle thing sounds like bollox. If the 4 week rest is to allow swelling to go down his ankle will never be better than immediately after his time out. Why on earth would his ankle be at it's weakest when it's at its least inflamed? What are they waiting for over the next 6 weeks. The swelling to come back again?!?

Barcelona will also lose a few games, Real Madrid will probably have a similar run of wins as they did last season. Yes, they have one point after two games, which is a poor result, but at this stage five points mean less than later in the season.

Both teams were not a their best yesterday, but Madrid couldn’t score and lost – Messi scores, and leads Barcelona to a win, Ronaldo does not and Madrid lose. Ronaldo and Ozil were terrible last night, but stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes, that’s what I don’t understand, but it’s Real Madrid, you know.

Barcelona will also lose a few games, Real Madrid will probably have a similar run of wins as they did last season. Yes, they have one point after two games, which is a poor result, but at this stage five points mean less than later in the season.

Both teams were not a their best yesterday, but Madrid couldn’t score and lost – Messi scores, and leads Barcelona to a win, Ronaldo does not and Madrid lose. Ronaldo and Ozil were terrible last night, but stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes, that’s what I don’t understand, but it’s Real Madrid, you know.

Of course Ronaldo stays on the pitch because he is always capable of producing a goal out of nowhere.

Özil on the other hand is Madrids creative center, so when he is having a bad day it's probably better to sub him off, otherwise the whole team will suffer as a result.

Alonso's like "feck that, can't be bothered to go into a midfield battle with Xavi and Iniesta, have some of this"

Glad Özil showed his best Ji-Sung Park impression there.

Also: Credit to Tito for yesterday's victory over Osasuna. If there is a game where you can literally see the impact of a tactical change -- this was it. Going 4-2-4 with Sanchez moving centrally infront of Messi, partnered by Villa and Pedro on the flanks, turned the whole game around. With Sanchez in the middle Messi had more space all of a sudden. Pass to Pedro on the right. Pedro to Sanchez in the middle. Sanchez lay-off to Messi. Goal. Second goal Villa makes a run dragging a defender away for Alba to play the pass to the middle where Messi is left completely free (with Sanchez taking the attention away from him). Well done, Tito. Doing his reputation as "the football Encyclopedia" justice.

You reckon?

he's been downright awful in a number of games I've watched, practically invisible, like he doesn't have the guts to stand up and take responsibility.

The pressure got to him. Quite simply. Here's a very recent interview from Cesc:

“Tito has told me that I have to play the way I know how to. During the preseason I have noticed the difference, I am not playing too static as a left interior as I was before. My game involves getting near the goal, coming back to the midfield, associating with the other interior and with Leo… I am feeling comfortable this season. I want to use my ability to move around the attacking line, something I have done since I was a kid. And Tito has known me since I was a kid.”

”I didn’t get some things about our system. I was comming from a different kind of football, so it wasn’t easy to get used to the game. The last months of the season I was situated as a left interior, but I didn’t have much of that mobility that I have always had in my game. I need to keep moving. Tito knows that, he knows how to get the best out of me and so do I. I need to recover that quality for the benefit of the team.”

”It was my fault, I tried to fit in as much as I could… I tried to be like them, but I am not Xavi, Iniesta, or Thiago, I am a different player, and need more movement. I don’t have to be anarchic and made pointless runs from one place to another, I can be in my position, helping Leo, Xavi and Andrés, but adding movement, and being once again that kind of player that also gets into the scoring, like I was in England. Maybe I got stuck trying to be someone I am not, and that played against my efforts.”

Now even Cesc has got it wrong of what kind of player he is.
They have brainwashed him into becoming a forward.

He is talented enough to make even that work though.

I said this a few years ago but Cesc is never going to start regularly for La Roja, unless there are changes made to incorporate him specifically - he's never going to supplant Xavi or Iniesta and Thiago will best him, as well.

From there, there's still Herrera, Isco and Oliver Torres. I think Cesc is going to have to make a massive leap in play to make a name for himself in Spain.

It's not easy for him despite all his talent.He has to compete for a place against some truly outstanding players.He just has to be patient and his time will come to shine