Kingsley Coman

But Coman has no actual equivalent in our team, with someone like him you have two guarantees, the opposition will struggle to create on his wing and he is going to create havoc in the defense on his wing which helps everyone else. Now if we are looking for an inside forward than it's not the correct profile but if we are after a traditional winger that wins 1v1s and plays for the team then it's the correct profile.
Couldn’t agree more. Shame about injuries otherwise he’s a fantastic player offensively and defensively. He doesn’t score loads but man, as a traditional winger he’s electric and as you said creates havoc. Always rated him highly.

You're not wrong about his playing minutes.

I'm right. The most minutes that he has played with the stats you shared is the equivalent of 20 games, it's the season with 8 goals and 12 assists in the league. The other seasons it's less than 17 games.

In fact I generally underestimate his stats, they are actually excellent for someone that doesn't rely on that at all and for which lack of end product is a fair criticism when you see the amount of chances he creates with ease. I get that people like to hate on players but Coman is someone that doesn't deserve it, he plays Football the right way and has a great attitude on the pitch.

I'm right. The most minutes that he has played with the stats you shared is the equivalent of 20 games, it's the season with 8 goals and 12 assists in the league. The other seasons it's less than 17 games.

In fact I generally underestimate his stats, they are actually excellent for someone that doesn't rely on that at all and for which lack of end product is a fair criticism when you see the amount of chances he creates with ease. I get that people like to hate on players but Coman is someone that doesn't deserve it, he plays Football the right way and has a great attitude on the pitch.

That's a fair point. My assessment was perhaps hasty.

I would be sad to see him go, but mainly because he has been here for so long and was important in some CL games like the final against PSG.

He was always great in 1 vs. 1 situations but also frustrating because his decision making and precision at passes and crosses never got better.
His age and many injuries also made him worse at dribblings.

So all in all its probably best to get some money for him while we can.

He’s good but it’s the wrong time to sign him. Plus we’ve got enough attackers who struggle with decision making as it is.

We've been "linked" to Sterling... I know which I'd prefer. Hint: It isn't Sterling

Coman is way too good to play in Saudi Arabia at this point. Very injury prone, but over the last 5 years he was Bayern's best winger, absolute world class at times.
So I really wonder what happened, was the last injury one too many? Has his acceleration taken a hit?

Coman is way too good to play in Saudi Arabia at this point. Very injury prone, but over the last 5 years he was Bayern's best winger, absolute world class at times.
So I really wonder what happened, was the last injury one too many? Has his acceleration taken a hit?
He almost retired after his ankle injury two years ago. It seemed his body had given up and so had he.

He is such a devastating 1 vs. 1 winger. It is a joy to watch. Unfortunately injuries have taken its toll and with someone so reliant on brutal acceleration he will have to change his game.

In Saudi he can get by with playing at 90% and he would still embarrass every FB. It’s easy money and less stress on his body. It is disappointing though.

For Bayern it makes sense to sell. He is way too injury prone for his astronomically wages and they are covered at the winger positions.

It’ll be sad to see him go though. Never lived up to his potential but he was an important part of the team and in integrating the young players and the French speaking ones.

We've been "linked" to Sterling... I know which I'd prefer. Hint: It isn't Sterling
We're only linked to Sterling as a means to get rid of Sancho and that's only if it makes sense financially. We aren't actively searching for wingers.

Probably one of the worst takes I have read on here, and I have read plenty of bad takes.

I would take him in a heart beat if we manage to sell Sancho.

I will never understand why people would want injury prone washed up shite from other clubs.

We're only linked to Sterling as a means to get rid of Sancho and that's only if it makes sense financially. We aren't actively searching for wingers.
it doesn't make sense on any level to me. Who swaps one under-performing player for another? Surely Chiesa is also a better bet. but yes, we don't need wingers, we need a no.9

Judging this lad purely off nerdy little graphs sums up the state of modern football fans actually.

I'd stay clear due to his broken down body, but as a footballer he's exactly the type I'd love to have here.

He almost retired after his ankle injury two years ago. It seemed his body had given up and so had he.

He is such a devastating 1 vs. 1 winger. It is a joy to watch. Unfortunately injuries have taken its toll and with someone so reliant on brutal acceleration he will have to change his game.
Yes he is injury-prone but when he was fit to play, i didn't see any decline in his acceleration.

Not yet, but he's a player whose style of play won't age well.
I think it has already happened to a degree. He's still fast. But in my view, he accelerates a little slower than he used to. Remembering him a few years ago, he could accelerate in ways almost no other footballer was able to. He could be standing and two seconds later, he was almost at full speed. Those days are already gone. Which is no wonder, considering his injuries.

Jeez man your previous C suite people handing out contracts like handing candy to a kid on Halloween!:lol:
There is a reason that Kahn and Brazzo are no longer at the club and about 17m reasons each for Coman, Gnabry and Goretzka still being there.