Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

Klopp is available to manage Germany if Nagelsmann fancies a new job.
He most likely doesn't. After all he decided to extend the Germany job because this gives him the opportunity to be close to his children (who are living with his ex wife in Bavaria and wouldn't move anywhere else) and have more time for them. If he did fancy a new job he wouldn't have extended.

Can someone shed some light about Nagelsmann and his position as Germany coach ? I heard when he joined the NT that it was somewhat short term (ie Euros) is it actually the case ? I'd love for us to snag him ASAP as I loved what he did with Leipzig, and I'm really fed up with ETH Ball for some time now.
Right now, I'd take pretty much any german manager, and failing that someone who has succeeded in the Bundesliga!

There's some hot property available in Bruno Labbadia!
Roger Schmidt is also available. And Thorsten Lieberknecht. While we are listing German lunatics, what's Peter Hyballa doing at the moment?

Who are the others? No wait, let me guess - just realistically available names or also pipe dreams?
Ok, just whoever:
Pep
Nagelsmann
Tuchel
Klopp

Realistic:
Tuchel
Nagelsmann
Carlo (maybe)

Alonso
Nagelsmann
Amorim
Tuchel

I think iraola from bmth would suit very well, he plays transition football, the same 4231 formation, he just seams better at it, bournemouth seem to create about 20 chances each game.

You might be the only person on the planet who thinks so.
He's an absolutely class coach. Probably the only manager that could go to the Etihad with Brighton and have more posession than City.

With better players his teams could absolutely batter opponents.

Who are the others? No wait, let me guess - just realistically available names or also pipe dreams?
Ok, just whoever:
Pep
Nagelsmann
Tuchel
Klopp

Realistic:
Tuchel
Nagelsmann
Carlo (maybe)
Not to criticise Don Carlo - but he would fail at United. He’s not the right type of coach.

It’s not a strictly who is better or worse scenario it is who suits the situation. Would Tuchel have done as well as Carlo at Madrid? No. Would Tuchel do better than Carlo at United this season? Probably, yeah.

Love him as a manager, and figure of the game, but it just wouldn’t work at this United team in my opinion.

Not to criticise Don Carlo - but he would fail at United. He’s not the right type of coach.

It’s not a strictly who is better or worse scenario it is who suits the situation. Would Tuchel have done as well as Carlo at Madrid? No. Would Tuchel do better than Carlo at United this season? Probably, yeah.

Love him as a manager, and figure of the game, but it just wouldn’t work at this United team in my opinion.
Ancelotti's time at Bayern was very meh as well, so i don't need convincing on that opinion. Of course Tuchel's wasn't much better, but he took over a club and squad in a state of pure chaos, while Carlo took over from Pep under much more orderly conditions.

I like Roger Schmidt. Big job for him though.
Nagelsmann is the one to target for me. Amorim? i dunno.
His Leverkusen team played the ugliest football I have ever seen a somewhat capable team play. It was an insult to every person watching. I wouldn't let him close to my team.

You have to at least ask the question. If not him, Nagelsmann then. There are a serious lack of quality options. Barely anyone I'd want.

Hence why we didn’t pull the trigger over the summer…the options haven’t changed much in a matter of weeks?

Hence why we didn’t pull the trigger over the summer…the options haven’t changed much in a matter of weeks?
Exactly. So we either persist with a failing manager, sack him and bring in an interim, or sack him and appoint someone for the long term who presumably has been available all along but who we clearly passed on in the summer window just gone. I'd like to think we'd try and make sure we can bring in one of the truly elite managers next summer.

I think going to Tuchel would be a step backwards, it would in essence be like us going from LVG to Jose, shifting the type of football we have started to build a squad for just to try and win some trophies (which we have done anyway). It would have to be a manager who likes to play on the front foot, attacking, modern football. I don't think we should chase glory just because we haven't won the league in a bit and try and hire a short term manager to try and win a league.

Possession and pressing based manager would be a shift from the football we have started to build? A guy who had 60% possession at Etihad and throw a kitchen sink at them?

He would also bench Rashford from the off.

Roger Schmidt is also available. And Thorsten Lieberknecht. While we are listing German lunatics, what's Peter Hyballa doing at the moment?

Felix Magath is free at the moment isn't he? With our injury list maybe we should gamble on him and let him give his 'rub cheese on the injured body part' method a try.

Tuchel would be my preferred choice. After hearing Klopp glowingly talk about Pepijn Lijnders he might be an interesting candidate if going for young and unproven but with a lot potential.

He's an absolutely class coach. Probably the only manager that could go to the Etihad with Brighton and have more posession than City.

With better players his teams could absolutely batter opponents.

De Zerbi who, after that initial flurry of wins that got everybody giddy, lost almost twice as many league games as he won last season from the seventh game onward, guiding Brighton from "beating football" and being CL-place contenders, to a bottom half finish, ending up level on points with Bournemouth, who spent two thirds of the season as relegation contenders.

Can someone shed some light about Nagelsmann and his position as Germany coach ? I heard when he joined the NT that it was somewhat short term (ie Euros) is it actually the case ? I'd love for us to snag him ASAP as I loved what he did with Leipzig, and I'm really fed up with ETH Ball for some time now.
Skateboarding freak

Felix Magath is free at the moment isn't he? With our injury list maybe we should gamble on him and let him give his 'rub cheese on the injured body part' method a try.
I know a fitness coach that worked under Magath. Do you want me to get the two of you in contact? :lol: (And yes, the stories about Magath are true.)

Possession and pressing based manager would be a shift from the football we have started to build? A guy who had 60% possession at Etihad and throw a kitchen sink at them?

He would also bench Rashford from the off.

Good because Rashford needs benching

We've never been linked to him right? He was one of the 'hipster' choices before ETH, but then he failed in the Bayern job. What makes the CAF think he is a good choice?