Julian Alvarez | 75m + 20m add-ons (Euros) fee agreed with Atletico

I think his best position is second striker to be honest

Ridiculous that he's City's bench player.

It is and it isnt. If you have the best striker in the world you obviously want quality for when he's unavailable or needs a rest. The genius part of the transfer for City, on top of the value of course picking him up for cheap is that he can play as a winger too. So you can send him out to do a different job when Haaland is on the pitch as well, or just be there to get the rebounds

To get Alvarez for 15-20m and sell Jesus for 45m is excellent business.

Very lucky, the first one wasn't a penalty. And the second one ricochets off a couple of players to land in front of him.

Very lucky, the first one wasn't a penalty. And the second one ricochets off a couple of players to land in front of him.

1) Keeper misses the ball and impedes him, therefore cant follow up his touch. Cant do that
2) Determination and reactions. Yes it absolutely was luck from that first touch from the defender that bounced up, he reacted to it and jumped on the chance while the defender and keeper let the situation get the better of them. A lot of attackers would have had their head down as soon as the defender rebounded the ball and wouldnt have reacted to take advantage of it. He's also just run 60 yards at speed, so his positive momentum and endurance have got him into that situation and also scared the hell out of the defence who then made mistakes.

1) Keeper misses the ball and impedes him, therefore cant follow up his touch. Cant do that
2) Determination and reactions. Yes it absolutely was luck from that first touch from the defender that bounced up, he reacted to it and jumped on the chance while the defender and keeper let the situation get the better of them. A lot of attackers would have had their head down as soon as the defender rebounded the ball and wouldnt have reacted to take advantage of it.

#1 was definitely a penalty but also it was a poor finish and if the keeper doesn't impede him he isn't getting to that ball before the defender.

#2 was a very nice run and a great reaction at the end but also involved a lot of random pinball luck on a play where he probably should have passed the ball earlier.

It’s baffling how we didn’t even try for him despite being linked to him for ages. Yet again another missed opportunity, and we’ll be moaning yet again in Jan/ summer that there’s no value in the market.

I’m sure he’ll love only facing the likes of Leeds and Forest for the next 2 seasons

I’m sure he’ll love only facing the likes of Leeds and Forest for the next 2 seasons

Already plays against much stronger teams for City

e6e5bbe4889397d100b2a95fbd6030d2.png

He's like a pitbull. Fantastic energy.

Little fecker would be perfect for us and instead is sitting on City's bench half the time. Infuriating to say the least.

The question is does he leave this summer or next.

He’s not going to be happy playing second fiddle to Nordic Goal Yeti. I can see him moving on in a season or two. Deserves to be the main man elsewhere.

Messi probably the most thankful that his strike partner isn't a massive flop for the country finally

The way he seems to play off the shoulder while having a mediocre all around game makes him seem more like Chicharito than anything.

He reminds me more of Suarez minus the racist cannibalism. The bounce of the ball always seems to fall in his favour.

He doesn’t have the high level of technique either had, can you see him scoring multiple free kicks, scoring goals from 30-40 yards, having the most successful dribbles in a single season in the premier league or creating the most chances? I can’t I would say he’s comparable to a Jota or Chicarito, a good hard working poacher who could end up being a top striker but the all round game Tevez and Suarez had, he doesn’t have at least in my limited viewing of him.

As a relatively young player (born 31 Jan 00) he has plenty of time to add and improve different aspects of his game especially when surrounded with top coaches and colleagues.
Hopefully (for me) he will be found a role at City that enables him to play alongside rather than instead of Haaland.
He has the energy and team ethic that Gabriel Jesus gave us and is a better finisher. His link up play is not yet at that level though.

I can see him being given a new improved contract soon.

Hmm

Seems good...

I stand for the same. His workrate is insane. But he didin't finish well at the penalty play, the croatian defenders gave him the second goal. Messi gave him the third goal.

His control on the ball is horrendous, loses way too many balls.

He compensates everything with his workrate, and he is intelligent.

1. How was it not a penalty. Pretty obvious that’s a pen. Unfortunate for the goalie but it’s a penalty.
2. A little luck but he stayed with it. Not many strikers would have scored that.

at the end of the day he cost £14m and is an absolute bargain, he might not reach the levels of Suarez or Tevez, but if he can get close to the levels of Vardy, Defoe etc he'll be an absolute steal

1. How was it not a penalty. Pretty obvious that’s a pen. Unfortunate for the goalie but it’s a penalty.
2. A little luck but he stayed with it. Not many strikers would have scored that.

Yeah ok... That second one was pure luck and quite funny. A couple of bad touches coupled with lucky ball bounces. Don't see anything really special with that lad

To be fair Haaland was injured for a bit and there’s all lot of sub appearances there

Not sure we should expect that to change. Even if he doesn't get hurt, I think City will be careful with Haaland and Alvarez will get a lot of playing time until he asks to leave for Barca or City.

Tevez, Higuain, Aguero, Daybala and Martinez combined have 7 goals in the WC for Argentina.

Alvarez has 4 on his own. He was a big reason for Messi and Argentina winning.

Arg also went 445 mins without conceding a goal with him on the pitch they first conceded in the final through Mbappe penalty.

He was the perfect forward for Messi.