Julian Alvarez | 75m + 20m add-ons (Euros) fee agreed with Atletico

But how'd he fit in though assuming martial and cavani are gone and Ronaldo deservedly being nails on starter that leaves him with 1 spot to fight for and and I don't see how'd he really fit ralfs system
I don't know if he fits Ralf system but he can certainly play in a top 2 along Ronaldo so I think he fist the formation.

Regarding one spot to fight, well I don't think you'll find a top team in Europe, which I think that's what he's aiming for, in which he'll find a complete open spot. It doesn't work that way from players coming from South America.

I don't know if he fits Ralf system but he can certainly play in a top 2 along Ronaldo so I think he fist the formation.

Regarding one spot to fight, well I don't think you'll find a top team in Europe, which I think that's what he's aiming for, in which he'll find a complete open spot. It doesn't work that way from players coming from South America.
Fair enough I just hope he doesn't stunt Mason's growth

I'm pretty excited for this guy even though we have a shitty record with them argentinos

I'm not trying to be negative here but is his stats really that good?

I'm just asking because I have seen stats in South American leagues where they have more goals than performances.

I know nothing about him, and just want to ask.

I'm just asking because I have seen stats in South American leagues where they have more goals than performances.

He seems to be on a clear upward trajectory. This is how you have successful punts and cheaper transfers. Low risk high reward. 17 goals isn’t bad. Real were in for him when he was a youngster. I reckon he’ll be a cracking signing once he gets up to speed with the league.

He seems to be on a clear upward trajectory. This is how you have successful punts and cheaper transfers. Low risk high reward. 17 goals isn’t bad. Real were in for him when he was a youngster. I reckon he’ll be a cracking signing once he gets up to speed with the league.

Okay thanks.

The One reason this does make me happy is because I'm quite conscious about having a right footed striker.

Martial is leaving, Cavani is leaving and Ronaldo may leave or retire depending on where United settle in the league. 3 right footed forwards may be leaving us in the next 6 months to 1 year.

Rashford is not a striker. Neither is Sancho. Greenwood is the only striker we have who is left footed. Amad maybe viewed as a forward too and is left footed. A right footed one wouldn't be a bad signing.

The Argentinian league is the second strongest league in America after the Brazilian. I don't think you'll find many strikers with better numbers in the history of the league.

While the jump from Argentina to the premier league may be too high its not like he's playing in a farmers league.

For comparison Aguero scored 18 and assisted 4 the season he left for Atletico. Really similar numbers to Alvarez.

For the price quoted and the little I’ve seen of him, he seems like he would be a good punt to take. He could be the first gem Rangnick brings to our side.

A front 2 of him and Greenwood would be exciting. And you can add Sancho if we switch it up to a front 3.

Is his Height 1.70 m (5 ft 7 in) not a concern for the EPL?

I’m pretty sure that’s wrong. I watch him every week and he looks at least 5’9. There are several players at River shorter than him.

Is his Height 1.70 m (5 ft 7 in) not a concern for the EPL?

He’s got a turn of pace and can dribble. He seems aggressive in his movement from what I can gather. Left foot right foot finishes. From everything I’ve read he presses really well too. I really don’t think height is an issue. Aguero found spaces multiple times in every game.

I know they don't put the bad touches and missed finishes in highlights but his first touch looks exquisite from those youtube videos. I'd really hope we get him, if not for the terrible luck we have had with Argentinians so far.

Here he is with the Argentinian league title. It's 36 inches high, so Alvarez's height is about 3 foot 5 "

NINTCHDBPICT000701479653.jpg

River Plate website has him at 1.70m which is about 5ft5/6"

Weird. Definitely does not look that short even when you compare him to other teammates in pictures. Still have my doubts on that, but it’s not a hill I’m willing to die on.
What do you think of him? I think he looks deadly and would be quite a coup at the quoted prices to be honest. If he settles he could be anything.

Theoretically he would fit a split striker system well as he’s never been a lone 9, in fact River have tended to play with 3 forwards (2 strikers and a winger type) or even a split striker system like us but with a different formation behind. Also has no issues pressing the defensive line. I can see why a Ralf-managed United would be interested.

You don’t really get these numbers in Argentina without being the real deal. For example, he’s multiple levels above what Pellistri was when we bought him. But he’ll have his pick of clubs around Europe so we’ll see what happens.

Not sure how reliable though. Just popped up on my tl.

Certainly looks a very tidy finisher on both feet, has good striker instincts/positioning also.

For that fee it would be a smart move, Cavani replacement?

Weird. Definitely does not look that short even when you compare him to other teammates in pictures. Still have my doubts on that, but it’s not a hill I’m willing to die on.

Theoretically he would fit a split striker system well as he’s never been a lone 9, in fact River have tended to play with 3 forwards (2 strikers and a winger type) or even a split striker system like us but with a different formation behind. Also has no issues pressing the defensive line. I can see why a Ralf-managed United would be interested.

You don’t really get these numbers in Argentina without being the real deal. For example, he’s multiple levels above what Pellistri was when we bought him. But he’ll have his pick of clubs around Europe so we’ll see what happens.

Very interesting, thank you. I feel like he’s the real deal too. Putting up numbers similar to Aguero before he left obviously bodes well. This is the kind of signing Real Barca or Atletico made into a superstar over and over and we wonder why we don’t use that market. I think their financial woes might just give us a free run at this lad whereas in years gone by we wouldn’t be at the races at all. Fingers crossed. He’d be a much better option in the front 2 than Rashford on current form. If we go back to a 3 he can also play on the wings. All I see is upside to a deal like this for 20 million. Especially as he works in a pressing hardworking system.

River Plate website has him at 1.70m which is about 5ft5/6"
He's quite bulked, 71kg for 1.70m, that's why he looks bigger. He can play well with both feet and is a very good dribler and shooter. He needs to be less selfish, though.

We were linked with one more Argentinian player, Adolfo Gaich last year. Looks good on paper but we rarely sign them.

We were linked with one more Argentinian player, Adolfo Gaich last year. Looks good on paper but we rarely sign them.

I was all for that one as a bargain punt before we signed Cavani as I could see a physical striker was something we were definitely lacking. It’s fair to say this lad looks a totally different proposition and the prices and level of interest from other big clubs reflect that.

I really hope we can get it done. Maybe it’ll be the first of a few direct imports from South America over the next few years. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, it's a bit of harmless January fun but doubt the links will go anywhere, honestly feeling the same about Haidara/Kamara.

Yeah, it's a bit of harmless January fun but doubt the links will go anywhere, honestly feeling the same about Haidara/Kamara.
Yeah agree but on the bolded its worry because imo we achieve little under Ralf until that position is rectified.

C'mon what we are waiting for ? He will become one of the best for sure given proper coaching and team around him

I see more of a young Cavani there! Brilliant goals and control

21 year old wonderkid playing as a striker for River Plate.

With 18 goals and 7 assists in 25 games he's currently the top scorer and 2nd place in assists in the Argentinian league.

He's 1.73m/5'7 and according his type of play is really similar to Lautauro Martinez from Inter.

With a 20M release clause he's been linked with Madrid, Barcelona and Inter.

One to keep an eye for sure.

Obligatory compilation with shitty music:

That video feels eerily like watching Mason Greenwood! Wouldn't be a bad idea to have two double-footed quick strikers for Ralf to work on. If this is real, then Cavani leaving may just be real too. And would cast doubts on us going for Haaland. Looking forward to the January window already...

In last month's match, Argentina 0 Brazil 0, entered the second half, I thought it cost him a little in the physical aspect, the Brazilians were stronger physically than the matches he plays in Argentina.

Romano reckons theres not a lot in this. Weve just sent a scout and nothing else.

I know hes a bit like marmite but worth sharing.

For comparison Aguero scored 18 and assisted 4 the season he left for Atletico. Really similar numbers to Alvarez.
True, but Agüero was 17 years old when he did that and by the time he was 21, he put up the same numbers in Spain.

18 goals in 17 games this season. £17m release clause. Who says no?..

Him assumedly.