Julen Lopetegui watch

They'll be looking for Moyes back soon but he should tell them to do one.

I don't really get what they're trying to do.

My understanding of Lopetegui's approach was low tempo, possession heavy, suffocating football. Relatively low scoring and defensively solid, but through a heavy emphasis on keeping possession, playing from the back, not sitting deep in a low block, attacking fullbacks providing the width, etc.

But as far as I can see the players they brought in this summer don't really fit that possession-focused approach, apart from possibly Todibo. So is Lopetegui trying to do something different or have they recruited players who don't really fit? I don't get it.

Potter or Southgate to the rescue just before we play them end October?

Getting what they deserve. This was all too predictable. West Ham fans and the board get tired of respectable league finishes and even a fecking trophy under Moyes, “because the football isn’t pretty enough”. So they sack him, back the new manager with signings Moyes was crying out for last year, and they nosedive.

Surely a better option would’ve been to have brought in these new players and told Moyes they expected incremental improvement, especially in the style of play. Evolution rather than revolution. There was clearly a lack of appreciation for the results that Moyes was getting out of the players he had available. And people are so quick to forget that this is a results business. I suspect the only excitement Hammers fans will get this season is a brief flirtation with relegation, before Lopetegui is fired and the ship is steadied.

They look defensively vulnerable ample spaces in the wider areas and not very compact centrally.

Perhaps someone like Amorim would have been more sufficient given he plays 5 across the defence with three at the back in possession, something I could see West Ham doing.

Really strange appointment to follow Moyes. The summer transfers have lacked direction aswell.

Think Potter would do more long term with this squad. Also wearing jeans on the touchline?!

Really strange appointment to follow Moyes. The summer transfers have lacked direction aswell.

Think Potter would do more long term with this squad. Also wearing jeans on the touchline?!

Should be sacked for that alone tbh.

Replacing Moyes to get better football always seemed exciting for West Ham but when they announced it'd be Lopetegui it was bit odd and underwhelming. Wolves were dull to watch under him if I remember correctly.

I don't really get what they're trying to do.

My understanding of Lopetegui's approach was low tempo, possession heavy, suffocating football. Relatively low scoring and defensively solid, but through a heavy emphasis on keeping possession, playing from the back, not sitting deep in a low block, attacking fullbacks providing the width, etc.

But as far as I can see the players they brought in this summer don't really fit that possession-focused approach, apart from possibly Todibo. So is Lopetegui trying to do something different or have they recruited players who don't really fit? I don't get it.
Yeah they're a mess. Amateur hour at the top for those responsible for appointing Lopetegui with that squad profile and those signings. All very disconnected.

xG and xGA stats have them as one of the worst in the league this season.

Still time to turn it around I suppose but not exactly what WH fans were clamouring for post Moyes.

West Ham are such a strange club. They have a good pool of youngsters, great catchment area, great fans, new stadium etc, yet they seem all over the place, season after season, no clear direction, no forward planning.