Jose Mourinho appreciation thread

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I thought this would be funny given how many people loathe him on here (take heart I put this in the football forum) and also because I always enjoy his interviews. Seemed to tear up speaking about SAF and curried favour with the fans when he said he might be able to collect a medal and a win bonus for 2018 if City get torched (probably the only manager on record to speak so bluntly about the City situation).

He's looking well too. Hope we destroy them on Thursday, but otherwise wish him well.

The most charismatic man in Football. He has had countless iconic press conferences in his career. Easily the best interviewee in the world of sports. Football needs more characters like him. Sick and tired of the boring, media-trained PR robots today.

Also achieved the highest peak I have ever seen a manager achieve. Back to back Europa and CL with Porto, goes to the best league in the world and dominates it from day 1, joins a new league and wins a treble and then joins another league and wins it against the best club side ever while breaking records. Prime Mourinho had an aura of invincibility around him.

He was the manager I was most gutted about leaving in the post-Fergie era, as well as the one I felt had the best chance of turning it around. The results in his last season were nowhere near the form we are seeing currently.

Was also surprised to see we were the 3rd longest stint of his managerial career, not that the bar was raised high...

Even though he's toxic and long past his best, I can't help but like the guy.

His interviews have been absolutely gold over the years e.g. "I have nussing to say".

I like the way he speaks his mind and doesn't seem to care who he offends.

Not sure that he's upto much as a manager anymore but I could listen to him talk all day. Hopefully once he's done in Turkiye, Sky Sports throw the money they pay Neville and Carragher at him.

Although the way he left was classic Mourinho, he won us the CL, so I can not like the guy,

It’s sad how far he has fallen from grace.

Last edited:
I remember this random interview he did back in 2007 I think it was, where some journalist asked him which Premier League manager he'd least like to get into a fistfight with :lol:

His response was - "Big Sam! He would kill me!" :lol:

His football knowledge is still amazing, but he lost the art of being patient for the long term, and that plays against him.

The press conference was funny. The SAF part seemed very genuine, definitely teared up there. His response about the left back was classic Mourinho.

Despite the hate he gets from all corners, I still think that he is a great person. That's the guy that should have taken over after Fergie.
Wish him all the best.

He's an undisputed legend of football management regardless of how his time with us ended up. He also seems like the type of character that can have a good laugh about himself behind closed doors rather than the comically serious or cryptic types like Pep.

We ruined the poor man.

He was winning titles with Abramovich's chelsea to managing Fellaini and Lingard.

Roma have capitulated this term.

Always loved him and still do. Ended when it had to I suppose but can't help but love him. Does seem like he has a real affinity with us I'm not sure he does for anywhere else.

There's times when I find him such a loathsome guy, especially the arrogance and need to fight everyone of early Mourinho, and yet there's times when I find him charming and captivating. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium with Jose.

Young Mourinho confidence was something else.

I remember one hilarious interview of him at Porto.

He was ranting about referees and the “the system”.

Finished off saying, we are the best side, we are better than everybody else by miles. In normal conditions we will be champions, in abnormal conditions(system against Porto)…. We’ll still be champions.
And then he stormed off like a boss.

And of course he was champion and won the uefa cup that year. And did even better the next year.

Legend.

Last edited:
He was absolutely dire considering his reputation and the financial backing he received. Never once challenged for the prem or CL.
But yeah he was better than Moyes and Ole and a well past it Van Gaal woohoo?

What did you think of our starting XI under Mourinho? Not sure if serious when you refer the financial backing he had. It wasn't that great.

What did you think of our starting XI under Mourinho? Not sure if serious when you refer the financial backing he had. It wasn't that great.
Ibra, pogba, mhki, Bailly, lindelof, Alexis he was backed heavily most of them were duds and/or underperformed but he was backed.

The press conference was funny. The SAF part seemed very genuine, definitely teared up there. His response about the left back was classic Mourinho.

Despite the hate he gets from all corners, I still think that he is a great person. That's the guy that should have taken over after Fergie.
Wish him all the best.

Should never have been let in the door.

Ibra, pogba, mhki, Bailly, lindelof, Alexis he was backed heavily most of them were duds and/or underperformed but he was backed.

Backed so much that after finishing 2nd with by far our largest points haul post Fergie (the only year we got over 80 points), he was rewarded with a 19 yr old full back and Fred.

It went like this with Mou.

• Season 1: Backed, rewarded club with a league & UEFA cup double.
• Season 2: Backed, rewarded club with an 80 + point season.
• Season 3: not backed at all, club appeared to freak out he wanted rid of Martial and Pogba and just fecked him over.
That Summer the club clearly decided that it was players > manager.

I wish he'd put ethl in his place for kinda putting himself in the same league as Jose. I'd be very pissed if I'd achieved what he has and this numpty thinks he's the same level.