Ji-Sung Park to leave Man Utd? | Has left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelvin

why should he leave, the media have blow his quote out of context, enough said....

Moriarty

Wow, that is retarded in the extreme.
Probably sounds a lot better in Korean.

Today's Guardian suggests that Park may be one of the players sold to accomodate Young. They're also saying that Nani might also be on his way because "sources" in Portugal are making noises about Nani's desire to play in Italy.

Kelvin

Probably sounds a lot better in Korean.

Today's Guardian suggests that Park may be one of the players sold to accomodate Young. They're also saying that Nani might also be on his way because "sources" in Portugal are making noises about Nani's desire to play in Italy.
why would Nani want to play in italy, you don't sell one of your best player last season to fund signings.

Moriarty

why would Nani want to play in italy, you don't sell one of your best player last season to fund signings.
Just a hack trying to stir up shit. Everybody's trying to get a different angle. Next it will be Rooney talking to Real Madrid or Vidic on his way to Chelsea. There's always some nonsense.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I think the idea of a player being done at 30 is bulshit.

It depends on the player.

dev1l

i know its the silly season but this year there are too many united players linked with other clubs:pig, vidic, rio, nani, park, evans, bebrbatov, obertan, not to mention the sunderland boind trio.
Is it the club trying to raise cash, despite the claims of having 180m in bank?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Delighted for him, and us. Good player, solid, hardworking, with a knack for performing best when we really need someone to. Long may he stay.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
He's got better as times gone on, I think he will have an excellent season this year, looked fantastic through pre-season.

davisjw

Almost had a heart attack as my irrational head went straight to: Didn't play in Community shield or against Barca, bump of him leaving United... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully it's YES!!!!!!! If he continues where he is, you could see his 10 years here and a testimonial. Imagine Old Trafford full of Koreans :devil:

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Almost had a heart attack as my irrational head went straight to: Didn't play in Community shield or against Barca, bump of him leaving United... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully it's YES!!!!!!! If he continues where he is, you could see his 10 years here and a testimonial. Imagine Old Trafford full of Koreans :devil:
Absolutely no relevance, but that reminds me of the song:

"We all dream of a team of Gary Breens - a team Gary Breens...a team Gary Breens...we all dream of a team of Gary Breens - a team Gary Breens...a team Gary Breens..."

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Reports in Holland saying he's rejoined PSV. Would be happy for him, he deserves better than the joke that is QPR.

alastair

ignorant
To be fair, I think a lot of QPR fans would argue he played a fundamental role in creating the joke that was QPR last season.

Absolutely brutal last season.

Mad Winger

He's past it at top level now it seems. Pity.

Still, he can look back on many good years in United! He's certainly one of my all-time favorites. He's not as skilled as Scholes or as epic as Solskjær, but he's still a personal hero. I hope he does well in PSV so that his career can end on a relatively high note.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
To be fair, I think a lot of QPR fans would argue he played a fundamental role in creating the joke that was QPR last season.

Absolutely brutal last season.
Unfortunately so.

A player like Park should have retired on a high or joined a club in S Korea/USA/Aus etc to end his career.

Loved him here at Utd.

Mad Winger

His best years are well behind him at this stage, why would PSV want him.
The Eredivisie is not exactly top notch, so why not? It's just one year since Park was a Manchester United star, and it's only been two years since his epic game against Chelsea where he almost single-handedly won us #20. That is one of the best games I've seen from a United player.

There are tons of players who completely shits over the Eredivise but never becomes half as successful as Park when they go to tougher leagues. The way I see it, PSV are the ones getting a good deal here, even though Park is "past it".

The Neviller

His game, based mostly on endlessly running around and being a pest, doesn't really carry well into the 30's. He never had enough technical ability to be able to still make an impact once he stopped running on three lungs.

Mad Winger

His game, based mostly on endlessly running around and being a pest, doesn't really carry well into the 30's. He never had enough technical ability to be able to still make an impact once he stopped running on three lungs.
Maybe not at the highest level, but certainly in one of the weaker leagues.

Still, I think that Park's technical abilities always have been heavily underestimated. Sure, he's no Iniesta, but it's not like his entire game is based on off-the-ball movement. He wouldn't have made it as a winger/attacking-midfielder at United if that was all he could do well.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen

Yeah he was pretty bad. Can see why we let him go - those knees just don't look good anymore. Any time he had to pull up and turn he was like the Titanic.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Still, I think that Park's technical abilities always have been heavily underestimated. Sure, he's no Iniesta, but it's not like his entire game is based on off-the-ball movement. He wouldn't have made it as a winger/attacking-midfielder at United if that was all he could do well.
He had an uncanny knack of scoring in big games. Good luck to him but I agree he might have been better going for a big pay off in the US or Korea.

The Neviller

He didn't really make it in that position at United because of his creative abilities, he played most of his games when we wanted a defensive option in there, to run, chase and hassle the opposition. His game was mostly based on stamina, hard work and running. Now those attributes are fading, and he hasn't got enough extra in his locker to play at a higher level.

Loyal servant for United, but his last season here, and last season at QPR, he looked woefully out of his depth.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
The Eredivisie is not exactly top notch, so why not? It's just one year since Park was a Manchester United star, and it's only been two years since his epic game against Chelsea where he almost single-handedly won us #20. That is one of the best games I've seen from a United player.

There are tons of players who completely shits over the Eredivise but never becomes half as successful as Park when they go to tougher leagues. The way I see it, PSV are the ones getting a good deal here, even though Park is "past it".
Park's game at home to Chelsea was one of the best performances I've seen from a United player. He played like a demon. The amount of tackles and interceptions stunned the Chelsea midfield. It was like they couldn't believe this tiny Korean guy was making them look like a League 1 team.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I am not surprised that he did shit at QPR. I liked Park, but he provided little apart from workrate. Once the latter was gone, I doubt that he could justify a place in the EPL.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Park was about much more than just workrate. Very good player

he showed that at qpr. Just because a player is all workrate that doesn't mean that he's not effective. Gattuso nearly singlehandedly kept players like Scholes and Zidane in his pockets for numerous occasions, winning CLs and a WC in the process.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
he showed at qpr
Where he was well past it. You can't seriously sit there and tell me the only thing Park had going for him was running around. He was a very good player with the ball as well and that combined with his workrate made him a very good player

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
He was and SAF wouldn't have made him one of our first names on the teamsheet in important CL games if all he had going for him was his workrate. He was technically decent, could execute a game plan to perfection (which is probably not seen as a huge quality, but was really important for us) and seemed to be a real big game player. He had a lot going for him and was one of the reasons why we did so well during his years here, there were real sporting reasons to have him at the club and he wasn't just a marketing coup. Just a shame his legacy will be tarnished by his last season for us and his season for QPR.

Cina

He was a very good player. I'd prefer a 27 year old Park to a 27 year old Young.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
remember the first time i saw him for PSV v Milan in the CL. absolutely tore them apart

Good luck to him whatever he does

Status
Not open for further replies.