Jean-Clair Todibo

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would be happy with Todibo or Branthwaite. I haven’t seen much of Todibo lately, but if he’s attracting this sort of interest again then he’s starting to fulfil his potential, and I watched him when he was a teenager and thought he was fantastic.

Thought it’s been longer than it has though, pleasantly surprised that he’s still only 23!

croadyman

Would be happy with Todibo or Branthwaite. I haven’t seen much of Todibo lately, but if he’s attracting this sort of interest again then he’s starting to fulfil his potential, and I watched him when he was a teenager and thought he was fantastic.

Thought it’s been longer than it has though, pleasantly surprised that he’s still only 23!
Looking at his stats which I know is only a guideline but his only poor one is progressive carries. Should that be of any concern to us or is a very minor problem

tidraKS

What's the reason he was sold by Barca?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He was really highly rated at Barca when he was younger and every FM had him as a wonderkid but then moved to Nice and I haven't heard about him since but assume he has been playing better?

I think Barca are due a % of the sell on too if memory serves.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Looking at his stats which I know is only a guideline but his only poor one is progressive carries. Should that be of any concern to us or is a very minor problem
The thing is, the Todibo I remember as a teenager used to bring the ball out very impressively. He was absolutely lightning too, but I remember seeing him dribbling and coming forward.

As I said, I assumed he had totally fallen off after seeing him at Schalke in recent years and can’t say I have seen what he’s up to lately. But if he’s attracting interest, it only stands to confirm what I saw when he was younger is still there, so my view on him is based on that.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
What's the reason he was sold by Barca?
He was considered a ‘flop’ at Barcelona for some reason, I didn’t really watch him there, he didn’t get many minutes and he was often mentioned amongst ‘flop of the season’ convos. Hard to say what went wrong there as I suspect much of it was behind the scenes, training etc. It’s like assessing why it wasn’t working for VDB in his first season, which would have been hard to say accurately as we hardly saw him!

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If West Ham are pushing for Maguire and McT for £60 mill, and then Fred and VdB are going as well, expect this lad and Amarabat to be wrapped up quickly.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He was considered a ‘flop’ at Barcelona for some reason, I didn’t really watch him there, he didn’t get many minutes and he was often mentioned amongst ‘flop of the season’ convos. Hard to say what went wrong there as I suspect much of it was behind the scenes, training etc. It’s like assessing why it wasn’t working for VDB in his first season, which would have been hard to say accurately as we hardly saw him!
Wasn't he signed on a free? Hard to call an 18/19 year old a flop when he didn't cost anything.

Think it was just Barca doing their best to make some cash, same with Auba and Arsenal/Chelsea.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
How things change. This guy was atrocious for Benfica the few times he played for them. Now I see it wasn't entirely his fault. What happened with him dispels the myth that Jorge Jesus is actually a good player developer. I mean, he wanted to play Bernardo Silva as a right back or something.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wasn't he signed on a free? Hard to call an 18/19 year old a flop when he didn't cost anything.

Think it was just Barca doing their best to make some cash, same with Auba and Arsenal/Chelsea.
He was a free but he wasn’t any old free. All the top clubs wanted him and he was seen as a huge talent.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It seems like Todibo will be pursued if we can get someone to take Maguire. And I'm of the opinion that someone will end up signing Maguire at some point this month.

Todibo at 23 years old would potentially be a very good signing imo. He's good on the ball and his out of possession game defending the channel in 1v1s is elite from what I've seen. My preference is Ousmane Diomande from SCP, but he's a option for next season.
Good call about Diomande but it's too soon for him. I firmly believe that he will become one of the best CB in the world. He needs at least two more seasons at Sporting. His physical attributes are incredible, his quickness, aerial presence, he got the full package for the Premier League.

He just needs to evolve a bit in technical terms, work on his concentration lapses and gain experience.

I think Arsenal has him shortlisted already. He will definitely end up in the Premier League in the future.

luke511

How things change. This guy was atrocious for Benfica the few times he played for them. Now I see it wasn't entirely his fault. What happened with him dispels the myth that Jorge Jesus is actually a good player developer. I mean, he wanted to play Bernardo Silva as a right back or something.
I’ve seen him have a few shockers for Nice and he had a bad run at Schalke too. He has his strengths evidently but he seems to be error prone, similar to the player he’s lined up to replace. I don’t think he’s Utd quality but I suppose he’s an improvement on Maguire.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I’ve seen him have a few shockers for Nice and he had a bad run at Schalke too. He has his strengths evidently but he seems to be error prone, similar to the player he’s lined up to replace. I don’t think he’s Utd quality but I suppose he’s an improvement on Maguire.
Agreed with your assessment Luke. It was one of his main problems and exactly because of that the manager at Benfica didn't trust him. I'm not even sure he's that better than Maguire. His physical attributes are but at least Maguire had some decent seasons in the prem in a system that suited him. He also has been some what decent for England. I don't think Todibo has the level needed for a club of United's stature.

croadyman

Agreed with your assessment Luke. It was one of his main problems and exactly because of that the manager at Benfica didn't trust him. I'm not even sure he's that better than Maguire. His physical attributes are but at least Maguire had some decent seasons in the prem in a system that suited him. He also has been some what decent for England. I don't think Todibo has the level needed for a club of United's stature.
Yeah just like I thought missing out on Min-Jae actually feels like an utterly dreadful mistake

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yeah just like I thought missing out on Min-Jae actually feels like an utterly dreadful mistake
It was a pity indeed as Min Jae is one my favorite CB. I believe he would become one of the fan favorites like Park Ji Sung was. He's an incredible, reliable CB. Bayern did what they usually do. Move quick and get their target.

croadyman

It was a pity indeed as Min Jae is one my favorite CB. I believe he would become one of the fan favorites like Park Ji Sung was. He's an incredible, reliable CB. Bayern did what they usually do. Move quick and get their target.
Sickening we couldn't move Maguire whilst he was available,damn it so annoying we are now forced to look elsewhere

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If West Ham are pushing for Maguire and McT for £60 mill, and then Fred and VdB are going as well, expect this lad and Amarabat to be wrapped up quickly.
We need to get Lavia and not another one of Ten Hag’s children!

daba

Would make sense to me. We could then sign a top class right footed centre back to replace Varane when the time comes.
Agree, I would prefer to see us go for a back up LCB this summer and then next summer sell Lindelof and go big on a top top young CB next year : A.Silva, Scalvini or Diomande.

Who that LCB could be I’m not actually sure. Brantwhaite would be interesting but I know very little about him. Lukeba is meant to be highly rated but maybe he wouldn’t come due to Lisandro. Tough one.

Remember the geese

Who that LCB could be I’m not actually sure. Brantwhaite would be interesting but I know very little about him. Lukeba is meant to be highly rated but maybe he wouldn’t come due to Lisandro. Tough one.
Inacio has been linked fleetingly in the past. I haven't seen enough of him to judge, but potentially could be an option.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don’t know anything about Todiba but I guess this was what I was expecting because he is a young player with a quite long career at Barcelona, Benfica & Schalke & Nice (& possibly more).

croadyman

Agree, I would prefer to see us go for a back up LCB this summer and then next summer sell Lindelof and go big on a top top young CB next year : A.Silva, Scalvini or Diomande.

Yeah Branthwaite really looks appealing at CB,so how good are Silva,Scalvini & Diomande compared to Min-Jae (measuring stick)

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Good call about Diomande but it's too soon for him. I firmly believe that he will become one of the best CB in the world. He needs at least two more seasons at Sporting. His physical attributes are incredible, his quickness, aerial presence, he got the full package for the Premier League.

He just needs to evolve a bit in technical terms, work on his concentration lapses and gain experience.

I think Arsenal has him shortlisted already. He will definitely end up in the Premier League in the future.
I really like Diomande and I also agree that staying at SCP for a few more years would be great for his development. But think if he can kick on from last season and improve a little bit more, then I think some club will make a serious attempt to sign him. At 19 years of age, he's showing big potential for a RCB.

Regarding Todibo, he was at Toulouse before he joined Barcelona at 19. He rejected quite a few big offers from clubs like Man City to join Barcelona. But I'm not sure exactly what happened at Barcelona, but at his young age, he needed games for his development and he then was sent on loan to a club managed by Jorge Jesus. And it seems like he now has stability at Nice, as far as playing games is concerned, and he's showing his potential. The mistake I feel he made, was not joining a top 4 French club after leaving Toulouse. I think if he had joined a Monaco or a Lens, his development would've been more stable.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Inacio has been linked fleetingly in the past. I haven't seen enough of him to judge, but potentially could be an option.
I don't know if Inácio is good enough for United. He has been evolving in a secure, steady pace though. He is now part of Martinez choices for the Portuguese national team and there were rumors Newcastle was after him but it failed to materialize.

Inacio is a very good ball playing CB (Amorim is experimenting him in midfield) but he needs a physically imposing CB next to him (either Coates or Diomande). Although he can hold his own, aerial game isn't his specialty. Martinez and Inácio wouldn't work.