Jean-Clair Todibo | signs for West Ham on loan with option to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad they fecked us with that transfer ban. I reckon we would have solved our lack of signing problems by getting Thuram and Todibo if we would habe been able to do that.

Too bad they fecked us with that transfer ban. I reckon we would have solved our lack of signing problems by getting Thuram and Todibo if we would habe been able to do that.

He would have saved us a fair bit of money compared to De Ligt. Not sure who is considered the better player though. That’s up for debate.

But that may have meant no Yoro.

Instead of De Ligt. He wouldn't cost 42m.
Even instead of Yoro, that would have saved us a large amount of money (Todibo available much cheaper, especially if first season just a loan fee as reported for Juventus) and probably enabled us to get at least one of the other deals over the line.

Probably two if another of the deals had been Thuram - who'd have been cheaper than Ugarte. Even three deals, if the first year's fee for Todibo had just been a small loan fee like with Juventus!

So yeah, a real blow that the rule change / transfer ban has screwed over that option.

Can we swap Sancho for him once they've bought him?

Can we swap Sancho for him once they've bought him?

I think there's a cool down period that extends to next summer. Someone can correct me on that.
I think they covered that with the 'direct or indirect' transfer. That would probably fall into an indirect way of doing the transfer.

They've also then extended it so that - for us - it isn't just if we're in the same competitions as Nice, it now extends to past next summers window as well. So we can't do direct or indirect transfers with Nice for 3 windows now, even if we're not in the same competition as them for the last two.

Meanwhile, the other multi club owners plod merrily along...

I think there's a cool down period that extends to next summer. Someone can correct me on that.

I think they covered that with the 'direct or indirect' transfer. That would probably fall into an indirect way of doing the transfer.

They've also then extended it so that - for us - it isn't just if we're in the same competitions as Nice, it now extends to past next summers window as well. So we can't do direct or indirect transfers with Nice for 3 windows now, even if we're not in the same competition as them for the last two.

Ah cheers. Of course.

Fair enough. West Ham are really trying to go for it with their purchases this year. Hope he rejects them and goes to Juventus so they can come back calling for Maguire.

Repeating it won't make it true.

Leipzig and Salzburg are the only clubs who have gotten around the rules. United and Girona are getting away easy this year, all other multiclubs have had it harder.

Why do talented players want to go waste their time at nothing clubs like West Ham? Why would he not pick Juventus.

Why do talented players want to go waste their time at nothing clubs like West Ham? Why would he not pick Juventus.

Because Juve haven't got the money or they don't want to risk the money, West Ham are relatively cash rich this summer so can provide the money.

This is Tobido/agent realising Nice will not accept whatever Juve are offering and going for the next best option.

If he proves himself in the prem there will be another big move opportunity I'm sure nit that far down the line anyways,

Because Juve haven't got the money or they don't want to risk the money, West Ham are relatively cash rich this summer so can provide the money.

This is Tobido/agent realising Nice will not accept whatever Juve are offering and going for the next best option.

If he proves himself in the prem there will be another big move opportunity I'm sure nit that far down the line anyways,
Pretty similar situation to Yoro coming to United instead of Real

Interesting that it’s a loan with just an option to buy

So if he is clearly too good for them, in a years time he can simply reject them permanently and join United instead?

(Similar to Tevez did I guess?)

We can sign him next summer can’t we?

So if he is clearly too good for them, in a years time he can simply reject them permanently and join United instead?

(Similar to Tevez did I guess?)

We can sign him next summer can’t we?
I thought I read somewhere that the transfer ban between us and Nice wont be lifted until after the next summer transfer window....unless I heard wrong.

I thought I read somewhere that the transfer ban between us and Nice wont be lifted until after the next summer transfer window....unless I heard wrong.
Maybe. I thought we agreed with UEFA not to sign players from Nice until 2025 but we can do then - but can’t remember exactly

I still think it’s extremely unfair when city have bought about 3 players from their feeder teams already this summer, but whatever I guess

Conspiracy theory, but I’ll choose to believe that INEOS have proposed a loan with an obligation so that West Ham have enough cash to get AWB. I mean, why would they?

Conspiracy theory, but I’ll choose to believe that INEOS have proposed a loan with an obligation so that West Ham have enough cash to get AWB. I mean, why would they?
That's a good point.

Wonder how todibo feels about this move. playing for west ham instead of Juventus

Damn. Why are Nice selling to one of our direct rivals for 8th place.

Status
Not open for further replies.