Jarrad Branthwaite

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Thought he had a good game tbh. Wasn't really troubled at all.

Would be surprised if he didn't win POTS and YPOTS (for us).

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
€93 million. Mental. Thanks, but no thanks.
Time for United to be smart and see if the scouting department can provide cheaper alternatives or has unearthed a hidden gem.
Between him, Neves and Olise were looking at over £200m. Tbh I didn't think this is the route Ineos would take. I think we need 8 or 9 top class players to make Ten Hag football palatable, so £600m+ needed to get us looking better.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Can you counter his arguments ? because this video made me think again about Branthwaite
Not sure why you edited instead of quoting but as @Van Piorsing says, he's 21. He's not the finished article, the point is judging his current ability and potential, he's already been one of the best performing defenders this season at his age and put in multiple MOTM performances, showcasing his abilities of aerial duels, pace, old school defending like blocks/interceptions etc. he is a proactive defender that tries to read the game by pushing high and intercepting, which is why we have a defender like Tarks / Myko beside him who are in place to cover for that. Where was Van Dijk at 21? He took 4-5 years before Liverpool splurged that amount on him but it's about jumping in first instead of waiting until the price goes even further.
Why's he a scumbag?
Scammed fans etc.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not sure why you edited instead of quoting but as @Van Piorsing says, he's 21. He's not the finished article, the point is judging his current ability and potential, he's already been one of the best performing defenders this season at his age and put in multiple MOTM performances, showcasing his abilities of aerial duels, pace, old school defending like blocks/interceptions etc. he is a proactive defender that tries to read the game by pushing high and intercepting, which is why we have a defender like Tarks / Myko beside him who are in place to cover for that. Where was Van Dijk at 21? He took 4-5 years before Liverpool splurged that amount on him but it's about jumping in first instead of waiting until the price goes even further.

Scammed fans etc.
Surely that'd make him a scambag?

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The dog on the street can see this guy is the real deal. Sign him up! I remember years of people on this forum saying 30/40/50m was too much for Rice, some even suggested McTominay was better. Get him now before someone else does
I'd think that he is already beyond our price range, I'd be astonished if Everton are thinking of anything less than £75m plus add ons.

Hal9000

Not for £80m, it'll be a game of cat and mouse as we know Everton's takeover is probably not going to happen but do we wait that long?

davidmichael

I thought that Everton’s director of football said they need to sell players this summer and because of the takeover not happening so they’ve lost £250 million over three years and around £90 million last season alone so it’s even more essential they do, I don’t see Everton holding out for £75 million and it’ll be a simple case of start high and negotiate.

I read somewhere that DCL won’t sign a new contract or Everton won’t give him a new one so he’ll go along with Keane, Young, Gomes, Onana, Alli and Branthwaite this summer just to try and balance the books they’re now nearly £350 million in debt. I think Branthwaite can be got for £55 million and we could try throwing in players seeing as Everton could be light squad wise.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I've seen him a good few times this season and I do not see it. Certainly not for big money. Why is he hyped so much?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s clearly very talented for his age. He has the talent to be one of the best defenders in the league in his prime. It’s just a case of can he reach his peak at United, can we afford to wait and do the finances make sense for a player who still has a long way to go.

luke511

I’ve spoke to a fair amount of Everton fans and they all rave about him, saying he’s worth around the £60-70 million range. I’d like to think we’re at the front of the queue.

JE-365

I watched Everton few times this season and I think this guy is highly talented. He’s strong on any duels and composed when the ball on his feet plus he can use both of his feet. I often see him chooses to pass the ball to retain possession when he was defending in his box rather than just clearing the ball. I think there is world class potential in him to develop into one in the future.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I thought that Everton’s director of football said they need to sell players this summer and because of the takeover not happening so they’ve lost £250 million over three years and around £90 million last season alone so it’s even more essential they do, I don’t see Everton holding out for £75 million and it’ll be a simple case of start high and negotiate.

I read somewhere that DCL won’t sign a new contract or Everton won’t give him a new one so he’ll go along with Keane, Young, Gomes, Onana, Alli and Branthwaite this summer just to try and balance the books they’re now nearly £350 million in debt. I think Branthwaite can be got for £55 million and we could try throwing in players seeing as Everton could be light squad wise.
Yes, I was going to start an early thread for us tbh because we will have a very intriguing summer because there's a lot of players out of contract this and next summer and some assets like Onana/Pickford/Branthwaite that we can end up selling. I think that Onana is guaranteed to be sold and then if we end up selling someone like DCL then there is a slim chance we keep Branthwaite unless someone does bid silly money in that 75-80m range.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I’ve spoke to a fair amount of Everton fans and they all rave about him, saying he’s worth around the £60-70 million range. I’d like to think we’re at the front of the queue.
Of course they rave about him, who else have they got ?