Jannik Vestergaard

I can see Liverpool swooping for him from their feeder club once again to address their crisis at CB.

I think he’d be a very good signing for Liverpool. Assuming Van Dijk doesn’t totally lose his pace from the injury that would be a good partnership. He’s much better than Gomez or Matip.

He was playing for Bremen a few years back and he was absolutely diabolical. He seems to have gotten better or the system Southampton plays works in his favour.

No idea how he managed to look decent. But we should be wary of players with such a low bottom level.

He can't have been that bad at Bremen, if Gladbach was willing to pay a significant (for them, at the time) fee for him.

He can't have been that bad at Bremen, if Gladbach was willing to pay a significant (for them, at the time) fee for him.
You have no idea. He was shocking most of the time. I lived in Bremen for a couple of years and have friends there who are still season ticket holders at Weser it's safe to say their memory of his time at the club was bad to say the least. He looks totally different as a player now that is for sure, but I have my doubts about him as a player.

You have no idea. He was shocking most of the time. I lived in Bremen for a couple of years and have friends there who are still season ticket holders at Weser it's safe to say their memory of his time at the club was bad to say the least. He looks totally different as a player now that is for sure, but I have my doubts about him as a player.

To be honest I don't really remember how well or badly he did at Bremen, but I still guarantee you that Gladbach wouldn't have made him their second most expensive signing ever at the time if they weren't sure that he was at least top 6 quality.

Last edited:
He’s not good enough. Southampton system makes him look good. He isn’t as good as what we have. Maguire, Lindelof & Bailly are all better. Trust me he’s not Van Dijk 2.0.

Not paid a great deal of attention to him but he was immense vs City, just had that aura about him that the top CBs have. Probably helps that he's absolutely massive too.

I think he’d be a very good signing for Liverpool. Assuming Van Dijk doesn’t totally lose his pace from the injury that would be a good partnership. He’s much better than Gomez or Matip.
Absolutely. Liverpool could do a lot worse.

What a strike. He is a baller. Can more than defend. A confidence cb on the ball.

Dictating as a cb playmaker...against City. Most of the time his teammates gave the ball to him?Why?Because they are not confidence on the ball. The Vestergaard taking responsibility to spread the passes around.

I would love to see those precise diagonal and trough passes to Greenwood and United RW/CF.
A precise pass run faster than a player with the ball running.

He is a baller. Isn’t he a CB?The guy is really good with ball. High confidence with the ball at his feet.

Sign him in January Ole. Just heard Mourinho might need a CB too.

Bailly/Mengi/Tuanzebe - Maguire/Vestergaard

Vestergaard to rotate with Maguire = strong squad depth

Why signing centre back to rotate Maguire? Rotating your pair of centre back is just not good idea. And he’s too slow to be pair with Maguire so he doesn’t really offer something different to our team, we are all know what we need right now is someone who has pace to recover the ball back and good one on one. If we are worry about Maguire being injured long term one day this season then that’s when Tuanzebe needs to step up.

Although he has transformed into much better centre back this season, credit where it’s due to both player and manager. He was never in the candidate for Southampton regular centre back previous seasons.

Not sure what Vestegaard would cost but I’d expect Liverpool to make a Klavan type stopgap signing instead