Jamie Carragher

Weird that nobody has commented about his fake laughter and predictions before the FA cup final. He does the same now with United reaching top 4.

Weird that nobody has commented about his fake laughter and predictions before the FA cup final. He does the same now with United reaching top 4.

I thought that. Disappeared for weeks after the final - and now it's been swept under the carpet.

Probably only agreed to return as long as no-one mentions it. Always at the forefront of jokes scousers - apart from when it's against them, and then they are the most sensitive bunch imaginable.

What did he say? Because he surely wasn’t the only pundit who predicted a city win?

What did he say? Because he surely wasn’t the only pundit who predicted a city win?
For sure, it's not like that anyone of us here had big hopes either. It's just how he expressed it.

Sent a video of it to you.

For sure, it's not like that anyone of us here had big hopes either. It's just how he expressed it.

Sent a video of it to you.
Cheers. He went too early with the mocking, but Keano and wright didn’t give us a chance either. Neville the only one who thought we wouldn’t get pumped!

Carragher is spitting facts. Hate him. But he’s so right. Ten Hag is not the man to take us forward. Always talks sense about Utd.

He mentioned something like Slot has been here for 3 games and he can already see what he’s trying to do and achieve, whereas ten Hags been here for 3 years and he’s still not sure what he’s trying to do - is very true. And painful

Carragher is spitting facts. Hate him. But he’s so right. Ten Hag is not the man to take us forward. Always talks sense about Utd.
Yes. He is a better pundit than Neville in all matters that don’t involve Liverpool. He has been banging about a lack of style of play and organisation for a while and picked EtH as one of the first managers to be fired this season.

I respect what he's saying, you've got Gary dancing around realistic questions and Carragher exposing the nonsense.

What he said about INEOS is true, this isn't their manager and there's no real reset until Erik's gone.

Carragher is ok. Apparently buys the United fanzine and respects the club (when he isn’t spitting at our fans)

I don’t think he’d say anything simply out of hatred for the club.

The way he was laughing at Neville then. Mate your teams won 1 PL title in 30 years. And you didn’t win any.

I respect what he's saying, you've got Gary dancing around realistic questions and Carragher exposing the nonsense.

What he said about INEOS is true, this isn't their manager and there's no real reset until Erik's gone.

But at the same time, they tried to get "their" manager and failed, so whatever choice they put in wouldn't have been their choice either and would have been with players they likely don't want that Ineos doesn't also want... while not winning the FA Cup to buy some time. Unfortunately, it did buy him some faith.

Both have points - but it comes down to showing the absurd situation of not only where United are, but the manager market right now, as they said, Chelsea and Bayern both flapped about and ended up on managers you know they'll bin off quickly.

The irony of Carragher talking about someone else's job when he should have lost his for gross misconduct and have been prosecuted for spotting in the face of a child isn't lost on some of us. The fake crying in the Sky News interview and crisis management PR was apparently sufficient grovelling.

Carragher is ok. Apparently buys the United fanzine and respects the club (when he isn’t spitting at our fans)

I don’t think he’d say anything simply out of hatred for the club.
He probably just hears Andy's voice and assumes it's Gary Neville, wonders why Gary now looks like Andy Mitten, buys a copy out of pity for Gary, spits on a kid, and goes to collect his gyro.

Kind of enjoyed him going "why not?!" when Neville insisted EtH isn’t losing the job before Christmas :lol:

Kind of enjoyed him going "why not?!" when Neville insisted EtH isn’t losing the job before Christmas :lol:

I'm convinced Neville has multiple accounts on here, only explanation for how dumb this fan base can appear to be. Opposition fans that despise the club are literally telling you the ugly truth about a manager they'd surely rather United keep on. Yet still, they're denying reality. That takes something truly special.

The irony of Carragher talking about someone else's job when he should have lost his for gross misconduct and have been prosecuted for spotting in the face of a child isn't lost on some of us. The fake crying in the Sky News interview and crisis management PR was apparently sufficient grovelling.
If Neville had spat in the face of an innocent child who was a Liverpool fan then I'm sure it would have all blown over, he'd have been afforded the same leeway as Carragher was given by Sky and other media outlets, and there certainly wouldn't have been any lobbying from the general public, feeling victimised by his actions, to ensure he got cancelled with his reputation in tatters.

Carragher to Neville yesterday - “You always blame the Glazers. Who are you going to blame now.”
Yeah, funny that EtH was hired on the Glazers watch.

I'm not going to sing INEOS's praises quite yet, but it seems obvious that if Ashworth and Berrada had started working at the club last January then EtH would have been replaced in the summer. A lack of time and genuine long term options saved his job just as much as the cup final win did.

His Mr Reasonable thing is all a complete act when it comes to United, the man is fecking rigid watching us play like dog shit and whenever he is making 'balanced' comments they are loaded with snide undertones, and he is playing to the gallery of online rabid United fans.

He wants Ten Hag gone because he would rather United were in perpetual chaos, and he will be the first to start criticising the new manager (and he will be crossing his fingers for Southgate) incessantly as soon as they have a wobble as well.

The giveaway for me is his absolute insistence on the football/tactics being no different from last season - which is clearly untrue however shit we are, and however many question marks there still are against Ten Hag as a manager. This is a point of comparison for him to his beloved Liverpool and Slot (who is clearly in love with already) who in his eyes are doing (and will always do) everything right.

All the Liverpool pundits chipped away at Ole even when he was doing well until the point that he couldn't manage became accepted widsom. They will do the same to the next guy as well, guaranteed - Carragher is just better than the others at couching his argument in a more balanced way.

Don't understand the saltiness towards Carragher, he's usually spot on about United because he's not emotionally invested like Neville, Keane and the rest.

I don't fully agree that INEOS bottled it because I think it's more complex than that...but I don't think it will be long before they swing the axe. If they do allow this charade to continue then they should be scrutinised.

His Mr Reasonable thing is all a complete act when it comes to United, the man is fecking rigid watching us play like dog shit and whenever he is making 'balanced' comments they are loaded with snide undertones, and he is playing to the gallery of online rabid United fans.

He wants Ten Hag gone because he would rather United were in perpetual chaos, and he will be the first to start criticising the new manager (and he will be crossing his fingers for Southgate) incessantly as soon as they have a wobble as well.

The giveaway for me is his absolute insistence on the football/tactics being no different from last season - which is clearly untrue however shit we are, and however many question marks there still are against Ten Hag as a manager. This is a point of comparison for him to his beloved Liverpool and Slot (who is clearly in love with already) who in his eyes are doing (and will always do) everything right.

All the Liverpool pundits chipped away at Ole even when he was doing well until the point that he couldn't manage became accepted widsom. They will do the same to the next guy as well, guaranteed - Carragher is just better than the others at couching his argument in a more balanced way.
Is it possible that Solskjaer and Ten Hag are both ill-equipped to build a squad and coach a team that can genuinely compete with much better managers? Carragher saying this might irk and irritate and possibly come from a place of dislike but I’m struggling to get onboard with the idea that the media are to blame for anything at United. Allowing Ten Hag to spend so much money is akin to corporate negligence. He’s not good enough.

Is it possible that Solskjaer and Ten Hag are both ill-equipped to build a squad and coach a team that can genuinely compete with much better managers? Carragher saying this might irk and irritate and possibly come from a place of dislike but I’m struggling to get onboard with the idea that the media are to blame for anything at United. Allowing Ten Hag to spend so much money is akin to corporate negligence. He’s not good enough.

I'm just not of the opinion that Carragher wants anything positive to ever happen to United (same applies to Souness etc) so am therefore inclined to distrust most of what he says, Carragher is just the best at pretending he isn't biased and spineless Gary is never going to call him out on it.

Did anyone catch Carragher yesterday excitedly cry, "GOAL!!!" and less than a second later go, "oh....." :lol:

Man literally forgot he was commentating on a game and let it out like a fan.

Carragher is like the representation of a social media poster as a pundit. He is very sharp at making his points on what is bad, but isn't quick to provide solutions or ideas of his own. He is then quick to move the goalposts when his own team aren't doing that well. Neville tries his best to be balanced for some reason still.

Ten Hag will leave the club at some stage, likely sooner rather than later. Just like Jose, Van Gaal and co. have before him. Groundwork needs to be done to give the next manager the best chance possible at success, but none of our long term issues will be fixed overnight. And whoever is next, the likes of Carragher will be sharpening the knives for the bad spells.

Last edited:
I think Ten Hag is the wrong, albeit the easiest target at this stage: INEOS should just admit they made the wrong call and cut their losses before it’s too late for the season: sack him, hire a new coach by Friday and restart.

I think Ten Hag is the wrong, albeit the easiest target at this stage: INEOS should just admit they made the wrong call and cut their losses before it’s too late for the season: sack him, hire a new coach by Friday and restart.
That would be incredibly stupid. There have been some big changes over the summer and he'll be given time to manage the team with those changes. 3 games, especially at the beginning of a season, is not representative of anything.

If we're still losing and playing poorly by end of October/November, then it will be worrying.

It feels a bit like when FSG gave rodgers another season when they shouldn't have.

Rodgers also "refreshed" the backroom staff, as if that were the real reason things weren't working.

It feels a bit like when FSG gave rodgers another season when they shouldn't have.

Rodgers also "refreshed" the backroom staff, as if that were the real reason things weren't working.
Carragher wrote the same thing in his article for Telegraph recently. But sadly in our case there's not a manager as good as Klopp available. Guess Tuchel is best out there if he'd want to come.

The tactics are fundamentally the same without question. The only change is personnel which alters things a little.
We were playing this reckless midfield emptying high press last season that left us with gaps in midfield.
Our wide forwards are still instructed to be high and wide at all times. Dalot is still instructed to make those inside channel runs into the area from goal kicks.
Our passing out from the back has been better this season because Martinez is playing. Our team is still trying to aggressively play progressive passes whenever the ball gets beyond Mainoo.

If you’ve seen something different, I’d love to be educated ….

Carragher hates united, there's no doubt about that. Don't ever think otherwise.
Yes he does. Even when straight faced on video,when things go against united you can actually notice a gleam in his eye when describing the latest meltdown happening before him. Neville has to just take it.

Carrahger might be a good pundit, but he loves a narrative. Never misses an opportunity whether it's on TV or via a newspaper column.

Also strikes me as someone who is good at keeping up a pretence for television.