Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

I don't know what Atkinson thinks he's seeing but it isn't that is it? It doesn't explain Lovren hilariously plunging headlong from behind either.

I wondered if super ref Mr A let's the play go on after the outside the box stuff & then thinks the grappling in the box is a separate incident he doesn't think amounts to a pen cos it's a 50/50 scrap. So enough doubt / not enough bottle = no pen.

Boro were ROBBED !!!

Wouldn't know myself, but I thought if it started outside the box then it should have been a free kick and a red card. Borough were not robbed they were crap and have been all season. Seems funny how for some teams you get what you deserve across the whole season but for some it's just the last game that counts.

I don't know what Atkinson thinks he's seeing but it isn't that is it? It doesn't explain Lovren hilariously plunging headlong from behind either.

I wondered if super ref Mr A let's the play go on after the outside the box stuff & then thinks the grappling in the box is a separate incident he doesn't think amounts to a pen cos it's a 50/50 scrap. So enough doubt / not enough bottle = no pen.

Boro were ROBBED !!!
Haha - your continued angst and consternation, whilst attempting to persuade all and sundry you are right and the ref was wrong, is so entertaining (and frankly beneath you as a poster who's posts I usually enjoy reading). It's like no team ever has a penalty decision go for/against them ;)

Wouldn't know myself, but I thought if it started outside the box then it should have been a free kick and a red card. Borough were not robbed they were crap and have been all season. Seems funny how for some teams you get what you deserve across the whole season but for some it's just the last game that counts.

Yeah, there seems to be some disagreement about the pen / FK & possible red card - I think they make it up as they go along meself, depending what they want to give. 'Some teams' mainly & particularly equals Liverpool I think you'll find on here, :D.

Haha - your continued angst and consternation, whilst attempting to persuade all and sundry you are right and the ref was wrong, is so entertaining (and frankly beneath you as a poster who's posts I usually enjoy reading). It's like no team ever has a penalty decision go for/against them ;)

Well, I can't really get behind the idea that LFC are 'lucky' to be finishing 4th so I'm stuck with the Boro penalty that never was, innit? #WUM

Just don't see the point of teams taking up a place in a competition to make up the numbers. Even though we finished below Liverpool in the leagues our squad depth is much better placed to challenge on multiple fronts. Just look at our respective benches - we regularly had players like Romero, Blind, Smalling, Jones, Shaw, Darmian, Carrick, Rooney, Martial, Rashford, Lingard, etc on our bench - Liverpool mainly seemed to have a bunch of youngsters that I'd never heard of on theirs!

So, by your logic which teams should be afforded a place at the Champions League shrine? Chelsea, Real, Barca, Juventus, PSG? Besides, if this season has taught us anything it's that Liverpool perform well in the big games and unfortunately pretty poor in the smaller ones.

There's no doubt, our current squad strength can't take four competitions next season, which is why I think we will heavily strengthen this summer.

Your squad strength is better than ours, but if it's that great, how come you came 6th 6 points off 5th and 24 off 1st?

Good job done by Klopp overall let's be fair. I don't (or at least I didn't) think that squad is anywhere near good enough to make top four but he pulled it off. Praise when it's due.

Key moment now. Does he continue to take them further or will transfers in/out start to halt things?
Klopp's done a good job but like Rodgers before him, made some quite crucial mistakes when it mattered; to be so arrogant to think he could go a whole year with that squad of his was really questionable judgement. And I think this coming season he will be worse- every other manager will simply park the bus and Liverpool will struggle against such teams LOL

Klopp's done a good job but like Rodgers before him, made some quite crucial mistakes when it mattered; to be so arrogant to think he could go a whole year with that squad of his was really questionable judgement. And I think this coming season he will be worse- every other manager will simply park the bus and Liverpool will struggle against such teams LOL
Will teams not park the bus against all top sides? Overall, Liverpool's goal tally indicates that they've overcome such teams better than some others in the top 6.

Decent season, did well with the squad he had and benefited from the other big teams under-performing. I can't help but think that next season will be a struggle with Europe because 1-2 injuries and the squad is not big enough. Summer will decide everything.

Will teams not park the bus against all top sides? Overall, Liverpool's goal tally indicates that they've overcome such teams better than some others in the top 6.
I think looking at Liverpool specifically they are the ones who most struggled with park-the-bus teams; they pretty much beat everyone in the top 6 and then of course they were superb against the likes of Crystal Palace, Sawnsea and Southampton at home LOL

Sorry mate, didn't want to rub it in but much was expected of Klopp and up to December they were generally swatting teams aside such that some scousers started celebrating before Gerrrad slipped :lol:

The only team that succeeded against us by parking the bus was Southampton, every other team that managed to get a draw or a win has done so because they were brave enough to attack us and gegenpress.
We're amazing at breaking down defensive teams, definitely better than United were this season at home.

I think looking at Liverpool specifically they are the ones who most struggled with park-the-bus teams; they pretty much beat everyone in the top 6 and then of course they were superb against the likes of Crystal Palace, Sawnsea and Southampton at home LOL

Sorry mate, didn't want to rub it in but much was expected of Klopp and up to December they were generally swatting teams aside such that some scousers started celebrating before Gerrrad slipped :lol:
Bolded part is a bit rich coming from a United fan isn't it? :lol:

Besides, it's not true that much was expected of Klopp, we always knew it would be a gradual process. Just look at that league table prediction thread on here, basically no one bar a few posters here and there had us in the top four, while they all had United in the top three. So you could argue that we overachieved and you underachieved, at least compared to the respective expectations before the season started. A deep cup run and top four was all I wanted this season and that's exactly what we got.

Some United fans are very RAWKish in nature, aren't they?

Fact is, you were supposed to be champions but got 6th place, yet you insist on talking about our, clearly superior team, like it's just bunch of waste collectors that aren't at all rated.

You were supposed to be champions, we'll never forget that pre-season hype around your team.

You desperately downplay us and some go as far as to claim Spurs achieved nothing this season. It's dangerous to downplay league performance in this manner, because you can quickly lose touch with what's required to win it, or to get top four.
And as far as the hype around your EL campaign is concerned, well... You did kinda have the easiest run I've ever seen a team get, and you barely managed to get past mighty Anderlecht and even mightier Celta "Finally a season not ending in relegation" Vigo, now you'll be playing a team that plays exactly the style Mourinho just loves to counter in the finals, a team that's probably worth about 0,03% of your squad's worth.

And yes, of course you should be congratulated for your achievement, but I'd be very careful when being this arrogant. Your league performances have been dire, and your easy cup run doesn't really prove you can perform on a big stage, nor that Mourinho is actually capable of guiding you far. Unfortunately that will remain a mystery until next season and your performance in the CL, although since you're spending another half a billion on players, you may manage to solve some of your problems.

I'd also be careful about signing Griezmann, since he just told everyone he'd like to win titles. God help him if he can win any in a team that consistently finishes between 4th and 7th place in the league.

For non-football reasons, sure. Your manager feels he has already won you trophies so can't complain really.
Loads of people wanted Klopp as our manager a few years back. There was a poll around the time SAFs retirement or Moyes leaving and he was one of the cafs favorite choices so the "only people who hate Jose and United" thing was definitely false then.

Fact is, you were supposed to be champions but got 6th place, yet you insist on talking about our, clearly superior team, like it's just bunch of waste collectors that aren't at all rated.

You were supposed to be champions, we'll never forget that pre-season hype around your team.

You desperately downplay us and some go as far as to claim Spurs achieved nothing this season. It's dangerous to downplay league performance in this manner, because you can quickly lose touch with what's required to win it, or to get top four.
And as far as the hype around your EL campaign is concerned, well... You did kinda have the easiest run I've ever seen a team get, and you barely managed to get past mighty Anderlecht and even mightier Celta "Finally a season not ending in relegation" Vigo, now you'll be playing a team that plays exactly the style Mourinho just loves to counter in the finals, a team that's probably worth about 0,03% of your squad's worth.

And yes, of course you should be congratulated for your achievement, but I'd be very careful when being this arrogant. Your league performances have been dire, and your easy cup run doesn't really prove you can perform on a big stage, nor that Mourinho is actually capable of guiding you far. Unfortunately that will remain a mystery until next season and your performance in the CL, although since you're spending another half a billion on players, you may manage to solve some of your problems.

I'd also be careful about signing Griezmann, since he just told everyone he'd like to win titles. God help him if he can win any in a team that consistently finishes between 4th and 7th place in the league.

"We were supposed to be Champions" - according to who? We came 5th last year, 4th the season before that and 7th under Moyes. Not sure many Utd's fans were claiming we would win it this season. We can't help the muppetry in the media anymore than any other side.

"You desperately downplay us" - you came 4th.....well done? I mean, you came 2nd was it, two or three years ago? So how are we supposed to react to you coming 4th?

"league performances have been dire" - not true, we are much closer to having a title-winning side than the table suggests. In fact, I would say closer than Liverpool, Arsenal and City and that is before we add "another half billion on players"

The Griezmann stuff....well I don't even know where to start with that

Out of curiosity, do you have any idea how many goals were scored by Liverpool during the first half of the season vs. the second half? (it's not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely interested)

"We were supposed to be Champions" - according to who? We came 5th last year, 4th the season before that and 7th under Moyes. Not sure many Utd's fans were claiming we would win it this season. We can't help the muppetry in the media anymore than any other side.

"You desperately downplay us" - you came 4th.....well done? I mean, you came 2nd was it, two or three years ago? So how are we supposed to react to you coming 4th?

"league performances have been dire" - not true, we are much closer to having a title-winning side than the table suggests. In fact, I would say closer than Liverpool, Arsenal and City and that is before we add "another half billion on players"

The Griezmann stuff....well I don't even know where to start with that
First page of Redcafe's very own league table prediction thread: 21 out of 39 who predicted the table had United winning the league. If you use that sample size for the rest of the thread, cos I'm too lazy to check them all, more than 50% of the Caf thought you'd win the league this very season.

First page of Redcafe's very own league table prediction thread: 21 out of 39 who predicted the table had United winning the league. If you use that sample size for the rest of the thread, cos I'm too lazy to check them all, more than 50% of the Caf thought you'd win the league this very season.
Yeah but if there's one thing this season has taught us Robin, it's that the Caf is full of idiots.

Out of curiosity, do you have any idea how many goals were scored by Liverpool during the first half of the season vs. the second half? (it's not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely interested)
First 19 games: 46 goals scored, 43 points
Last 19 games: 32 goals scored, 33 points

We scored 6 against Watford, 5 against Hull and 4 against Arsenal, Palace, Leicester and Stoke in the first half of the season, that's 27 goals in 6 games, which means 19 goals in the other 13 games, nothing special really. We just had a strong start to the season and started to fade away in January, especially with the absence of Coutinho and Mane. I'm still glad we got fourth though, it would've been typical for Liverpool to blow it all in the last game of the season.

Loads of people wanted Klopp as our manager a few years back. There was a poll around the time SAFs retirement or Moyes leaving and he was one of the cafs favorite choices so the "only people who hate Jose and United" thing was definitely false then.

We even wanted Pep, Conte, Ancelotti (based on availability), but the point was that poster had said how we would prefer Klopp over Mourinho (before his horrors at Chelsea) which was, in my opinion- not true then nor is it now. I'm not denying Klopp's acumen either, mind. I was also talking about the current situation btw so after SAF, the three years have been so bad we badly needed a 'quick' fix ala Mourinho.

No one said we will be champions, Jose said that we could challenge for the title in his first press conference but that was just PR talk. If our players hadn't missed easy goal chances, you would be in 5th now and we would in 3rd or 2nd. Who told Spurs haven't achieved anything, people here have only said Spurs didn't win a trophy. What has Kloop achieved for Liverpool in 2 years? Jose already has a trophy and is on the way to win another one in the first season. Our performances have been dire in the league? Don't talk about our matches when you don't watch every match that we play. You are talking as if Liverpool hasn't spent a single penny, you have spent around 490 Million € since 2012 and the best you have achieved is 2nd Place in the league. Congratulations for achieving top 4 trophy, enjoy.

We even wanted Pep, Conte, Ancelotti (based on availability), but the point was that poster had said how we would prefer Klopp over Mourinho (before his horrors at Chelsea) which was, in my opinion- not true then nor is it now. I'm not denying Klopp's acumen either, mind. I was also talking about the current situation btw so after SAF, the three years have been so bad we badly needed a 'quick' fix ala Mourinho.
Here's the poll from when Fergie retired. Mourinho with 211 votes and Klopp 133
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/your-preference-for-the-next-manager.370323/

The only team that succeeded against us by parking the bus was Southampton, every other team that managed to get a draw or a win has done so because they were brave enough to attack us and gegenpress.
We're amazing at breaking down defensive teams, definitely better than United were this season at home.
I guess Burnley didn't park the bus when you lost 2-0 to them

Bolded part is a bit rich coming from a United fan isn't it? :lol:

Besides, it's not true that much was expected of Klopp, we always knew it would be a gradual process. Just look at that league table prediction thread on here, basically no one bar a few posters here and there had us in the top four, while they all had United in the top three. So you could argue that we overachieved and you underachieved, at least compared to the respective expectations before the season started. A deep cup run and top four was all I wanted this season and that's exactly what we got.
Robin, don't forget United already got a trophy in the bag, can get another one tomorrow and get into the Champions League proper without any qualifying matches. If United win tomorrow don't you think your season woulda been shite in comparison? :p And not only do we allow you to post in here when on your own website members of other clubs are given shorthrift, we also welcome you with open eyes so we can tell you United are bigger, better, richer, stronger and more successful than you lot LOL... just some banter mate; not intending to unnecessarily antagonise :D

Robin, don't forget United already got a trophy in the bag, can get another one tomorrow and get into the Champions League proper without any qualifying matches. If United win tomorrow don't you think your season woulda been shite in comparison? :p And not only do we allow you to post in here when on your own website members of other clubs are given shorthrift, we also welcome you with open eyes so we can tell you United are bigger, better, richer, stronger and more successful than you lot LOL... just some banter mate; not intending to unnecessarily antagonise :D

Yeh. The Top 4 is deemed as a "trophy" just because it qualifies you for CL. Now we have a chance to get CL spot, while also win 2 trophies (3 if you count Charity Shield). I know which club will have a better season. That's if we win the Europe though.

So, by your logic which teams should be afforded a place at the Champions League shrine? Chelsea, Real, Barca, Juventus, PSG? Besides, if this season has taught us anything it's that Liverpool perform well in the big games and unfortunately pretty poor in the smaller ones.

There's no doubt, our current squad strength can't take four competitions next season, which is why I think we will heavily strengthen this summer.

Your squad strength is better than ours, but if it's that great, how come you came 6th 6 points off 5th and 24 off 1st?
Re your last point - that's because (I) your first XI is better than ours - particularly in attack, where I think you've made some really good signings that I wanted United to sign, particularly Mane and Firmino and (ii) because Klopp has successfully implemented a high pressing game.

So much wrong with this post, where to even begin.

1) The pre-season hype is not an alien concept to fans. We had bought well in the summer and appointed one of the most successful manager in recent history. Expectations were high given the signings which were made, honestly it's ironic coming from a Liverpool fan when you have a long history of getting carried away in pre-season.

2) You completely contradicted yourself, you said it's dangerous to downplay league performance in this manner and should give fair dues to Spurs and Liverpool. Then you follow it up by saying 'it's the easiest run I've ever seen a team get', do you see what you did there?

3) 'Mourinho is not actually capable of guiding you far' Except he has, we've had a huge injury list mixed with ton of mediocrity in the squad yet he has guided us to one silverware and gotten us to a European final. I don't even know what the feck you mean by 'doesn't really prove you can perform on a big stage'.

4) Make up your mind on figures, these keep on rising along with the wages we pay to our players every summer. On Griezmann, I can smell the bitterness already. He has only won 1 Spanish super-cup during his 3 years at Atletico, in what is considered by many as to our 'worst season' we have already matched the haul and might very well add to it by tomorrow.

Klopp's GK masterstroke is signing Casillas? Great keeper in his day but surely they can find someone at their peak...

Just because a club (Liverpool) had worse expectations due to being generally shite for the best part of a decade than a club that had better expectations doesn't mean they did better. Especially when Liverpool's trophy was a 4th place which a potential Europa League trumps in two ways; 1- Instant qualification as a 2nd seed over a potentially tricky 3rd round qualification and 3rd seed 2- It's European silverware. Bottom line is two trophies is better than 0.

Still got to win tomorrow though.

Doesn't matter where the foul starts, it's where it ends. It should have been a penalty and a red because he wasn't legimately trying to get the ball with his foul.

Not sure about Casillas at all, however his experience could count for a lot, until he starts dropping long balls at least.

Doesn't matter where the foul starts, it's where it ends. It should have been a penalty and a red because he wasn't legimately trying to get the ball with his foul.

I'm not saying it wasn't I was saying I have heard both reasons given in the past for and against awarding a penalty. However I have read the rules on such an incident and you are right it should have been a pen and a red. We got away with one there, although how crap Borough have been we don't know if they would have scored (probably would have) and we might have still gone on to win the game. Still it's gone now, time to move on.

On another note good luck on Wednesday. I genuinely hope you win and qualify for the Champions League next season

I'm not saying it wasn't I was saying I have heard both reasons given in the past for and against awarding a penalty. However I have read the rules on such an incident and you are right it should have been a pen and a red. We got away with one there, although how crap Borough have been we don't know if they would have scored (probably would have) and we might have still gone on to win the game. Still it's gone now, time to move on.

On another note good luck on Wednesday. I genuinely hope you win and qualify for the Champions League next season
Yup, no way to know how the game would have gone. They still have to score from the penalty and then keep a clean sheet with nothing to play for. We all remember City's first league win against a QPR team that was leading with nothing to play for. They just weren't very bothered about preserving the lead and when one team is disinterested against a team that's very much interested there's a lot between them.