Israel - Iran and regional players | Please post respectfully

Hezbollah are a proscribed terrorist organisation in the UK. I am not shedding a tear for their gunmen or leaders who appear to be the targets of these attacks.

Any poor soul - man, woman or child who happens to be in proximity to the phone shop or someone with the pager becomes fair collateral then as part of this 'targeted' operation?

Sounds like textbook terrorism to me, though with Israel it appears those lines are blurred, if they even exist at all. The Israelis might as well have just skipped the covert nature of it and resorted to their favoured 'targeted' missile strikes in Southern Lebanon and Beirut. Just label any bit of civilian infrastructure whether its a hospital, school or falafel stand as a Hezbollah hideout and be done with it. Seems to work for them anyway.
This is just a straight up war crime...if Putin or Assad did this they would face total condemnation.

Absolutely shameful!

This is just a straight up war crime...if Putin or Assad did this they would face total condemnation.

Absolutely shameful!
It's not a "war crime". It is the opposite. On the face of it, it's a well targeted attack on very specific members of an enemy force. The opposite of an indiscriminate attack.

Good luck with what?

Trying to convince him he's been brainwashed.

It was an attack that had no consideration of who might be holding those devices at that time. As we've seen, plenty of children and women have been injured by the explosions. As people have said, if the opposite happened and you had innocent children injured the media would focus on that and condemn it rather than focus on the army personel injured/killed. Just like how you always here 1200 killed by Hamas on October 7th but never that over half of them were active soldiers.

Why is the Lebanon subreddit so....pro Israel?

I thought it got brigaded but then clicked on some User profiles and they all seem legitimately Lebanese with years of post history and a lot of them are openly cheering these attacks.

Does anyone have an insight?

Absolutely shameful!

There's no doubt Israel is willing to cause large numbers of collateral civilian deaths to kill a terrorist. You may disagree with that. However this is not an example of that, it's the most targeted operation imaginable.

Why is the Lebanon subreddit so....pro Israel?

I thought it got brigaded but then clicked on some User profiles and they all seem legitimately Lebanese with years of post history and a lot of them are openly cheering these attacks.

Does anyone have an insight?
Not all Lebanese like Hezbollah, is my guess?

There's no doubt Israel is willing to cause large numbers of collateral civilian deaths to kill a terrorist. You may disagree with that. However this is not an example of that, it's the most targeted operation imaginable.

Whilst I agree that this operation isn't that different to typical Middle Eastern lack of care towards civilian casualties:

The bolded is a complete joke of a comment.

Hezbollah are a proscribed terrorist organisation in the UK. I am not shedding a tear for their gunmen or leaders who appear to be the targets of these attacks.

I consider many leaders in the world the worst kind and as i would not share a tear for their loss, i would not like kids and random innocent people die for the chance to kill them. What israel did is what it had been criticized when a terrorist bomb attack had been done by hezbollah or hamas

Not all Lebanese like Hezbollah, is my guess?

I mean, I get that, but if a foreign power started targeting, I dunno, the British equivalent or Ukrainian equivalent of Hezbollah, (2015 Azov or say the IRA, these are shit comparisons but whatever), and blew them up with lots of civilian collateral, I wouldn't be cheering whoever did that, I would be fecking livid that a foreign power was killing British people.

"Targetted attack" on terrorists which also causes several civilian casualties.

Yeah...seems like I've heard this one before

I mean, I get that, but if a foreign power started targeting, I dunno, the British equivalent or Ukrainian equivalent of Hezbollah, (2015 Azov or say the IRA, these are shit comparisons but whatever), and blew them up with lots of civilian collateral, I wouldn't be cheering whoever did that, I would be fecking livid that a foreign power was killing British people.

lot of lebanese christians on twitter support israel, reddit as a whole is very pro-israel, finally, english-language western forums attract a very particular audience which then gets reinforced through self-selection.

r/india is anti-modi though indians and especially english-speaking indians love him.

lot of lebanese christians on twitter support israel, reddit as a whole is very pro-israel, finally, english-language western forums attract a very particular audience which then gets reinforced through self-selection.

r/india is anti-modi though indians and especially english-speaking indians love him.

Depends which subreddits you go off:

/WorldNews is absolutely batshit insane

Israel: Bombs a hospital

WorldNews: These people deserved it because [insert Simone Biles 15.5 point performance here], and anyway all blame should go to Hamas.

Feck Hezbollah. I don't think that is a particularly controversial opinion.
Not really but your posts demonstrate your puddle deep knowledge and understanding of the region, if any, as well as an awful lot of bias, a profound disregard for collateral damage and a radical lack of kind of empathy.

You're the not only one, mind.

Last edited:
Electronics rigged with explosives widely distributed throughout the area, set off at a random time once they began to be uncovered. Who could imagine a more targeted attack?

We really have some of the most unthinking bot-people here.

This is a completely amateur opinion on my part but the British & Ukrainians are by and large a unified people. I don't think Lebanon is really like that, it's a mix of all kinds of groups who went through a civil war in the 70s and 80s.

Trying to convince him he's been brainwashed.

It was an attack that had no consideration of who might be holding those devices at that time. As we've seen, plenty of children and women have been injured by the explosions. As people have said, if the opposite happened and you had innocent children injured the media would focus on that and condemn it rather than focus on the army personel injured/killed. Just like how you always here 1200 killed by Hamas on October 7th but never that over half of them were active soldiers.
I dunno man. On a rational level, if a terror organisation buys pagers to give to members of that organisation, then I think Israel is broadly within its rights to consider those people as users of the devices and therefore military targets. I think most militaries would think the same.

At the same time on a human level, I feel terrible for the innocent victims of this endless cycle, because of course even the worst terrorists have families too.

But realistically it doesn't matter how targeted Israel was, they are going get blamed.

This is a completely amateur opinion on my part but the British & Ukrainians are by and large a unified people. I don't think Lebanon is really like that, it's a mix of all kinds of groups who went through a civil war in the 70s and 80s.
That's an astonishingly oversimplified, reductive take on Lebanon and its history.

Where's @2cents when you need him.

Last edited:
I dunno man. On a rational level, if a terror organisation buys pagers to give to members of that organisation, then I think Israel is broadly within its rights to consider those people as users of the devices and therefore military targets. I think most militaries would think the same.

At the same time on a human level, I feel terrible for the innocent victims of this endless cycle, because of course even the worst terrorists have families too.

But realistically it doesn't matter how targeted Israel was, they are going get blamed.

Poor Israel. Always the victim. Look what you make them do

these were commercially available throughout lebanon, hence why cell phone shops are blowing up today.

That's an astonishingly oversimplified, reductive take on Lebanon and its history.

Where's @2cents when you need him.
It's deliberately oversimplified just to make a point why perhaps not all Lebanese share sympathies for Hezbollah today. Do you disagree that there is sectarianism in Lebanon?

Electronics rigged with explosives widely distributed throughout the area, set off at a random time once they began to be uncovered. Who could imagine a more targeted attack?

We really have some of the most unthinking bot-people here.
Yeah when you put it like that and miss out the critical part about who the electronics rigged with explosives were widely distributed to...

Whilst I agree that this operation isn't that different to typical Middle Eastern lack of care towards civilian casualties:

The bolded is a complete joke of a comment.
Really. What percentage of the injured and killed were Hezbollah. 99.9%? Isn't that quite good? Or is everything Israel does evil by definition?

Depends which subreddits you go off:

/WorldNews is absolutely batshit insane

Israel: Bombs a hospital

WorldNews: These people deserved it because [insert Simone Biles 15.5 point performance here], and anyway all blame should go to Hamas.
Pretty sure that WorldNews subreddit was outed as a brigaded forum. Or at the very least the mods there are. Pretty much every post there that isn't nauseatingly apologetic towards the Israelis disappears and anyone remotely critical and not blaming Hamas for the weather gets banned.

I got banned there for quoting Netanyahu's own verbatim "from the river to the sea" declaration.

I do wonder how the wider society in Lebanon interprets this. It's a mass casualty attack that has killed non-fighters.