Israel - Iran and regional players | Please post respectfully

I have a controversial take on this;

The Western World became superior the moment they took religious dogma out of its governance and geopolitical aims and the "Third world" has yet to do the same.

It took quite possibly the most brutal war in history relative to its time for the Western countries to realize this however.
I don't entirely disagree with the notion, but I feel there are a few outliers to this. Namely the era of Islamic prosperity and innovation during the European dark ages, and the fact that nations like the US and Israel still have religious dogma heavily embedded into their political institutions. The GOP are pretty much the caucasian equivalent of the Taliban, and much of Israeli society is pretty much spurned on by some dogmatic allusion to the land being promised to them as god's chosen people. Its pretty much the crutch they use to justify their settlement colonisation in the West Bank and East Jerusalem.

In regards to quality of life, some would argue that despotic states like the Emirates and Saudi are more desirable places to live than much of Europe and North America when it comes to safety and personal prosperity. I'm not of that opinion personally, but many Westerners are.

The Western World became superior the moment they took religious dogma out of its governance and geopolitical aims and the "Third world" has yet to do the same.

It took quite possibly the most brutal war in history relative to its time for the Western countries to realize this however.

Vietnam had religious dogma in its government? Korea? China in the 1900s?, Japan in the 1600-1800s?

Does Israel has less dogmatic governamance now being a ethno fascist state? or its superiority comes from having a better army?

Its a lot of bollocks, The Western World became superior with a higher arm power. Fire arms, that is how the spanish dominated with a few hundreds, millions in Latinamerica, the same brittish and french in north america and the rest in the world. If Iran would have a superior military force, they would dominate the region without a problem with or without dogma

I don't disagree with the notion, but I feel there are a few outliers to this. Namely the era of Islamic prosperity and innovation during the European dark ages, and the fact that nations like the US and Israel still have religious dogma heavily embedded into their political institutions. The GOP are pretty much the caucasian equivalent of the Taliban, and much of Israeli society is pretty much spurned on by some dogmatic allusion to the land being promised to them as god's chosen people. Its pretty much the crutch they use to justify their settlement colonisation in the West Bank and East Jerusalem.

In regards to quality of life, some would argue that despotic states like the Emirates and Saudi are more desirable places to live than much of Europe and North America when it comes to safety and personal prosperity. I'm not of that opinion personally, but many Westerners are.

I disagree that religion plays a part in US foreign policy or geopolitical thinking -

Nobody in the state department ponders policy based on, "What does the Bible say?", no matter how much the GOP parrot about this.

The downfall of the Umayyad caliphate was due to religion, it gained power through military might.

Many great empires fell due to eventual religious conflict being a factor, such as the Romans, the HRE, the Ottomans etc.

If US goes the way of the shit that project 2025 want, it will fall down that path.

For all this talk surely its about logical and critical thinking rather than faith and dogma.

Vietnam had religious dogma in its government? Korea? China in the 1900s?, Japan in the 1600-1800s?

Does Israel has less dogmatic governamance now being a ethno fascist state? or its superiority comes from having a better army?

Its a lot of bollocks, The Western World became superior with a higher arm power. Fire arms, that is how the spanish dominated with a few hundreds, millions in Latinamerica, the same brittish and french in north america and the rest in the world. If Iran would have a superior military force, they would dominate the region without a problem with or without dogma

Religious doesn't necessarily mean Abrahamic or well defined organised religion, but yes, in almost every single example you've cited,

extreme ideological and spiritual dogma led to those nations being held back and/or collapse. Whether it be god, Japanese traditionalism or the mandate of heaven.

Religious doesn't necessarily mean Abrahamic or well defined organised religion, but yes, in almost every single example you've cited,

extreme ideological and spiritual dogma led to those nations being held back and/or collapse. Whether it be god, Japanese traditionalism or the mandate of heaven.

Compared with portugal's dogma? Sorry but no. Portugal and spain by then they were profundly dogmatic. For a reason spain kicked out jews and muslims from the country and the nickname was Elizabeth I the catholic. The spanish crown was the most powerful nation from the 1500s- 1700s and was also among the most dogmatic ruling at the time

As cersei said, power is power. And that comes with the moat powerful army in thw conflict

“Many Westerners” is some stretch, it really is a very small minority of hollow, spineless idiots that would enjoy living in societies running on slavery. “Safety” based on irrational fears is no argument, and “personal prosperity” meaning “I’m ok to enable slavery and political murders as long as I pay lower taxes” is some euphemism. The fact some thousands of such Westerners exist proves nothing - and in fact if you know people based in Dubai, Doha or Riyadh you know that the expat communities there not even majority Western

Israel is a good counter-example of a western country organised around ethno-religious lines, far superior to all its neighbours.

Terrorists doing terrorism. Feel sorry for the people of Lebanon, who are no doubt, getting closer to being given the Gaza treatment

Western world became a supremacy power when their armies became superior technologically speaking. Nothing else

As we've seen time and time again in the past two decades - weapons mean feck all if the motivations and political strategy isn't correct.

It's been doing the rounds on many news sources in Israel, big and small ones.
Hasn't been censored by anyone, and likely true.

You'd think that the original plan was exploding these devices at the same time the Lebanon is being bombared from the air on a much larger scale than what we've seen so far (akin to the start of the flattening of Gaza, basically).

Bibi will try to keep the flames as low as possible until the US elections. if Trump wins, Bibi can flatten Beirut and have Trump veto everything that the international community tries to throw at Israel. If Harris wins, things may look slightly different, but I don't know.

I hope that the Lebanese posters we have here are OK.

You think it's a joke and funny, but it's actually real :lol:

Also, they designed a plane called the XF-84H Thunderscreench

It didn't have missiles on weapons attached, just propellers that span at Mach 1.2.

Every 0.5 seconds, it cause a sonic boom so the idea was that it would fly over dense populations and cause huge trauma and terror in a population as the sound of constant sonic booms overhead would think they would be under mass bombing.

During testing, all the nearby towns to where the test was suffered massive problems, including multiple miscarriages, ruptured eardrums, and civilian health disorders due to the noise.

Project got cancelled.