Israel - Iran and regional players | Please post respectfully

The Iranians have been taking plenty of shots at Israel by way of their proxies over the past year. All of three of them (Hamas, Hezbollah, and the Houthis) have been active against Israel. In terms of a direct Iranian strike on Israel, that's not something Khamenei wants to get involved in since the last round resulted in an Israeli retaliation on Iranian defense infrastructure.
I hope you are right in that things do not escalate, but there is a difference between a proxy war and taking direct action on Iranian soil. When Trump had Sulimani assassinated it led to a direct military response by Iran on US forces. This is not one of their own, but it is a foreign “leader” under their protection on their soil.

I hope you are right in that things do not escalate, but there is a difference between a proxy war and taking direct action on Iranian soil. When Trump had Sulimani assassinated it led to a direct military response by Iran on US forces. This is not one of their own, but it is a foreign “leader” under their protection on their soil.
The proxies point made has no relevance in this instance and is wrong anyway but it's correct that Iran doesn't need a wider war or direct confrontation. Israel wants it very badly though and will keep pushing till they get it.

Wow, just saw the news of Haniyeh being killed in Iran. Some development that.

It’s time that this stops. Biden should tell Israel that he can’t let them attack everyone and everywhere.

If he can’t, he should resign. America is being dragged into a war by a small country.

It’s time that this stops. Biden should tell Israel that he can’t let them attack everyone and everywhere.

If he can’t, he should resign. America is being dragged into a war by a small country.
I think you are looking at this the wrong way, America is fully on board with what they are doing, they are essential a proxy/extension of US power in the region.

Hanniyeh was a dead man walking since the October attacks, so it was only a matter of time. However, by all accounts, he is the least extreme Hamas leader, so his killing will further complicate the peace process.

Saying that, I guess that everyone in Hamas leadership knew that they will all be dead when they authorized that attack.

This is seriously embarrassing for the Iranian military.

An airstrike in Tehran it seems, with no further details.

a) If it were a stand-off cruise missile, air defense is horrendously incompetent for not being able to intercept that.

b) If it were a closer range bomb like a JDAM or such, air defense is horrendously incompetent to not be able to intercept the plane.

This is seriously embarrassing for the Iranian military.

An airstrike in Tehran it seems, with no further details.

a) If it were a stand-off cruise missile, air defense is horrendously incompetent for not being able to intercept that.

b) If it were a closer range bomb like a JDAM or such, air defense is horrendously incompetent to not be able to intercept the plane.

The islamic regime in Tehran is the most gutless, useless, fake, paper-tiger, garbage in the entire world. The only demographic they can ruthlessly and strongly suppress and abuse are defenseless Iranian citizens. Anyone else, they are as strong and useful as a used condom.

They keep taking Ls left, right, and centre from Israel, it's getting absolutely hilarious at this point.

Reportedly Hanieh was taking a shower when the guided missile made a meatball of him. It was a message from Israel to Khamenei too, that we can get you anywhere, the old prick won't have easy sleeps anymore.

How many of Islamic Republic's top guns have been smoked over the past 5 years with absolutely no tangible revenge in return ? :lol:
- Soleimani
- Fakhrizadeh (head of the nuclear program)
- Mir Reza Mousavi
- Zahedi
- Raisi (I'm now more than convinced that Israel was behind that too, the real revenge of 300 missiles sent to Israel in mid-April)
- now Hanieh

Khamenei's second job these days is doing نماز میت ... or "Dead Prayer" , an islamic tradition of praying over the body of deceased before burying him/her. He should become a Dead prayer tik-tok influencer.

The Tehran regime is so weak these days...If Venezuela's revolution succeeds as well (Normally Maduro would import suppression forces from "Resistence Axis" , but they are all busy with Israel now) , then it could create the final domino effect for us to finally get rid of this tumorous cancer for once and all.

well thats one way of dealing with peace / ceasefire talks, just blow up the guy leading the talks on the other side.

any other nation state behaving this way, and there would be outrage...

the sooner Bibi and his psychopathic war cabinet come to a, hopefully grisly and very painful end, the better. theres no chance of them being held to account in any international court.

Rumours circulating alongside Persian X that a key IRGC figure has been targeted by Israel in Damascus. Some even claiming it's the Qud's commander Qa'ani (who has led the group since Soleimani becoming a meatball).

Fingers crossed it's true. What a beautiful day it's turning out to be !

Rumours circulating alongside Persian X that a key IRGC figure has been targeted by Israel in Damascus. Some even claiming it's the Qud's commander Qa'ani (who has led the group since Soleimani becoming a meatball).

Granted, no one is going to miss those IRGC tyrants, but Israel constantly poking the hornets nest and risking an all-out regional war is hardly something to be giddy about. They've already killed a bunch of civilians in Beirut seemingly targeting a Hezbollah commander.

Have you considered that’s what the American government want?

They created turmoil in Afghanistan and Iraq whilst taking oil reserves. The Saudis and UAE buy weapons from them as a bride not to take their oil. Now they’re going after the last country with significant oil reserves in the Middle East.

What an utterly idiotic and short-sighted take.

Hezbollah has been firing them into golan for years, with multiple misfires that resulted in random arid trees being blown up. It’s not a stretch at all to suggest this was the most likely case.

I mean, I don’t disagree with any of this on a high overview level but you can still blame Israel for the entire situation without trying to find explanations for how it could be a false flag etc or that hezbollah just simply fecked up.
I fully get that, but my question is why would they hit the Golan Heights in the first place.

Given Israel's psychopathic behavior, its pathologic lies as mode of communication and its firm intent on going to war against Hezbollah, I'd put more money on the first hypothesis rather than the second one. Them killing Haniyeh on Iranian soil right after blowing up a Hezbollah high commanding officer in Beirut indicates to me that they absolutely want the situation to escalate.

Conflicting reports on whether he was in Tehran or Damascus yesterday.

Hanniyeh was a dead man walking since the October attacks, so it was only a matter of time. However, by all accounts, he is the least extreme Hamas leader, so his killing will further complicate the peace process.

Saying that, I guess that everyone in Hamas leadership knew that they will all be dead when they authorized that attack.

I don't know about that. I actually think some of them thought the attack would in the long run would move the needle on the Israeli-Palestinian issue. They just probably didn't fully take into consideration it would be moved in the wrong direction.

What peace process?

The islamic regime in Tehran is the most gutless, useless, fake, paper-tiger, garbage in the entire world. The only demographic they can ruthlessly and strongly suppress and abuse are defenseless Iranian citizens. Anyone else, they are as strong and useful as a used condom.

They keep taking Ls left, right, and centre from Israel, it's getting absolutely hilarious at this point.

Reportedly Hanieh was taking a shower when the guided missile made a meatball of him. It was a message from Israel to Khamenei too, that we can get you anywhere, the old prick won't have easy sleeps anymore.

How many of Islamic Republic's top guns have been smoked over the past 5 years with absolutely no tangible revenge in return ? :lol:
- Soleimani
- Mir Reza Mousavi
- Zahedi
- Raisi (I'm now more than convinced that Israel was behind that too, the real revenge of 300 missiles sent to Israel in mid-April)
- now Hanieh

Khamenei's second job these days is doing نماز میت ... or "Dead Prayer" , an islamic tradition of praying over the body of deceased before burying him/her. He should become a Dead prayer tik-tok influencer.

The Tehran regime is so weak these days...If Venezuela's revolution succeeds as well (Normally Maduro would import suppression forces from "Resistence Axis" , but they are all busy with Israel now) , then it could create the final domino effect for us to finally get rid of this tumorous cancer for once and all.

The regime doesn't appear anywhere near the tipping point given that we've seen mass protests over the past decade that never amounted to anything substantive. It does have a significant destabilizing factor on Hamas, who are now effectively rudderless on any diplomatic route out of the current conflict given that Haniyeh was one of their chief interlocutors shuttling around the region during ceasefire talks.

- Soleimani
- Mir Reza Mousavi
- Zahedi
- now Hanieh

Khamenei and the Islamic Republic is the biggest asset to Israel. The last thing they want is a democratic, western aligned Iran. Will mean an educated, 80m strong economy opening up with an extensive expat community and all the investment into the country that entails.

Literally nightmare stuff for Israel and the Arabs.

Last edited:
Have you considered that’s what the American government want?

They created turmoil in Afghanistan and Iraq whilst taking oil reserves. The Saudis and UAE buy weapons from them as a bride not to take their oil. Now they’re going after the last country with significant oil reserves in the Middle East.

Bad take,

The invading Afghanistan and Iraq for oil is a myth that needs to die in a hole.

Saudi and UAE as bribes not to take oil is also an insane take.

I fully get that, but my question is why would they hit the Golan Heights in the first place.

Given Israel's psychopathic behavior, its pathologic lies as mode of communication and its firm intent on going to war against Hezbollah, I'd put more money on the first hypothesis rather than the second one. Them killing Haniyeh on Iranian soil right after blowing up a Hezbollah high commanding officer in Beirut indicates to me that they absolutely want the situation to escalate.

Hezbollah fire at Israeli military outposts multiple times a year over many years in the Golan.

A lot of them basically land harmlessly in the desert.

The question of “why they would do this” is “no idea but it’s documented they’ve done this many times”

Khamenei and the Islamic Republic is the biggest asset to Israel. The last thing they want is a democratic, western aligned Iran. Will mean an educated, 80m strong economy opening up with an extensive expat community and all the investment into the country that means.

This makes no sense at all. They're the only (weak, non-nuke) geopolitical rival to Israel in both that region and the world. Every other power either sponsors them militarily and diplomatically (the western free democracies), has a good military relationship with them (China and Russia and India), or cooperates with them as needed (Turkey, Saudi Arabia and the Gulf petrostates).
A pro-western Iran, by definition, wouldn't be bothered with Israel. In particular, the impression I have of the "extensive expat community", of which Hanks is a member, and whose members were part of the mob attacking students at UCLA, is pretty pro-Israel.

This makes no sense at all. They're the only (weak, non-nuke) geopolitical rival to Israel in both that region and the world. Every other power either sponsors them militarily and diplomatically (the western free democracies), has a good military relationship with them (China and Russia and India), or cooperates with them as needed (Turkey, Saudi Arabia and the Gulf petrostates).
A pro-western Iran, by definition, wouldn't be bothered with Israel. In particular, the impression I have of the "extensive expat community", of which Hanks is a member, and whose members were part of the mob attacking students at UCLA, is pretty pro-Israel.

Yeah this

Pre Islamic republic Iran had deep and although not entirely friendly, very functional and bilateral ties with Israel.

Khamenei and the Islamic Republic is the biggest asset to Israel. The last thing they want is a democratic, western aligned Iran. Will mean an educated, 80m strong economy opening up with an extensive expat community and all the investment into the country that entails.

They are the biggest hindrance to security in the region. Not just to Israel, but to Lebanon, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, and beyond. The Iranian regime have their mitts in most regional countries to export their brand of Khomeiniite fanaticism abroad.

So like the GCC states essentially, sans the democratic part. Hasn't really dented the US' financial and military commitment to Israel.

The Israelis don't care if Iran is a free/democratic or not, so long as it isn't hostile. They'd be praising the Islamic Republic to the high heavens (as would the US) if it held a cordial relationship with them and turned a blind eye to their perpetual land theft of Palestinian territories. By the same token if Iran did become a secular democracy and continued to speak harshly about Israel while pursuing a nuclear program, you'd still get Netanyahu yapping about the grave existential threat they posed. Heck Saddam was praised as a force for good because of his anti-Iranian posturing despite the myriad of abhorrent crimes he'd committed against his own people. Its only when he went rogue did we decide he was public enemy number one and we're suddenly reminded of his grave crimes against humanity.

When it comes to the US and its proxies, its never been about the rule of law and safeguarding human rights and so-called Western values. Its only ever been about protecting geopolitical interests and establishing regional hegemonic rule, especially with a region as resource-rich as the ME.

This makes no sense at all. They're the only (weak, non-nuke) geopolitical rival to Israel in both that region and the world. Every other power either sponsors them (the western free democracies), has a good relationship with them (China and Russia), or cooperates with them as needed (Saudi Arabia and the Gulf petrostates).

It makes full sense. Does Iran in its current state actually compete economically with any of its rivals? It's in Israel's interest to keep Iran as an international bogey man in order to get the vast levels of investment from the USA. Israel benefitted almost immediately from the 1979 revolution in the delivery of F-16s that were on their way to Tehran, but diverted. It's also in Iran's interest to having a belicose Israel. The trick of both regimes is to push each other enough without ever going into full scale war that would be disastrous for both countries.

The expat community is absolutely massive and operate on a very wide political scale, ranging from the monarchists in Los Angeles (who are incredibly pro-Israel) to the Mojaheden (MEK) to communists to all sorts.

The rise of the gulf states is purely down the vacuum that was left by the Iranian revolution in 1979 - a country that was growing at 8% per year. Iran should have an economy similar to South Korea, fully integrated with the West, which it is culturally aligned with, and be the leading power in the region. However, instead, it is led by a ruling elite that has managed to enrich itself beyond comprehension and all foreign investment that was heading Iran's way prior to 1979 has instead gone to Israel, the UAE and Saudi Arabia. So why would they want Iran to open up and take away billions of dollars headed their way?

The current status quo is exactly what hardliners in both Israel and Iran want. Netanyahu has been saying since 1993 that Iran is going to nuke Israel, which is laughable because everyone knows Israel already has nuclear weapons and would absolutely wipe out Iran if it actually wanted to.

The quicker the Iranian regime falls and is replaced with a democratically elected, demilitarised, open government, the better for the rest of the world - just not Israel.

They are the biggest hindrance to security in the region. Not just to Israel, but to Lebanon, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, and beyond. The Iranian regime have their mitts in most regional countries to export their brand of Khomeiniite fanaticism abroad.
Absolute nonsense straight out of the Kissinger playbook. The US and its proxies has historically, and continues to be the biggest destabilising presence in the region. The tyrannous Iranian regime are a symptom of their half century long doctrine.

Why? Biden and US are ok with Israel attacking anyone. They would offer help to Israel to stop any counter attack.

Absolute nonsense straight out of the Kissinger playbook. The US and its proxies has historically, and continues to be the biggest destabilising presence in the region. The tyrannous Iranian regime are a symptom of their half century long doctrine.

Sounds like pro-Iranian regime talking points to me. ;)

It is true that Iran have proxies in most countries because they want to destroy Israrel (Hamas, Hezbollah, Houthis) and they want to use the existence of Shi'a populations in Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon to exert control over them as well, hence their shi'a crescent strategy. Its also not coincidentally why they have been at odds with the Saudis, because the kingdom are standing directly in their way. Its factional religious fanaticism. The US is of course a convenient excuse to justify behavior that would take place with or without a western bogey man.

It is true that Iran have proxies in most countries because they want to destroy Israrel (Hamas, Hezbollah, Houthis) and they want to use the existence of Shi'a populations in Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon to exert control over them as well, hence their shi'a crescent strategy. Its also not coincidentally why they have been at odds with the Saudis, because the kingdom are standing directly in their way. Its factional religious fanaticism. The US is of course a convenient excuse to justify behavior that would take place with or without a western bogey man.
Does Hezbollah come into existence without Israel's invasion of Lebanon though? Point being that yes, the Iranian regime desires influence in the region and uses proxies for that but they're also reacting to events around them, no?

It is true that Iran have proxies in most countries because they want to destroy Israrel (Hamas, Hezbollah, Houthis) and they want to use the existence of Shi'a populations in Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon to exert control over them as well, hence their shi'a crescent strategy. Its also not coincidentally why they have been at odds with the Saudis, because the kingdom are standing directly in their way. Its factional religious fanaticism. The US is of course a convenient excuse to justify behavior that would take place with or without a western bogey man.H
:lol: you need to read some history books, the whole region has been shaped by the US (initially the British), way before the current Iranian regime came into power. US influence in the region definitely has had a net negative. Wars and placing/supporting oppressive dictators who are in power to this day are probably the worst crimes, before that it was the British carving it up the way it is now. And then you have supporting all the nefarious actions the Israeli state has been conducting in the region and brutalising the native population (although this also applies to the various dictators the US have propped up in the region).

Iran obviously are no saints and I've made my views well known on their proxies on here before, they have certainly caused carnage however they were only allowed to take a foothold following taking advantage of the destabilising post Iraq war which the US caused and Israel in Lebanon, but in the grand scheme it pales in comparison with US actions.

Last edited:

I'm probably more vehemently anti-Iranian regime than you are considering my family's history, the difference is I don't drink the neo-con kool-aid that labels Iran as the primary culprits for the region's instability.

Yes of course they have proxies, and yes they're almost constantly scheming to establish a foothold by exploiting sectarian divides and embedding themselves within neighbouring countries. This isn't a particularly surprising stance, nor one unique to Iran.

The whole notion that they're the biggest destablising presence in the region is utterly laughable though. You currently have a nuclear-armed ethno-fascist genocidal state (a US proxy) that has killed 40,000 people and counting all while bombing four countries simultaneously and assassinating anyone who so much as looks at them wrongly. Then you have their sponsor the US who has historically been responsible for more wars and destruction on a catastrophic scale than any other culpable faction in the region, probably combined. Yet we're expected to believe the ME is the pressure-cooker clusterfeck it is because of some paper-tiger regime that has only been around since 1979 and who cannot do much more than funnel rudimentary weapons to their proxies to fire aimless rockets.

Last edited:
:lol: you need to read some history books, the whole region has been shaped by the US (initially the British), way before the current Iranian regime came into power. US influence in the region definitely has had a net negative. Wars and placing/supporting oppressive dictators who are in power to this day are probably the worst crimes, before that it was the British carving it up the way it is now. And then you have supporting all the nefarious actions the Israeli state has been conducting in the region and brutalising the native population (although this also applies to the various dictators the US have propped up in the region).

Iran obviously are no saints and I've made my views well known on their proxies on here before, they have certainly caused carnage however they were only allowed to take a foothold following taking advantage of the destabilising post Iraq warwhich the US caused, but in the grand schemes it pales in comparison with US actions.
Anyone suggesting that Israel and the US aren't the biggest problems to security and peace in the region for at least the last 50 years has no idea what they are talking about or is just straight-up spreading Zionist propaganda.

Does Hezbollah come into existence without Israel's invasion of Lebanon though? Point being that yes, the Iranian regime desires influence in the region and uses proxies for that but they're also reacting to events around them, no?
Correct, Hezbollah formed shortly after Israel's invasion of South Lebanon. Heck their sponsor the Islamic Republic only came to be when the UK and CIA decided it best to overthrow the secular Mossadegh government of Iran

Imagine actions having consequences, yet we're led to believe by some that these factions merely spawned spontaneously, and the only thing stopping the Middle East from being an idyllic bastion of democracy, human rights and stability is Iran. :lol: