Is the European super league back? | United Statement: We remain committed to UEFA

It was always going to be legal, never been the problem. Fans don't want it, especially in England. So it's DOA.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new CL format flops and they change it quickly though, like the second group stage before.

The PL is a private business,
Is it? It works under the aegis of the FA, which is a public institution afaik. The clubs are private businesses, the PL itself is not I don't think.

UK isn't subject to EU court of justice anyways, so they can in fact make their own laws about it I believe - the UK, not the PL

Is it? It works under the aegis of the FA, which is a public institution afaik. The clubs are private businesses, the PL itself is not I don't think.

UK isn't subject to EU court of justice anyways, so they can in fact make their own laws about it I believe - the UK, not the PL
The Premier League is a private company wholly owned by its 20 Member Clubs who make up the League at any one time

The Premier League is a private company wholly owned by its 20 Member Clubs who make up the League at any one time
But one that still exists and operates within a larger public institution. If the ruling affected the FA then the PL would not be able to just ignore it. They'd have to abandon the FA to do so. Meaning leave the english football pyramid

But one that still exists and operates within a larger public institution. If the ruling affected the FA then the PL would not be able to just ignore it. They'd have to abandon the FA to do so. Meaning leave the english football pyramid
The PL can do lots of things that wouldn't be illegal but would hamper any club that wanted to be in both competitions, scheduling games every mid- week for example, doesn't stop any team from playing but they'd certainly find it hard to compete effectively, anyway it's probably moot, the fans made it quite clear they were against this and it would be a brave English club to backtrack now and an ESL without any English teams in it isn't going to work, probably wouldn't have any German teams either because of the ownership model there