Internationals March/June (Euro Play-Offs + Friendlies)

It must be strange for Norway to have two of the absolute superstars of world football, and simultaneously not having played at a major tournament for almost a quarter century.

Croatia are so jammy. Might lump some on them to get to the semis at least. Slow international football suits their golden oldies to a tee.

I must admit that I like Morten Hjulmann better and better and I have underestimated him. I'm starting to see why he has been linked with United several times.

I must admit that I like Morten Hjulmann better and better and I have underestimated him. I'm starting to see why he has been linked with United several times.

He's been quality for the minutes he has played in these friendlies. Not sure he is ready for such a big move, but he could definitely move on from Sporting soon.

Martinez is about two years away from looking like Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now.

Why didn’t Portugal bring Ronaldo on? Need a goal and leave him on bench

Like England yesterday, Portugal losing their final warm up game to a European powerhouse.

This is such a typical Haaland game. Anonymous the entire game and then pop up with a goal

We are just playing to our strengths:cool:.
Yeah I really like Croatia. The only reason they can do that is the immense technical ability in midfield that allows them to retain possession (as you said). It’s an incredible way in which they continuously punch above their weight.

I think the fella who was deemed offside was blocking someone off.

Yes. Just like our «goal» at Fulham when Maguire was offside. Ridiculous then, ridiculous now.

Yes. Just like our «goal» at Fulham when Maguire was offside. Ridiculous then, ridiculous now.

I don’t have a problem with a rule that says if you’re offside you can’t then block someone who’s attempting to defend the eventual goal scorer.

I don’t have a problem with a rule that says if you’re offside you can’t then block someone who’s attempting to defend the eventual goal scorer.

That’s only because you haven’t been on the wrong end of such decision yet:p

Portugal have a really good squad , the thing that stops me tipping them is that it seems to me that all the wins since the loss to morocco seem to be against the lower level nations .

That’s only because you haven’t been on the wrong end of such decision yet:p

:lol: I’m just saying just on the face of it, I don’t have a problem with it. It could definitely be applied incorrectly, so I’d take them on a case by case basis. I’m not even sure there was much of a foul in this instance. Definitely very soft but just as a rule, I think it’s ok.

We put on the pensioners and suddenly we are under huge pressure. Go figure.

Eriksen being one of the pensioners now is so wild. It was just the other day he was one of the golden boys of European football. I’m getting old man.

Yeah I really like Croatia. The only reason they can do that is the immense technical ability in midfield that allows them to retain possession (as you said). It’s an incredible way in which they continuously punch above their weight.
It is whole team in fact. Every defender is good on the ball. When you add that one winger is always a midfielder (Vlasic, Majer, Pasalic), another is Perisic and striker is Petkovic (poor man's Berbatov) you get 10 players who are strong on the ball. Then what will you do? Keep the ball, of course.;)

Eriksen being one of the pensioners now is so wild. It was just the other day he was one of the golden boys of European football. I’m getting old man.

And the guy is still only 32 years old. Some players are in their prime at that age, while others are washed.

Denmark win 2-0 against Sweden and 3-1 against Norway. Denmark will certainly not win the European Championship, but they are still the best in Scandinavia.