Internationals March/June (Euro Play-Offs + Friendlies)

Koeman starting Frimpong :wenger:

Looks like a sort of reserve team though with Brobbey and Gravenberch starting.

Wijnaldum though...

Haaland with three goals, three goals away from beeing all-time goalscorer for Norway at 23.
A great effort by him with his goals to game ratio - though also helps that it's not a particularly high number to overtake (33). It's going to be one hell of an achievement for a 23 year old to overtake the record for the likes of Portugal, Poland, Argentina, Brazil...

Though the way Haaland's going, he may well have done that by the end of his career!

How does Frimpong not have more caps. He's fantastic.

Really is ridiculous how long it took for Koeman to first give him a call-up. I think when the competition starts he'll probably be mostly used as a sub off the bench, not sure how both he as RW with Dumfries as RB would work. Geertruida would probably be better but I can't see Koeman not starting Dumfries.

Interesting problem to have but I think the right call would be to back Frimpong who likely has additional incentive of the knowledge a good tournament could persuade a bunch of sides to activate his release clause.

Really is ridiculous how long it took for Koeman to first give him a call-up. I think when the competition starts he'll probably be mostly used as a sub off the bench, not sure how both he as RW with Dumfries as RB would work. Geertruida would probably be better but I can't see Koeman not starting Dumfries.

Interesting problem to have but I think the right call would be to back Frimpong who likely has additional incentive of the knowledge a good tournament could persuade a bunch of sides to activate his release clause.

This would be absolutely bonkers, he's one of the best players in Europe this season.

Yeah, Geertruida Frimpong would be the best choice I think, but Dumfries has been fantastic in Orange in all the tournaments he played. So he deservedly has a bit of credit.

Dumfries Frimpong definitely won't work as you say. Geertruida isnt spectacular in Orange. But a solid defender (though he score a lot for a defender when playing for Feyenoord).

This would be absolutely bonkers, he's one of the best players in Europe this season.

For sure. I just feel that up until this game at least, he didn't quite have the same performances in the international games, albeit a limited sample size and this is arguably the first time he's been played in the position which gets the most out of him. It'll be interesting to see what Koeman does, but I think the team he'll want to field will be closer to the one that played against Germany, rightly or wrongly.

For sure. I just feel that up until this game at least, he didn't quite have the same performances in the international games, albeit a limited sample size and this is arguably the first time he's been played in the position which gets the most out of him. It'll be interesting to see what Koeman does, but I think the team he'll want to field will be closer to the one that played against Germany, rightly or wrongly.
This was only his 3rd appearance for the national team (and second start). His first starting appearance was indeed poor, but Koeman played him as a full back in a back 4, which is a bit alien to him.

Frimpong aside, I really hope yesterday marked the end of Wijnaldum's international career.

He literally has a German-only letter in his name - a name that is also the German word for large. So what nationality did you think he was?
I'll assume (and hope :lol:) that @Samid means "when did Großget capped" and the answer to that is: only last year, today was his seventh match for Germany and his first goal.

Højbjerg makes it two goals in two.

He sometimes reminds me of Bendtner, in that I watch him in the PL and he’s almost always underwhelming but he seems have a knack of always playing his best football for Denmark.

First time in years watching Norway. I love their kit.

How long has Solbakken been their coach? He was a bit of a legend in Danish football in the 90s wasn’t he?

Sweden 0 v 3 Serbia (79 min), average game. Sweden with useless possession, Serbia counter-attacking, missing chances (Vlahovic) and scoring (Milinkovic-Savic, Mitrovic, Tadic).

Edit: 0-3, FT

Last edited:
First time in years watching Norway. I love their kit.

How long has Solbakken been their coach? He was a bit of a legend in Danish football in the 90s wasn’t he?

His playing career was cut short by a heart problem, but he has managed FC Copenhagen for a very long time over two stints. Somehow he is still impossible to understand even though he has lived for multiple decades in Denmark.