If you're Ole in, how much time will you give him?

RedBanker

I love you Ole
How many get on the Liverpool team?
Aha. I see. Same way let me ask you how many of this Pool team get Ancellotti's Milan squad? Or how many of that Milan Team would get into the Cryuffs Barca of the early Nineties? I could go on but I hope for your sake that you get the drift. Probably not. So let me spell it out.

One can have all the best players in the world or a of mix of quality. But what makes teams tick is coaching and tactics. For every good squad there has always been a better one somewhere in time. Any squad is always a work in progress. Those who crib that squad is not good will forever crib because other than cheating on FM (which is probably where your notion of an ideal squad comes from) there are no perfect squads.

If you think that absolutely no manager can get better mileage from a team consisting of tenured international players at every position and some of them supremely talented, you better have a long hard look at yourself in that **** outfit.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
Then we move on and get Nagelsmann if he is still on the market then which quite frankly looks highly unlikely
What if Nagelsmann doesn't work out?

This game of managerial dice rolling hasn't worked so far and may not work in the future. We have to ask, is it the manager?

Liverpool took 30 years to get the right manager. Was it that the managers were always bad or that the structure was bad?

TheGame

The thread title clearly states this discussion for people who want Ole to stay and how long they would give him yet the Ole Out brigade seep into this thread with their same old comments like the other ones and basically it just turns into another Sack Ole thread. Go and spout your bile in the other thread. No wonder this place is toxic when you can't even have a discussion without people spouting their nonsense in every thread regardless of the title of it.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
For people who are expecting a “title challenge”, what exactly do they mean?
So let’s say if Poch comes in, what happens? I hope people don’t seriously believe that we have a better squad than City or Liverpool. I also hope people don’t really believe Poch is on the same level as Pep and Klopp. Otherwise there will be a lot of disappointment.
So what can we realistically expect from a manager who is worse than the top 2 with a squad which is worse than theirs? 3rd/4th, right? But that’s not a title challenge. Title challenge is being in the race until the very last league games and not something like team X wins the league on match day 32 but then loses every game so United come close 2nd / 3rd in the end. This 2nd / 3rd place in this case won’t be a title challenge after all.
However when people expect from Ole he has to finish top 4 they are accused of lowering their expectations.
I get people are not convinced by Ole, but I really don’t get how they can’t accept that City and Liverpool were miles ahead of us in the last few years including last season. And we haven’t even come close to filling this gap. So how can then anyone realistically expect a title challenge? In the transfer window we all agreed that the club missed the chance to build on our 3rd place finish. But now we are forgetting all that just because we signed a 33 year old injury prone striker, a LB cover and VdB?
Taking this into account if I am expecting top 4 then no way am I lowering my expectations, I am just being realistic. I accept that we have the 4th best squad in the league. That’s why I demand no worse than a top 4 finish this season.
And I will have the same expectations from a new manager for this or next season. 6th place “but we played progressive football” will not be good enough for me.

croadyman

I'm Ole in and for what it's worth, I'd give him until he fills all or most of the holes in the squad that he inherited. Ideally that would have been a long way closer to completion this summer just gone but Woody and Judge in their infinite wisdom fecked it up royally.

In terms of timescales, I'd say realistically, it would be at the end of next season. However, the minimum expectations during this interim period before we complete the squad, is top 4 and continued progression and improvement in results and momentum. As long as we achieve that then he shouldn't be expected to lose his job.
Look I can just about accept him getting until the end of this season but how on earth can we give another year to a manager who cannot motivate these players to start well every game

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Again, it's so irrelevant. You are describing club's status. RB Leipzig & Istanbul are very small club compared to us. But this doesn't counter my argument about them being good team and we are in toughest group because club's status doesn't reflect to team's current level.

Right now RB Leipzig as a team is considered as top team in the top league Bundesliga which reflect to where they were last season in Bundesliga and how they were semi finalist of CL. While Istanbul is the champion of the Turkey SL which tells you enough they are better team than the PL low table team, being 9th in 11 games is just a lazy conclusion.

You can't justify football team based on financial power. If it's the case then why Bayern isn't beating RB Leipzig last week?? We are a team that has problem since 2014, and the problem are growing and growing and growing. The more problem, the more money it will cost you to fix it.
I am comparing them to us because that's the sort of opposition we played and lost against. The club's status has nothing to do with either. What matters is that we're a far richer club, with far better players who was kicked out of the CL by two clubs whose squad is far inferior to ours. One might try to defend Ole if he inherited that shit defence but it's not the case. That defence was largely built under Ole's watch and it costed us the tune of 145m. There shouldn't be any beating around the bush here. This is down the manager and the coaches

Regarding Bayern we all know that they will probably end up winning the Bundersliga as they have been doing on a constant basis for the past 30 years or so. Leipzig will probably end up 3rd just as they did last year and the year before. So you really shouldn't be giving the Bundesliga any credit whatsoever really. However if Leipzig do end up winning the Bundesliga then kudos to them and woe to Bayern Munich. With their finances, youth academy etc they should be cruising to the title just as we should have cruised past the CL group. A team like ours shouldn't have lost against Istanbul and they shouldn't have ended 2-0 down after 15 minutes against Leipzig.

Last edited:

croadyman

They have 3 more pts and we have a game in hand so there's no logic to what you're saying. Ole is keeping pace with the top teams right now.
Yeah because all we are good at right now is making comebacks and reliance on individual brilliance which only ever can get a team so far

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I have to admit that in the morning after the night before I have a lot of conflicting thoughts about what the right thing is for the club. For me, there are still a lot more pro's than con's when it comes to evaluating Ole, and I do strongly believe that he has done a fantastic job rebuilding this squad and lifting the mentality of the club up to where it is now.

When it comes to our failure to get through this group, two significant thoughts spring to mind. The first is that we shouldn't underestimate how unlucky we were with the draw and I think a test of this magnitude ultimately came along a little too early for this team. We weren't ready. The second, and most important, is that this was a collective failure. What I mean by that is that if you look at the key incidents that cost us, some of these were on the manager and some were also on individual players. Many of these mistakes were not a result of coaching deficiencies. They were players not doing their jobs. They were Freds stupid headbutt. The brainfart of the Demba Ba goal. The Martial misses against PSG. Masons miss in the first 10 minutes last night. Maguire & De Gea not being on the same page for the 3rd goal. Etc Etc Etc. None of these are coaching issues.

So am I still Ole in? Yes. How much time do we give him? I don't know the answer to that. It involves too many unknowns and we need to see how we perform for the rest of this season. My biggest concern right now is not how we've been set up tactically. Ole gets it right a lot, and every manager gets it wrong sometimes. I love how we went for it against PSG. That's how I want United to play. No fear. Its also not the substitutions. We don't know the circumstances of those, and besides our subs have won us plenty of games this season.

My biggest concern is how we are starting so poorly, so often. I can't understand it. I doubt that anyone understands it, but I am absolutely certain that it gets talked about in the dressing room ALL.THE.TIME. There is some kind of mental block there that's needs to be solved ASAP, and that is where the conflicting thoughts come in for me. Its the only reason I'm starting to question whether we need to start thinking about a change (thinking about, not doing). I don't believe that Ole doesn't have the backing of the dressing room, but if its an issue that is going to cost us key matches then that will undo everything else that is happening. It has to be solved.
Completely agreed. Could not have said it better myself. Overall i still feel like we are on a upward trajectory and as long as we stay true on that course, i dont see a reason to make any changes to our coaching staff. Also i am going to quote this i saw on reddit

Manchester United under each manager:

Games scoring 3+ goals:

Jose: 21.5%

LVG: 25.2%

Moyes: 25.5%

OGS: 32.4%

OGS since Jan: 41.5%

This season: 50%

This shows: A. steady progression and B. willingness to attack

Win %:

LVG: 52.4%

Moyes: 52.9%

OGS: 55.6%

Jose: 58.3%

OGS since Jan: 63.4%

OGS this season: 61.1%

Klopp’s first 3 seasons: 52.3% (best season 57.4%)

The big picture: Solskjaer is rebuilding MUFC into a sustainable attacking team, while maintaining a win % that surpasses the others. All while removing yrs of deadwood; dealing with Raiola’s disruption; while advancing youth, & reinvigorating the academy. Further results WILL come with maturity

Last season, the average lineup was the youngest in the PL. This season, the 3rd youngest (at 25.6). SAF always claimed 27-28 age for a title win. The last 9 champions have been an average age of 27+. Even the “can’t win anything with kids” side was still an average age of 26.5.

That is not a coincidence. Experience matters

MUFC are statistically improving & for a young team, have been at a very good level for nearly a year. They are on schedule, & will still get much better. Remember when it was broken and the plan was to rebuild & take a longer term approach?
Yesterday fecking stung and it still does. Crashing out in that manner after such a good start to our CL campaign feels like the mother of all wasted opportunities. And that last paragraph is my concern as well. Vs WH and Soton we got away with it because of some really good attacking football, but yesterday it cost us dearly and we simply can not keep doing this. Its not a lack of winning instinct or drive, because our comebacks show we have that.

Complacency? Hubris? Who knows. All i know is that Ole needs to sort it out right away or hes going to be unemployed pretty soon

They have 3 more pts and we have a game in hand so there's no logic to what you're saying. Ole is keeping pace with the top teams right now.
Get to feck with your utterly shite posting. Or, go read what consistent means, because 1 loss in 18 is consistent. 6 losses in 18 isn't, we have lost 1 every 3 games we play to their 1 in 18. And whilst their single loss was to the Champions, we have lost against some utter shite and had a 1-6 home humiliation and early CL exit in there to boot.

You ask why the narrative was different for Lampard, that's why!

Last edited:

croadyman

What if Nagelsmann doesn't work out?

This game of managerial dice rolling hasn't worked so far and may not work in the future. We have to ask, is it the manager?

Liverpool took 30 years to get the right manager. Was it that the managers were always bad or that the structure was bad?
The one thing I will agree with you on is that there is clearly a problem above Ole and Woody should go first,however I have accepted a long time ago that the Glazers golden goose isn't ever getting removed so the manager takes the fall

Flexdegea

For people who are expecting a “title challenge”, what exactly do they mean?
So let’s say if Poch comes in, what happens? I hope people don’t seriously believe that we have a better squad than City or Liverpool. I also hope people don’t really believe Poch is on the same level as Pep and Klopp. Otherwise there will be a lot of disappointment.
So what can we realistically expect from a manager who is worse than the top 2 with a squad which is worse than theirs? 3rd/4th, right? But that’s not a title challenge. Title challenge is being in the race until the very last league games and not something like team X wins the league on match day 32 but then loses every game so United come close 2nd / 3rd in the end. This 2nd / 3rd place in this case won’t be a title challenge after all.
However when people expect from Ole he has to finish top 4 they are accused of lowering their expectations.
I get people are not convinced by Ole, but I really don’t get how they can’t accept that City and Liverpool were miles ahead of us in the last few years including last season. And we haven’t even come close to filling this gap. So how can then anyone realistically expect a title challenge? In the transfer window we all agreed that the club missed the chance to build on our 3rd place finish. But now we are forgetting all that just because we signed a 33 year old injury prone striker, a LB cover and VdB?
Taking this into account if I am expecting top 4 then no way am I lowering my expectations, I am just being realistic. I accept that we have the 4th best squad in the league. That’s why I demand no worse than a top 4 finish this season.
And I will have the same expectations from a new manager for this or next season. 6th place “but we played progressive football” will not be good enough for me.

Excellent post.

Think you typed out what I'd been trying to say.

We are 2 windows away from having squad and team were we need it to be to challenge.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
The one thing I will agree with you on is that there is clearly a problem above Ole and Woody should go first,however I have accepted a long time ago that the Glazers golden goose isn't ever getting removed
Yeah you're probably right. We basically need someone who can succeed in spite of Woodward and Co.

There might be a ceiling to what we can realistically expect.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Get to feck with your utterly shite posting. Or, go read what consistent means, because 1 loss in 18 is consistent. 6 losses in 18 isn't, we have lost 1 every 3 games we play to their 1 in 18. And whilst their single loss was to the Champions, we have lost against some utter shite and had a humiliation and CL exit in there to boot.

You ask why the narrative was different for Lampard, that's why!
So what. Are Chelsea going to win the CL? Highly unlikely. We got a tougher group than they did.

The fact is we are currently close to all our domestic rivals in the league so Ole is going nowhere. I suggest you go and so something else on match days till May. Supporting your club seems too much work for you.

So what. Are Chelsea going to win the CL? Highly unlikely. We got a tougher group than they did.

The fact is we are currently close to all our domestic rivals in the league so Ole is going nowhere. I suggest you go and so something else on match days till May. Supporting your club seems too much work for you.
So now you're changing the narrative yourself? You asked why the fecking narrative about Lampard was different, I told you why in crystal clear terms, 1 loss in 18 to the Champions is consistency at it's finest.

Why can't people sometimes just reply with "fair enough, hadn't realised he'd lost so few in all comps". Nope, it's "the sky aint blue" or some bullshit tangent about supporting another club. I support Ole every single game and I'm desperate for him to win, I love it when he does, or even when we perform in loses (PSG), but I've also no problem calling a spade a spade.

Being deluded as feck doesn't make you a better supporter, worse I'd say.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I am comparing them to us because that's the sort of opposition we played and lost against. The club's status has nothing to do with either. What matters is that we're a far richer club, with far better players who was kicked out of the CL by two clubs whose squad is far inferior to ours. One might try to defend Ole if he inherited that shit defence but it's not the case. That defence was largely built under Ole's watch and it costed us the tune of 145m. There shouldn't be any beating around the bush here. This is down the manager and the coaches

Regarding Bayern we all know that they will probably end up winning the Bundersliga as they have been doing on a constant basis for the past 30 years or so. Leipzig will probably end up 3rd just as they did last year and the year before. So you really shouldn't be giving the Bundesliga any credit whatsoever really. However if Leipzig do end up winning the Bundesliga then kudos to them and woe to Bayern Munich. With their finances, youth academy etc they should be cruising to the title just as we should have cruised past the CL group. A team like ours shouldn't have lost against Istanbul and they shouldn't have ended 2-0 down after 15 minutes against Leipzig.
You are using the term ‘’richer club’’ as club’s status! You just said it has nothing to do with and yet you are mentioning the club’s status.

Club’s status is irrelevant to the argument. It doesn’t counter the argument that we are in toughest group of the CL.

We rotated players against Istanbul, it cost us. Should we beat Istanbul and Leipzig? Yes. But we didn’t. Should Bayern beat Leipzig? Yes. But they didn’t. Team with more money doesn’t always mean they will win the match. Are the manager and coaches to blamed alone, no, everyone are to blamed. But again, all these doesn’t counter my argument that we are in toughest group, it still stands. That’s what you are highlighting in my post and what you are arguing, you want to make new argument with me regarding whether it’s acceptable or no us being knocked out, I never mention it in the post you replied.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So now you're changing the narrative yourself? You asked why the fecking narrative about Lampard was different, I told you why in crystal clear terms, 1 loss in 18 to the Champions is consistency at it's finest.

Why can't people sometimes just reply with "fair enough, hadn't realised he'd lost so few in all comps". Nope, it's "the sky aint blue" or some bullshit tangent about supporting another club. I support Ole every single game and I'm desperate for him to win, I love it when he does, or even when we perform in loses (PSG), but I've also no problem calling a spade a spade.

Being deluded as feck doesn't make you a better supporter, worse I'd say.
If we beat City at the weekend I hope it makes you truly miserable. I'm sure it will. You sound like one of the ones wanting us to lose to prove your point.

Ole has the 3rd or 4th strongest squad in the division. He came narrowly 3rd last season. He could still come 3rd or 4th this season. We are up there in the mix sooner than we were last season. We've just gone 9 PL away games winning run. A club record.

It's not all doom and gloom.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I said it previously, but the problem with people who are supporting Ole is they're showing yet again they don't seem to have any set of expectations for the club, the manager or the season. They'll be content with pretty much anything happening and will consider it as just "progress" and "rebuild process". Challenge for the league, finish top 4 only, finish even 5th or 6th, qualify from CL group, get KOed to Europe League, it doesn't matter. They don't have expectations and basing their evaluation for the manager on it. Everything that happens is fine to them, just support Ole blindly till the end of the road.
Thats not true. I've seen pretty much all of his most vocal supporters express genuine disappointment/disgust over last nights shambolic exit and people wont accept anything

If we miss out on CL next year and/or our general performances takes a nose dive i think i can guarantee that 99% of even the staunches Ole defenders are going to want him gone. Of course there is a element of sentimentality involved here, but contrary to popular Caf belief, there is no such thing as an "Ole ****" and no one puts him above the well being of the club.

If we beat City at the weekend I hope it makes you truly miserable. I'm sure it will. You sound like one of the ones wanting us to lose to prove your point.

Ole has the 3rd or 4th strongest squad in the division. He came narrowly 3rd last season. He could still come 3rd or 4th this season. We are up there in the mix sooner than we were last season. We've just gone 9 PL away games winning run. A club record.

We agree on this, all of it.

Even the doom and gloom part.

The first line though, go outside and whack your head against a streetlamp, might knock some sense into it. I give zero fecks about "being right", I want to be wrong, it's much more fun then. Our system vs. Leipzig I called as a clusterfeck before the game but desperately said I want to be at the end of the game looking like a clueless knobhead, and I'd prefer us being in the CL than me "being right".
Why you think any fan would prefer to be right on tinternet than watch their team win stuff is just..... odd.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We agree on this, all of it.

Even the doom and gloom part.

The first line though, go outside and whack your head against a streetlamp, might knock some sense into it. I give zero fecks about "being right", I want to be wrong, it's much more fun then. Our system vs. Leipzig I called as a clusterfeck before the game but desperately said I want to be at the end of the game looking like a clueless knobhead, and I'd prefer us being in the CL than me "being right".
You're very angry and very good at having a pop at Ole.

Who is your man then? Who do you want?

LJJT

We are a better side than we’ve ever been post Fergie. We’ve made great improvements with still a long way to go. Granted there are issues and we are far from perfect but the Ole witch hunt is ridiculous. He deserves to be in charge until the end of this season and then we can judge again from there.

el3mel

Thats not true. I've seen pretty much all of his most vocal supporters express genuine disappointment/disgust over last nights shambolic exit and people wont accept anything

If we miss out on CL next year and/or our general performances takes a nose dive i think i can guarantee that 99% of even the staunches Ole defenders are going to want him gone. Of course there is a element of sentimentality involved here, but contrary to popular Caf belief, there is no such thing as an "Ole ****" and no one puts him above the well being of the club.
Maybe. I definitely don't mean someone like you, as you're one of the most reasonable Ole supporters I have seen here, but there're some here that for they seem to not know what they want from this season.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

There's no way we've got a stronger squad than Chelsea after the summer. They can put out a second string almost on a par with what we put out last night.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
There's no way we've got a stronger squad than Chelsea after the summer. They can put out a second string almost on a par with what we put out last night.
Which is why I said 3rd or 4th. I don't think Spurs will keep up their form and after Kane n Son there isn't a great deal else.

I’ve mentioned this in other threads @horsechoker but the reason it took Liverpool so long is that they spent 20 of those years trying to do precisely what we are doing now, that is, hope like hell that patience and time suddenly make a manager great.
Souness 3 years, Roy Evans 4-5 years, Houllier 5-6 years, Rafa 6 years.

4 managers in 20 years and no title.

Then.... 4 managers in 5 years and hey presto, they find him.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
4th at best i would say.
So why do we have mass breakdown going on? If our squad is only the 4th best (I tend to agree) then why is Ole being expected to do better?

Fergie wouldnt win the league with this squad. We've got 1 player maybe 2 that gets in the Liverpool first 11. Fergie was a genius but not even he was that good.

You're very angry and very good at having a pop at Ole.

Who is your man then? Who do you want?
I sound angry online, especially with people who deny the sky is blue.

My man... depends that. I have no man really.

I think Poch suits United and fits quickly into the good work the club and Ole have done building the squad, he loves working with the academy and play style is easier to implement.

Nagelsmann, I think the ceiling might be higher with him, but it just feels too drastic, we did that from Moyes > LVG > Mourinho and I’m not convinced it would work fast enough. It was fecking expensive too and required too much wholesale squad change from manager to manager.

I think Poch would work with what he currently has better, he’d pluck the likes of Laird straight into the first 11 as soon as possible, start using DvB well etc.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
So why do we have mass breakdown going on? If our squad is only the 4th best (I tend to agree) then why is Ole being expected to do better?

Fergie wouldnt win the league with this squad. We've got 1 player maybe 2 that gets in the Liverpool first 11. Fergie was a genius but not even he was that good.
Admins can we please give this person some well deserved time off.

Once again, because we’ve lost 1 of every 3 games we’ve played this season, we’ve been humiliated at home 1-6 and got dumped out of the Champions League in the groups, in a game where even ardent Ole backers are calling him for his shit tactics.

And we’ve spent the majority of the season bar a few days at 6th or below.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I sound angry online, especially with people who deny the sky is blue.

My man... depends that. I have no man really.

I think Poch suits United and fits quickly into the good work the club and Ole have done building the squad, he loves working with the academy and play style is easier to implement.

Nagelsmann, I think the ceiling might be higher with him, but it just feels too drastic, we did that from Moyes > LVG > Mourinho and I’m not convinced it would work fast enough. It was fecking expensive too and required too much wholesale squad change from manager to manager.

I think Poch would work with what he currently has better, he’d pluck the likes of Laird straight into the first 11 as soon as possible, start using DvB well etc.
Same Poch who won nothing for 5 years when even we won 3 trophies in that same period and we were an utter mess? That Poch?

The same Poch who got knocked out of the Europa by Fiorentina and then the mighty Gent?

The same Poch who couldn't even deliver a single Carabao cup and Spurs made a documentary about their lack of winners mentality which clearly showed why they sacked him? That Poch?

You think he's the man? Good luck with that one fella. Think you've fallen into the trap.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

I think it's partly that many believe that the next guy will magically get more than the sum of it's parts from the squad and part just plain overrating of what we have.

Looking at last night's lineup even our better players like Rashford are very hit and miss and always have been, he's arguably not even a starter for England. Greenwood is just a kid. Shaw and AWB don't even make the England squad, Matic is past it. Lindelof, McTominay and De Gea are all pretty average PL players. Before anyone says it i'm not saying the RB Leipzig line up is anything special but there is certainly not a big gap.

Same Poch who won nothing for 5 years when even we won 3 trophies in that same period and we were an utter mess? That Poch?

The same Poch who got knocked out of the Europa by Fiorentina and then the mighty Gent?

The same Poch who couldn't even deliver a single Carabao cup and Spurs made a documentary about their lack of winners mentality which clearly showed why they sacked him? That Poch?

You think he's the man? Good luck with that one fella. Think you've fallen into the trap.
You think the guy that relegated Cardiff is the man, so I'd say I win this one again.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You think the guy that relegated Cardiff is the man, so I'd say I win this one again.
I don't necessarily. But I don't think he should be sacked just yet either.

If we had somebody waiting to take over like a Klopp or Pep I'd be more on board.

Spurs didn't trust Poch to take them to the next level. Is that not a huge sign that the toughest job in the world might be a bit too much for him?

nickm

I think Ole is capable of spending the club's money to the extent that we finish top 4, but he's not the manager to win the premiership or the champs league. We should've realised that at the end of last season, and pulled the trigger then, a shitty move but maybe the right one. We need a manager who is a better technician.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
I’ve mentioned this in other threads @horsechoker but the reason it took Liverpool so long is that they spent 20 of those years trying to do precisely what we are doing now, that is, hope like hell that patience and time suddenly make a manager great.
Souness 3 years, Roy Evans 4-5 years, Houllier 5-6 years, Rafa 6 years.

4 managers in 20 years and no title.

Then.... 4 managers in 5 years and hey presto, they find him.
Milan have had 9 managers since Allegri left in 2014 and they haven't won Serie A.

Would they have won anything by staying with one? Probably not.

Does changing constantly guarantee success? No.

Does getting your club in order make success more likely? Yes.

Would we be in the same position as Milan are if we changed managers more often? It's probable.

Furthermore, let's not forget that in the 90s giving managers seasons was the norm. Having a revolving door policy probably wouldn't have worked out for the scousers back then.

Gator Nate

Still Ole in.

Through 10 games in 2018, the Recycled One was 8th on 17 points and zero GD, with no games in hand. He was also losing the dressing room.

Through 10 games in 2020, Ole is 6th on 19 points and +2 GD, with a game in hand to all five teams above him. And I don't see that Ole has lost the dressing room.

I'll grant, Mo got us out of the CL group stage in 18/19, but when the draw was made this year, no one expected us to survive.

And every time Ole puts a lineup on the field, and I mean every. single. time., there are complaints about how many of the players aren't up to club standards. Yet when he wins, many say how it's down to individual player brilliance, and when he loses, they say it's due to the manager's tactics.

It's a long season and we're not out of things to do yet. There are the Europa League knockouts now, we still have both cup competitions, and we still have the league to play for. Seems to me we are still in much better shape than when Mourinho was sacked.

The last time we had back-to-back top-4 finishes in the league was 11/12 and 12/13.

Milan have had 9 managers since Allegri left in 2014 and they haven't won Serie A.

Would they have won anything by staying with one? Probably not.

Does changing constantly guarantee success? No.

Does getting your club in order make success more likely? Yes.

Would we be in the same position as Milan are if we changed managers more often? It's probable.
Come on man, you can't be serious with that?!

Milan have spent 663m since Allegri left. That's €94m /season.

We've spent 1.13 billion in that time, or €161m /season.

We're a different beast altogether. But yes, of course the highlighted is the most important of all.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Are we really waiting for this before we can say we can challenge? How many Liverpool players got in City's or Madrid's squad when they came second or when they went to the finals of the champions league
If the answer is 3 or less then what we are asking of of Ole is simply not realistic is it? Liverpool's injury hit season so far has them closer to the rest than they would be.

We have the 3rd or 4th best squad in the league. We are in the mix for 3rd and 4th. That's just how it is.

Our fans still think we are Fergies Utd. We aren't. Before Fergie we didn't win the title for 26 years. We haven't been a consistent title chasing side forever. We just were under Fergie.