How Brighton BEAT Football

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think they will lose this weekend in the league game.
They've generally put away the lower teams this season. Won big v Luton and Bournemouth at home and also won 4-1 at Wolves which as the weeks goes on looks a very good result indeed. Not quite getting the results v top teams given the loss to West Ham and draw with Liverpool, games they were winning at home last year. We usually beat them but 6-1 was a result of going with a very lightweight midfield and we trampled all over that.

I can't see that Sheffield United backline quite holding up v Mitoma, Fati, Pedro etc.

On course for a 60 + season again so De Zerbi is getting plenty out of the resources again while he rotates pretty much every week.

city-puma

They've generally put away the lower teams this season. Won big v Luton and Bournemouth at home and also won 4-1 at Wolves which as the weeks goes on looks a very good result indeed. Not quite getting the results v top teams given the loss to West Ham and draw with Liverpool, games they were winning at home last year. We usually beat them but 6-1 was a result of going with a very lightweight midfield and we trampled all over that.

I can't see that Sheffield United backline quite holding up v Mitoma, Fati, Pedro etc.

On course for a 60 + season again so De Zerbi is getting plenty out of the resources again while he rotates pretty much every week.
Since last season, I found they have real issues to handle two games per week. They normally can won one game and lost (draw a few times) the other. It’s similar in the season by now. That’s why I feel they might continue the similar pattern until they really figure out how-to. It’s not that easy to consistently and optimally apply rotation.

ArmaDino

Mad to bump this thread the day they beat Ajax away in Europe, a day after we lose to European minnows. Timings not your forte?
We're talking about Brighton, not United. And Ajax these days was lingering on the brink of relegation, until a couple of weeks ago.

Imagine thinking that a team that beat a midtable Eredevise team is somehow beating football. :lol:

If we compare their league form, Brighton only has 3 points from a possible 15 in the last 5 matches, and apparently they are overperforming. While we have 9 points from 15 and are in free fall. Go figure

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Since last season, I found they have real issues to handle two games per week. They normally can won one game and lost (draw a few times) the other. It’s similar in the season by now. That’s why I feel they might continue the similar pattern until they really figure out how-to. It’s not that easy to consistently and optimally apply rotation.
They are much better than Sheffield United though even with rotated team. If this was at Bramall Lane yes that would be tricky turnaround with more travelling so chance for dropped points but I'd be very surprised if they don't beat them at home.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
They beat football and swiftly decided to become mediocre again so they can beat it twice.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
They beat football and swiftly decided to become mediocre again so they can beat it twice.
To be fair the players they’ve lost it would be like us selling the good Rashford Bruno Shaw and Casemiro and replacing them with cheaper young players who are new to the PL and expecting it to be a linear progression. They have such a young squad too. Fair fecks to them. Real life FM save antics

Castia

For a squad that a) sells their star player every time a transfer window opens and b) are completely riddled with injuries it’s a miracle they‘re in the top 10.

I mean just go and look at their typical starting 11 in recent weeks you’d think they were relegation fodder

The proper model of how to run a ‘small’ premier league club against the top teams in this league.

Redstain

For a squad that a) sells their star player every time a transfer window opens and b) are completely riddled with injuries it’s a miracle they‘re in the top 10.

I mean just go and look at their typical starting 11 in recent weeks you’d think they were relegation fodder
They are overperforming given the circumstances and it reminds me of how United were 6th (as of this evening) the rest of the league has been abysmal it's papering over many cracks.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What a hit from Estupinan. He's been a big miss from the left over last couple of months. Shame for them they've lost Mitoma from that area but that will be good for them in europe if he's back in March.

Joao Pedro has really settled in after a slow start. He's a very good fit for their final third given how he can drift across, him and Welbeck were too much for the Spurs backline.

I think they'll finish top 6 again.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Also when you think about it, Pedro is that bit closer to hitting his prime, they can be more careful with Ferguson and then sell Pedro if/when he catches fire for a season or two. It’s good planning with Welbeck also in the twilight of his career. He was a great pickup on a free, he’s been miles better for Brighton than Arsenal.

doughole

The problem with Brighton's long term prospects is that a) its not a football town like the sleeping northern giants, and b) lower prospects of recruiting local players because much of the area projected out from Brighton is sea.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
The problem with Brighton's long term prospects is that a) its not a football town like the sleeping northern giants, and b) lower prospects of recruiting local players because much of the area projected out from Brighton is sea.
This is ridiculous.

Dunk, March, Hinshelwood and Webster are all local lads, with Dunk and Hinshelwood all playing in our junior teams, Hinshelwood since he was 7. He scored last night.

We also have a very large catchment. What is a “football town”?

KeanoMagicHat

Last 15 PL games now for Brighton, only 3 wins. 17 points in 15 after winning 15 in 6 to start the season. 7 low-scoring draws. Teams look like they've worked them out.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Last 15 PL games now for Brighton, only 3 wins. 17 points in 15 after winning 15 in 6 to start the season. 7 low-scoring draws. Teams look like they've worked them out.
The depressing thing is that they're still ahead of us in the table.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Title update? How Brighton equalled football?

KeanoMagicHat

The depressing thing is that they're still ahead of us in the table.
Same points yeah but our shitty goal difference is costly. Depends what way you look at it, everyone knows we're crap and Brighton are supposed to be good yet the same points.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
They seem to be maintaining their early season level against the stronger sides (although they were woeful in their game at Arsenal).

Their recent home games (bar the Spurs one) have been unwatchable.

Ole'sgunnarwin

It's a bit small time to be laughing at bloody Brighton. Is that what it's come to? They're ahead of us last I checked and still in Europe so let's get out own house in order before giving it the big one.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's a bit small time to be laughing at bloody Brighton. Is that what it's come to? They're ahead of us last I checked and still in Europe so let's get out own house in order before giving it the big one.
Yeah and people think standards haven't dropped. Laughing at Brighton who are ahead of us :lol:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Nothing to worry about they beat football long time ago

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Will probably win this game 6 or 7 nil.

Back to beating football once more. :drool:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Look electric today.
Mitoma came on for Japan today and Fati is back on the bench so going to be some attack when they're all available again.

Even if he hasn't scored much they're better with Ferguson starting as CF aswell imo, Joao Pedro can drop off as second striker.

Loon

:lol:
So, is this our new manager again? I mean, the Luton guy is doing pretty well…